The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The Republic of India would like to invite members of the Arab League to join India in a conference on furthering the rights of women in our respective nations.

OOC: Reading through old threads, and award to worst manifesto of all time must go to the current President of the Arab League, Moleman :wink:

Moleman1996
I cannot promise to put in enough time, and had not intended to run. But as a president is needed for the league to continue functioning, I would urge you to vote for me. I pledge that should a more suitable candidate express definite interest in the position of President during my term, I would step down and urge my deputies to call an immediate election to allow a more active member to take my place.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Cheese_Monster
The Republic of India would like to invite members of the Arab League to join India in a conference on furthering the rights of women in our respective nations.

OOC: Reading through old threads, and award to worst manifesto of all time must go to the current President of the Arab League, Moleman :wink:

Moleman1996

The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is sceptical given the opinion of women in the country. However, we shall accept said invitation as we feel it is beneficial for the Kingdom.

OOC: Where can we find said thread? :007:
(edited 11 years ago)

Moleman1996

Original post by PierceBrosnan
The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is sceptical given the opinion of women in the country. However, we shall accept said invitation as we feel it is beneficial for the Kingdom.

OOC: Where can we find said thread? :007:

Tunisia accepts the invitation, and the Arab League will seek to nominate a representative to put forward the league's views at said conference.

And its a masterpiece, what can I say? :colone:
Reply 303
OOC: What does the Arab League think about the proposals to suspend all the blocks?
Original post by stanlas2
OOC: What does the Arab League think about the proposals to suspend all the blocks?

whilst we understand the concerns we oppose the proposal, we think that the blocs if advertised,properly when people are signing up for the mun can draw people to the mun, and that shutting,them down will make little difference,to the activity of the ga :P
Statment From The Office of The President

Countries of the Arab League. A vote has been called which could determine the very future of our organisation. It has been suggested that the blocs detract from the activity of the General Assembly and that both the EU and the AL should be suspended temporarily until activity improves. As president of the Arab League I would urge you to vehemently oppose this stance, and vote "things should remain as they are". Should you re-elect the current presidency team, we are working harder than ever and really feel that should the league be allowed to continue we can recapture the activity of the early days of the league with radical new measures to bring together the activity of the league, and in turn restore some activity to the general assembly. Having not yet consulted my two deputies on this matter (RoryS and DayneD89), I am unwilling to make this an official statement on behalf of the league as a whole, and it is therefore more of personal plea from me in my position as president. Of course you are free to vote as you wish, however we would urge you to think long and hard, and to ensure you make the right decision.

Thank you, and should the suspension go ahead, we look forward to returing with fresh ideas to kickstart the league again.

Moleman1996

The Sultanate of Oman would welcome this conference particularly as the Sultanate is currently working on its own programs to further the rights of women.

The Sultanate has opposed the suspension of the Arab League.
I already voted against it anyway.

Sorry for inactivity lately, I'll be around more as soon as this essay is done.
Original post by DayneD89
I already voted against it anyway.

Sorry for inactivity lately

The irony in your vote and your following statement :fangs:
Reply 309
Original post by Moleman1996
Statment From The Office of The President

Countries of the Arab League. A vote has been called which could determine the very future of our organisation. It has been suggested that the blocs detract from the activity of the General Assembly and that both the EU and the AL should be suspended temporarily until activity improves. As president of the Arab League I would urge you to vehemently oppose this stance, and vote "things should remain as they are". Should you re-elect the current presidency team, we are working harder than ever and really feel that should the league be allowed to continue we can recapture the activity of the early days of the league with radical new measures to bring together the activity of the league, and in turn restore some activity to the general assembly. Having not yet consulted my two deputies on this matter (RoryS and DayneD89), I am unwilling to make this an official statement on behalf of the league as a whole, and it is therefore more of personal plea from me in my position as president. Of course you are free to vote as you wish, however we would urge you to think long and hard, and to ensure you make the right decision.

Thank you, and should the suspension go ahead, we look forward to returing with fresh ideas to kickstart the league again.

Moleman1996

I can't vote, because of my new position, but I'd love to keep the Arab League going as it's an influential part of the MUN.

If we manage to stay alive, I'll immediately make sure that Dayne, Moleman and myself set out a plan to develop the AL and get things done to make it a better and more lively place to be.

If we don't manage to stay open, then it's a fond farewell to the AL and I hope to reinstate it when things are more active. :biggrin:
The irony in your vote and your following statement :fangs:

xD I guess, but it won't take me 3 months to finish this essay and I still find time to vote and reply to quotes.
Well, I guess the League is defunct.
Reply 312
Original post by PierceBrosnan
Well, I guess the League is defunct.

It most certainly is :frown:

It will be back in three months I believe.
This bloc is now temporarily suspended following a vote.

Please contact Moleman1996 or DayneD89 for more information on the Arab League or to get involved with reforms.

Latest