The Student Room Group

Successful Cambridge Applicants Chat - 2006

Scroll to see replies

friendlyneutron
:eek::eek: MY KITTY!

edit: you're beating up one of your own, potter. My cat has black fur and green eyes like HP himself (though hair, not fur). How very dare you.

You should buy him mini round glasses. awww that would look so cute.:marchmell Then take a picture and show us!
I'm so tempted nooni! Although the last time I bought him clothing he wasn't very impressed. It was a mini knitted jumper with bobbles on it. Tried to commit suicide by falling off the unit.
Reply 2442
^It was a bluff. Cats always land on their feet.
Unless you strap a slice of buttered toast to its back, butter side up. Then it just spins in mid-air forever.

Is anyone else addicted to Deal or No Deal?
Reply 2444
oh no not deal or no deal... i hate it really, its a box and like whooo
but if i do watch it at somebody elses house i just cant help but to watch and laugh the way the all hold hands, chant names and like mr blobby rings on the fone..
Reply 2445
friendlyneutron
Unless you strap a slice of buttered toast to its back, butter side up. Then it just spins in mid-air forever.

hahahahahaha
What's the deal* with Deal or No Deal? I keep hearing about this programme, but my knowledge of it is similar in magnitude to JD's of jigglyball (before he played it, that is...)

Liz150888
dyu HSOG peeps still have to go to school??

Yuppi. Ish. No classes or anything obviously, just fun stuff. And less-fun stuff. And the prom, and prizegiving etc.
I feel kinda committed to doing most of it though, even though there's little they can do to stop us turning up. I've been at HSOG for 14 years now! Can't quit afore the end...

parsleythelion
I swear I've never heard a Scottish person say 'och' - do you actually say it???? :eek:

I say "ach" quite a lot, as in a sound of disappointment, but that's it (though I have been known to say "aye" on occasion, usually immediately followed by "What's all this?"...)

*See what I did there?
hehe friendlyneutron i saw in Accessorise they were selling dog cloths, but I can never subject my dogs to anything like that! Anyway their furry enough-don’t need cloths. Not to say i am not willing to experiment with some sunglasses and a camera..:rolleyes:

friendlyneutron

Is anyone else addicted to Deal or No Deal?

meh, i watch it with my mum sometimes, when i watch an episode i usualy have to finish it, but i am not addicted so to speak:p: Although i bet i would watch it more if they took away the fake drama of the banker and that stupid phone. Oh and if noel edmond didnt annoy me so much...
tctc
oh no not deal or no deal... i hate it really, its a box and like whooo
but if i do watch it at somebody elses house i just cant help but to watch and laugh the way the all hold hands, chant names and like mr blobby rings on the fone..

haha yeah. And how they act like they'r all best mates, 'Good luck Mark, this is for you'- shut the hell up, your only openning a box!
I love Deal or no deal...I agree that holding hands is taking it a bit far though.
yeah neutron, raging at old headie. i really hate people who think u cant leave scotland or ull die etc. there are only three people in my year (of 200)who arent going to glasgow/strathclyde/caledonian universities. i think thats quite sad, tbh. luckily my current headmaster is really good and helped me a lot with cambridge, wouldnt have got an offer if it wasnt for him i dont think!

deal or no deal reminds me of camb! i watched it after my girton interviews! dont understand it tho :rolleyes:

ahh HSOG school doesnt sound too bad. least uve not been replaced by the fifth years as we have who r already prancing about like the own the joint. we already had what it sounds like ur getting- ie amusing talks on finance, "relationships", and we had some on bioethics, abortion, euthanasia (oh SO BORING....a priest did that one and we wondered if we took his collar out he'd lose power and stop talking).

i wish i could buy my cat clothes but she suffers from obesity and if we put a collar on her she growls and crawls around the floor until we take it off. *sigh* wis i had a proper cat.
Reply 2451
Liz150888
yeah neutron, raging at old headie. i really hate people who think u cant leave scotland or ull die etc. there are only three people in my year (of 200)who arent going to glasgow/strathclyde/caledonian universities. i think thats quite sad, tbh. luckily my current headmaster is really good and helped me a lot with cambridge, wouldnt have got an offer if it wasnt for him i dont think!

deal or no deal reminds me of camb! i watched it after my girton interviews! dont understand it tho :rolleyes:

ahh HSOG school doesnt sound too bad. least uve not been replaced by the fifth years as we have who r already prancing about like the own the joint. we already had what it sounds like ur getting- ie amusing talks on finance, "relationships", and we had some on bioethics, abortion, euthanasia (oh SO BORING....a priest did that one and we wondered if we took his collar out he'd lose power and stop talking).

i wish i could buy my cat clothes but she suffers from obesity and if we put a collar on her she growls and crawls around the floor until we take it off. *sigh* wis i had a proper cat.

Did you watch braveheart?!!
Reply 2452
I think deal or no deal is really cheesy, and really just based on luck, theres hardly any skill involved
Reply 2453
I find it hilarious when the person opening the box seems to think that they know what's inside it. Especially funny when they give advice based on it and it's wrong. :rofl:
YYYY
I find it hilarious when the person opening the box seems to think that they know what's inside it. Especially funny when they give advice based on it and it's wrong. :rofl:

I bloody love it when that happens.
rpotter
Did you watch braveheart?!!

my fav qute from braveheart is "the problem with scotland is that its full of scots" ha ha:rolleyes:

right im watching deal or no deal now. is it on again on monday? when i watched the beginning today i well loved it when mark got picked they're all going "go mark! go mark! yeah!!!" and then one went " hes the nicest man ive ever met in my life!" when we all know fine well they're RAGING they werent picked. to top it theres noel: " the most important thing in this game is attitude" naw mate the most important thing is knowing how to pull the tape off the boxes.
Reply 2456
Liz150888
my fav qute from braveheart is "the problem with scotland is that its full of scots" ha ha:rolleyes:

right im watching deal or no deal now. is it on again on monday? when i watched the beginning today i well loved it when mark got picked they're all going "go mark! go mark! yeah!!!" and then one went " hes the nicest man ive ever met in my life!" when we all know fine well they're RAGING they werent picked. to top it theres noel: " the most important thing in this game is attitude" naw mate the most important thing is knowing how to pull the tape off the boxes.

Don't forget knowing how to hold hands with the person next to you. Tis an imperative skill.

Two more posts to get to the 100th page!
YYYY
Don't forget knowing how to hold hands with the person next to you. Tis an imperative skill.

Two more posts to get to the 100th page!

one more post:p:
Reply 2458
Voila! 100 pages. :party:
Reply 2459
e^ipi more posts!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending