kalker1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
So I have just had a conditional offer to study outdoor education in 2012, was wondering if anyone else has done/doing this course or thinking of doing this degree?
Any advice?!
losty123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not been given an offer yet Just have to have my college check my ucas stuff and hopefully I should be going there in september
dews1290
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Tim Stott is a legend!!!
gaffalynch
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The course is great, GET ON IT! I'm in first year now so it will be second of course when you start. its a good course and not to much work paired to friends on other courses so it works out great.
Goodluck and hopefully see you Sep 2012
LJ22
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey guys, I have an offer from LJMU to join the second years because I will have already completed a 2 year foundation degree.

Anyway it would be awesome to get to know/speak to any current outdoor ed first years!
dews1290
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LJ22)
Hey guys, I have an offer from LJMU to join the second years because I will have already completed a 2 year foundation degree.

Anyway it would be awesome to get to know/speak to any current outdoor ed first years!
they're all ***** don't do it to yourself you should have applied about 3 years ago !!!!
LJ22
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dews1290)
they're all ***** don't do it to yourself you should have applied about 3 years ago !!!!
Ha, are they really? :P I'm still working on inventing a time machine but I'm guessing you've just graduated then? If so then how was the course?
SophieC-M
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have got a conditional offer as well for the outdoor education course and I'm looking forward to it already Finally I will be in a group of like minded people my own age
Mark_Cookie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just applied myself, I'm classed as a mature student at 23 years old, and I'm waiting for the response. I know it's probably a bit late now and I'm getting a general vibe that the course is nothing short of brilliant but I was hoping to get peoples perspective on it.

I'm more of a mountain biker myself but the course overall is pretty much what I'd consider to be a great way of spending 3 years, and coming out (hopefully) the other side with a degree would be brilliant.

I agree Sophie would be great to find people who actually enjoy being outdoors as opposed to trying to drag unwilling friends out!

Does anyone know of the prospect of doing a sandwich year abroad?
Jakeey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Also set to study Outdoor Education. Can't wait until we start
Mattmuk96
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know this is an old thread but I'll ask anyway. I'm hoping to go to Uni next year to do Outdoor Leadership and it's between Ambleside and Liverpool. Both courses seem great and Liverpool has been recommended by my college tutors. But what do you guys do in your spare time as outdoorsy types. Ambleside obviously has the Lake District on its doorstep so there's no end of stuff to do but little night life. Whereas Liverpool is the opposite. Dont get me wrong I like to party but is the fact that there is no outdoor activities close by annoying as outdoor students?? Cheers for any help guys, Matt
LordTom
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hey guys. i got my offer a few months ago. cant wait to start. im a mature student as well as im 25...well 26 when we start.
where's everyone coming from. im from kent.
Mattmuk96
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Got my offer before Christmas. I'm 17, will be 18, and cannot wait!!! From North Yorkshire.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (523)
59.98%
Yes- I don't like it (44)
5.05%
No- I want it (246)
28.21%
No- I don't want it (59)
6.77%

Watched Threads

Latest