Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Liz...only a few hours now!!

I have lessons until the 25th...but have finished history (had my exams too) so that feels weird. Yellow fever jab ooowwww...i hate injections, they had to give me a quick course last summer where i got Jap. Emphi type thing, Dengue Fever, Yellow fever, MMR, Tetanus, Typhoid and some other one in 4 weeks, bloody awful...i ended up in hospital suffering from Jap. Emp and Mumps because my immune system couldnt cope - so not happy!!

We dont really do any crazy stuff on our last day...the may ball we go all out and crazy...the general idea is 3 days sans sleep! Not sure i;ll hack it as i was at the airport until 3am picking up friends...lol....wish me luck!

ReputationRep:
    Loocy: please tell me you found maths a living nightmare as well as Duke Flipside and I, and all of our AH maths class? What a bloody joke - lets hear it for the SQA and their exemplary exam consistency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    Loocy: please tell me you found maths a living nightmare as well as Duke Flipside and I, and all of our AH maths class? What a bloody joke - lets hear it for the SQA and their exemplary exam consistency.

Yes The proof questions were disgusting and horrible and appalling. And, eh, sequences and series? I mean... my 'expression' for the sum to n terms was the longest, stupidest looking thing I've ever seen, and I've just realised I somehow managed to get the formula for the sum to infinity wrong for the last part.

The one I DID like was the last question, as it was a 'show that this equals this' one so I know I got it right. But it was just so unlike past papers it was silly. And I had the pleasure on leaving the exam of being explained to by a guy in my class about all the questions I got wrong. Bah.

ReputationRep:
    Yay, 'twasn't only us who hated it. Lousy SQA/singing people/useless teacher/invigilator, why I oughta...

ReputationRep:
    I left the label on the bottle of water I took into an exam with me yesterday. One of the invigilators looked at me like I'd murdered somebody when he saw it and went on to attack it with a pair of scissors.

I'm sure you all did OK in your maths exam. I always come out of them thinking I've failed if that's any consolation... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Flipside)
    Yay, 'twasn't only us who hated it. Lousy SQA/singing people/useless teacher/invigilator, why I oughta...

Singing people? You were serenaded?

There were a crowd of second years apparently having a fight outside the exam room door about half an hour in, which was great. One of them kept shouting rape and then laughing like it was the funniest thing he'd ever said. Hilarious stuff, right there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aired)
    I left the label on the bottle of water I took into an exam with me yesterday. One of the invigilators looked at me like I'd murdered somebody when he saw it and went on to attack it with a pair of scissors.

I'm sure you all did OK in your maths exam. I always come out of them thinking I've failed if that's any consolation... :rolleyes:
    I've never taken the label off my bottles of water, without incident :confused:

ReputationRep:
    poor u guys. it sounds icky. if its any consolation my advcer friends at school thought it was a nasty piece of work as well. they'll lower a marks and pass marks and the such tho if everyone has done badly. and to echo what aired said i am always perpetually convinced ive failed an exam when i come out of it. im becoming more and more concerned about ye olde adv higher bio and chem tho since adv english was a beast, music apparently was hard and maths clearly was evil. je suis concerned that all of the advanced highers aare going to be very and extremely difficult. hmm.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you all did better than you think with maths, but we've descended into exam gloom again! Anyone doing anything exciting (i.e. anything but revision!)? Our leavers' ball was last night and was fab:
    Dancing biology teacher: "Sarah!"
    Me: "What?"
    Dancing biology teacher: "Biology rocks!" *swivels and points fingers like Elvis*

ReputationRep:
    Pick me Pick me, i did soemthing exciting!

Just got back from a mates 18th, so am trying to post as coherently (wooo big word) as possible. Was good fun, somehow ended up playing snooker at 1am, not sure how or why but was fun! :p:

Anyhu not really sre why Im on TSR but it seemed better than sleep and there's only some crappy war film on, that one called something with eagles.

ReputationRep:
    My exams are finished! Finally.

But the IBO screwed up royally. We're supposed to get a periodic table with paper 1 of chemistry and they forgot to put it in...Ah, the things that can go wrong, eh?

Good luck to everyone still sitting exams. I'm off to Eastern Europe for three weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Love/hate relationship with May....
    Love: THE MOVIES. OMG X-Men 3!!!!!! My inner geek is just waiting to bloom.
    Hate: The exams. Pah.

ReputationRep:
    Stats I tommorow, uh oh...

I'm hoping to get a decent mark so I can fail C4 and still get an A overall, but the crappy thing about stats is that if you mess up the first part of a question, the rest of it will all be wrong...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aired)

I'm hoping to get a decent mark so I can fail C4 and still get an A overall, but the crappy thing about stats is that if you mess up the first part of a question, the rest of it will all be wrong...
    Don't you get carried errors or whatever, i.e. if your working's right, but you used a wrong value from a previous q., you still get the majority of the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aired)

Wahey, me too. I always get probability questions wrong, which is unfortunate. I need an average of about 65% in my remaining 3 modules, so the more marks I can pick up, the closer to 50% I can be in C3 and C4

ReputationRep:
    First proper exam tomorrow PHY 5 practical, What fun!!!!

Will report back!

ReputationRep:
    I've got physics prac tomorrow am and stats in the pm. erg Aired - ditto with the failing of C4.

ReputationRep:
    wow the joy of practicals. still teachers tend to give lovly hints about hte paper before. i really hate vectors, thats my major downfall mathswise, i think they're silly

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

ReputationRep:
    hmm *yawn*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.