Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My brain has gone numb. It's not good.

EDIT: I so wanted to see the RSC version! It looked amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    Have you ever seen the bbc cartoon version!? Disgusting, they show January looking pretty excited and they make comment about them staying up all night, then they show May looking like she is going to be sick. Its not nice.
    I think we were shown them at the end of last academic year (end of ASs), but not The Merchant's Tale. He takes so many aphrodisiacs and reads sex manuals and sings with joy after...yeah well, it would make anyone feel sick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    It's Loocy withdrawals, now you're back everyone'll start talking about chess and what to bring to uni, instead of sex, alcohol and custard creams. How was your wee trip? x
    Trés bon! Sunbathing, listening to music in the garden... bliss. But then two solid nights of heavy boozing have done awful things to me, I'm sure. We invented a new drinking game based around Monopoly which causes pure carnage. High point was, I think, eating haggis at three in the morning accompanied by a glass of (wait for it) Morgan spiced, vodka, white wine and lemonade. Urrrrr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazynutter)
    College applied to: Pembroke
    Course: Engineering
    Conditions: AAAB, A - Maths, F. Maths, Physics. B in Chemistry
    Deferred entry? Yup, will be joining you after working for a year, see you in '07 (hopefully)
    Nationality: ENGLISH
    Where are you living right now: London
    A few details about yourself: I'm a girl, love sports, and hard maths that makes my brain hurt.

I have my first exams on thursday, so have kind of started revising, haven't really ever had to revise before in my life, so I don't really know what I'm meant to be doing, and i know i should have started yonks ago.
    YAY another deferrer. I was getting so lonely. I'm now really wishing I could just go to uni in October, but alas. A year of working instead.

ReputationRep:
    I remember we watched some really weird video on Chaucer at college. Where some guy decided he wanted to go to a school to learn how to read Chaucer... it's BIZARRE. He took exams and everyone was dressed in Medieval costume and...

One of the oddest English lessons I had all year.

ReputationRep:
    Gap years are great. Trust me. I never asked for one, I wasn't sure what to do at first... but it has been amazing.

Ok, my brain is now dead and I miss all my friends who are off at uni, but still a great, great year. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise! My friends can be a bit patronising sometimes - 'You'll understand when you're at uni...' - but they don't get that I appreciate uni so much more for having this year out.

Enjoy it! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

ReputationRep:
    Not all gap years are great, I've spent mine at school doing an extra A level which I should have taken in the first place. But then, most people use their gap years in a much more fun way. I'm not bitter at all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm working until the beginning of next year then going off to India So it is going to be good, I think it's just the living with the 'rents for another year that's getting me. Most of my friends are taking one too, so I'm not going to be lonely. At least I get to tease all you lot in a few months when you're all hard at work and I'm permenantly asleep, woooo.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that. But at least it's been productive, eh?

Maybe I was generalising a little when i said that all gap years are great. I was just happily surprised! I've pretty muched worked all year, apart from two months in Italy.. so mine hasn't been as exciting as some. Everyone seems to expect me to have travelled the world as soon as I mention my gap year.

But... you can still have a lot of fun and learn loads, no matter what you're doing.

Apagg, I'm sure you've had some great times in the last year! I hope it hasn't been all bad.

ReputationRep:
    Apagg - At the risk of rpotter's wroth - how's C4 doing? You said you are getting 60-70% and that worried you, but I've been talking to people and that seems to be OK actually! One girl said she tried a timed paper and got about 35! Chill :cool:

Our English teacher at GCSE was reading Hamlet and pointed out that Hamlet says 'country matters' meaning it to be rude. Everyone just stared at her blankly, so she had to repeat it with emphasis on certain parts of the phrase... which led to a couple of 'oooh' noises...but mostly still blank stares and 'what?' whispering! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, Loocy, India sounds fantastic...
    Glad you've got friends on gap years too. I was the only one, so it has been pretty isolating at times. But I've always had a floor to kip on in various parts of the country!!

Don't worry about living at home. With friends at different unis, you can always go and visit them if it gets too much.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully it will be fantastic Weird thinking that this time next year I'll be wrapping up my time there, it's quite surreal. When I told my now ex biology teacher that I was going to be teaching he laughed for a long time... maybe not a good omen...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahliz12345)
    Apagg - At the risk of rpotter's wroth - how's C4 doing? You said you are getting 60-70% and that worried you, but I've been talking to people and that seems to be OK actually! One girl said she tried a timed paper and got about 35! Chill :cool:
    I haven't tried any more papers yet, I've been working my way through the integration chapter of the C4 text, as this seems to be my downfall atm. It's going alright, though I'm sure paper questions on integration are going to be far harder.
    There's a chance I might already have an A from my other modules, (according to papers done by teachers) but I don't want to chance it. Plus, it galls me when I get a "bad" mark.

How're you finding it?

ReputationRep:
    What are you teaching?

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably be a classroom assistant in a primary school, so it'll be anything and everything really. Just depends on what the school needs when they get there and what I can do! Teaching English will probably be a big part of it though, I would guess.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer C4 to C3 a lot. I like algebra (I know...) but hate trigonometry. S1 was a bit more evil than past papers led me to believe though - so I'll be a bit nervy about C4 'till it's done!

ReputationRep:
    Wow. That sounds really really good. Good luck with it all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahliz12345)
    I prefer C4 to C3 a lot. I like algebra (I know...) but hate trigonometry. S1 was a bit more evil than past papers led me to believe though - so I'll be a bit nervy about C4 'till it's done!
    I think everyone in my class prefers C3 to C4. Calculus is and forever will be the bane of my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    I think everyone in my class prefers C3 to C4. Calculus is and forever will be the bane of my life.
    But vectors rock! *hides from missiles*

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't C4 have that stupid stupid comprehension paper??? The most pointless thing in the world?!?

Grr... bad maths memories.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.