Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what do you think of this camera?

If you don't like it, or can think of a same sort of price, but better, camera then please suggest that instead!
    Alternatively, if you like it, let me know, and I'll buy it..as my old one broke

Id be using it for everyday pictures, at college, at clubs, at parties, but also really like photography so'd like it to be a really good picture/light quality in rooms where there isnt much light available (not just a FLASH *now all your skin tone is gone* either!!)..

This is £129..I could stretch to £200 but would reeally really rather not, as I'm taking it out of my University fund.

ReputationRep:
    try the ebuyer camera dept . www.ebuyer.com Get one from a reputable manufacturer, such as canon, and you could get a very good camera for that price.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers..
    So it'd be worth getting a camera like: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=75516 instead, as it's more expensive, less megapixels, but possibly a better brand and so have better other stuff Im not thinking of?

ReputationRep:
    thats an awesome camera, aside from the price which is over your budget! The IXUS range is all good, or a Fuji. I would stay away from the Sony's to be honest, they are over priced IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I wouldn't spend £130 on what essentially is a 'no-brand'. Go for a Canon or Fuji within your range. The spec of the Advent one is good - you want a good number of pixels (4MP or above) and some good optical zoom (at least 3x or more).

ReputationRep:
    we got a fuji which is really good and wasnt too expensive. Id try to stick wth a brand name as well.

ReputationRep:
    I'd spent a bit more and get this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...398298-1470802 - Pentax Optio S60.

ReputationRep:
    I have a Samsung Digimax A40. It has 3x optical zoom, 4.0 megapixels and video with sound. It was only something like $179, which is 75.8 pounds according to a currency converter. I also have a 1 GB memory card which was $100, 42 pounds.
    I wouldn't buy an Olympus as the memory cards for them are more expensive.

ReputationRep:
    8 megapixels is going to do sod all for you on a camera like that. 5mpix is plenty.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.