Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well good luck with that then! My offer's 4 As or 3 and an AEA distinction (yuck) so I'm taking all 3 science ones to be on the safe side!! The bio ones are quite funny. One had a comprehension about three toed giant sloths... then had a picture labelled 'three toed giant sloth'... just in case you wondered what that kangeroo was doing there.

ReputationRep:
    Had my first exam today...2.5 hours of history!!! argh!! Got another history tomorrow....2.5 hours to write essays this time argh!! hand hurts!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -x- Lici -x-)
    Had my first exam today...2.5 hours of history!!! argh!! Got another history tomorrow....2.5 hours to write essays this time argh!! hand hurts!!
    Wow already? How did it go?

My first exam is in 2 weeks (sort of prepared) but i feel so not ready for any of the other exams(excluding english), i am so scared as i havnt got that much time (after half term they start)

ReputationRep:
    SaccerZD, that's me that's me...
    College applied to: St Katz (got in at Robinson)
    Course: Law
    Conditions: AAA
    Deferred entry? Yes, but I didn't choose it - they told me!
    Nationality: English
    Where are you living right now: Whitwell
    A few details about yourself: Cricket, Rugby, Running, Reading, etc etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    I hope it went well! My first exam is a week today - crash Higher Physics, eep. AH Maths on the friday, Bio on the tuesday and Chem a week after that, so not too badly spaced out on the whole. How are everyone else's?

ReputationRep:
    Mine are weird, I have one two weeks today (stats), and then the rest are all in the last 2 weeks of June.

Edit: Oh, I have my chemistry practical 2 weeks tommorow

ReputationRep:
    I have similar exams to you, Aired.

Oop though, excitement - you know the ultra-cool CBBC show Serious Amazon, where they took 8 kids to the jungle? :yy: Well, my little sister got through to the next round for Serious Andes, the next series - she had a phone interview this evening. Granted, 600 people had them but 36,500 entered, so well done her! She finds out if she's one of 120 to get a face-to-face interview on the 16th...

ReputationRep:
    mine start on friday, AH english then ive got int 2 physics (the shame) a week today, bio on the 23rd and chembo on the 30th of may. so if it werent for physics id have a week between each! but nay alas. im one of the first in my year to start my exams and one of the last to finish. such is life. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    I hope it went well! My first exam is a week today - crash Higher Physics, eep. AH Maths on the friday, Bio on the tuesday and Chem a week after that, so not too badly spaced out on the whole. How are everyone else's?
    Tehe, snap. I'm planning on winging it for Physique though as I don't need a grade, and I'd really rather focus on maths.

My last day too today It was really fun though, we all got shipped off to go paintballing in the morning then the whole goodbyeee shirt-signing thingy this afternoon. I have a very tender bruise on my arm though Paintballs reeeeally hurt.

ReputationRep:
    I took most of my exams last week (oh, the crazy IB), have two tomorrow morning and one each next thursday and friday... then I'm done. How strange is that? But I'm starting to get a bit tense, I want to know my grades now, because I really don't think I have got what I need... (this is not even modesty - I couldn't answer half of the questions on the maths papers, which I need a good grade in because I need them in all subjects! ARGH) But I do get the results on July 5th, which is cool.

It was really weird, because only 20 of us finished college when we did, there was no real goodbye thing. Some of us went down the pub, that was about it! So I do feel quite sad that I missed out on all that.

ReputationRep:
    On a different note, omfg how nice has the weather been recently!!!! Although its so nice I dont want to work :p: , not that I did before

ReputationRep:
    Oh and shotgun the 2000th post

ReputationRep:
    Hey!! Yes the nice weather is making me lazy...um, lazier. 6 school days left now - woo! Got my little bag for the leavers' ball now so totally prepared. It's a shame the exams have to ruin the atmosphere! Mind you, the bar will be open, so most people will probably forget their own name, never mind that there are such things as exams, so all good.

ReputationRep:
    i wish i could just fast forward the next 7 weeks. i'm bored.

ReputationRep:
    But then that would give you less time to do your exams...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -x- Lici -x-)
    did anyone tell you that nearly all tripos exams are 3hrs? 2.5 is easy

A.

PS: tripos is easy too, just don't tell the first years :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    did anyone tell you that nearly all tripos exams are 3hrs? 2.5 is easy

A.

PS: tripos is easy too, just don't tell the first years :p:
    Now you are saying tripos is easy. Well... yeah, tripos is easy compared to almost everything else in life...

ReputationRep:
    - You can blag a History Tripos essay.

-You can't blag any form from teh Inland Revenue...

Proven!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    Wow already?
    Yeah already...had the 2.5 on the thurs (yesterday) and on wednesday (2 days ago) had 3 hours....ow my hand!! Hurt so much!! Wrote a stupid number of pages. Yeah i do IB history and A-level everything else hence why it was so early...i dont have any more until 17th June...so revision and lessons!!

Noooni, you'll do great! Don't worry!!

ReputationRep:
    9 hours worth of History prelims, followed by a handwritten essay...

My tip to all A-Levellers is buy a nice pen with an ergonomic grip or something, it soothes the pain a little!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.