The Student Room Group

Successful Cambridge Applicants Chat - 2006

Scroll to see replies

uz_master
lol hes not a titled player, but at our mdest club he's considered the best (now and then GM aaron summerscale comes to our club, but he's not a regular)

I think our 'best player' is officially 200 bcf, so i should give him a good game because ive held my own against players with such grades (im BCF 154 - if any of this makes semnse to you!)

to answer your question, I think hes about 40!

God, you'rer higher rated than Blirith! TSR is full of well-hidden chess talents.
My town doesn't have a chess club lol....more vitally it doesn't have a scrabble club :frown:
Reply 2942
KAISER_MOLE
My town doesn't have a chess club lol....more vitally it doesn't have a scrabble club :frown:

:eek::eek: What kind of godforsaken town do you live in?!?!

:p:
KAISER_MOLE

I play on the net. I'm marginally better than you're average punter. If by your average punter you mean someone who knows the rules but has no real idea how to win.
friendlyneutron

You can really tell that Liz and I have finished our exams; nothing to do, much? Le sigh.

lol! i started to feel really guilty for being on the net so long last night and then i remembered i don't have any more exams. its weird. i started learning some kinyarwandan today tho, so my life has gained a sense of normality now im learning seven words a day:rolleyes:
Oh aye, where do you play wanderer, used to play a bit on chessworld.net , not huge amounts though. Am playing online scrabble at the moment, have a blank but also iiiu, which sucks :p:
Reply 2946
i play my chess on www.kurnik.org - its free and full of easter european players... lets admit it they are the best!
Reply 2947
eastern!
Reply 2948
Ill try that later :p:, i admit though im crap on a computer the layout of the screen confuses me... i cant see all the moves i would as if i am over the chessboard
Reply 2949
yea i get that too
Reply 2950
its cause we rule :p:
I'm away on hollybags for a few days, so bye! *waves* If people have exams then, as always, I hope they go well. T'ra! xx
Reply 2952
thank you! have fun :smile:
Hope you have a great time!!
bye laura! lucky u! hope u have good banter :smile:
Reply 2955
Ahhhh chess! Worse than maths :wink: :p:

Bye bye friendlyneutron!

Anyways I better go to bed, got four exams tomorrow :frown:
i want a new throat. mine i killing me :frown:

good luck rpotter. four exams. ick.
Liz150888
i want a new throat. mine i killing me :frown:

:frown: I hate getting a soar throat, it must be worse when its hot though- having to drink hot drinks all the time and all.
Hope you feel better soon.
Reply 2958
Strepsils doused in TCP
its the way forward, and a few shots of vodka..
I just sat the worse exam i have ever (first time i ever cried after an exam). To be honest it was an easy paper compared to last years- but i am stupid like that.
Im now 100% i have missed my offer and i still have 4 more exams that i can potentialy mess up further....yay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending