Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    Are we the only school that calls it a May Ball and not a prom? Americanisms have yet to reach us!

I am now officially on holiday. The 5 exams next week are merely a minor discrepancy, as I've decided not to revise for them. Well, I'll do a STEP III mock at the weekend. But nothing else.
    I'm with you on the whole not revising thing, I just ell myself revising is cheating :p:.

Although, all of my friends are revising, which makes not revising really boring!

At my school its called the leavers ball, and its exactly two weeks today!

Exams are almost over now, just the one to go!

Oh and sorry for the drunken posting last night

ReputationRep:
    Are we the only school that calls it a May Ball and not a prom? Americanisms have yet to reach us!

We call it a May Ball - none of that prom nonsense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    hehe noo! I wish i was doing that paper, sounds intersting. :p:
    really?? which sociology board are you doing?? we had AQA doing religion and the crime and deviance

ReputationRep:

I am now officially on holiday. The 5 exams next week are merely a minor discrepancy, as I've decided not to revise for them. Well, I'll do a STEP III mock at the weekend. But nothing else.
    I never thought i'd see those bolded above in the same paragraph. Ever. STEP II and III are the biggest exams of my life! Im scared!

Thanks nooni for the luck! It went ok, though i had a massive head rush afterwards, ive been diagnosed with suspected inflammatory bowel disease, lots of internal bleeding etc, so blood sugar levels are reallllly low!

anyway, bet get outta here

C yas! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -x- Lici -x-)
    really?? which sociology board are you doing?? we had AQA doing religion and the crime and deviance
    hehe, i dont do sociology :p: I meant it sounds more interesting than the biology paper i had to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uz_master)
    I never thought i'd see those bolded above in the same paragraph. Ever. STEP II and III are the biggest exams of my life! Im scared!

Thanks nooni for the luck! It went ok, though i had a massive head rush afterwards, ive been diagnosed with suspected inflammatory bowel disease, lots of internal bleeding etc, so blood sugar levels are reallllly low!

C yas! x
    ouch?! Really?? Sounds really nasty - well internal bleeding wouldnt exactly be a picnic...

hope it sorts itself out soon...

ReputationRep:
    We call it a May Ball - none of that prom nonsense
    But whys it called may ball?! its in bloody june! Alot more illogical than prom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    hehe, i dont do sociology :p: I meant it sounds more interesting than the biology paper i had to do.
    So sorry *feels like a dunce* ....probably assumed SPS...must be doing sociology sorry!!

Well yeah - if im honest i think it probably is!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! (sorry for my previous post, seems rather harsh now!)

ReputationRep:
    But whys it called may ball?! its in bloody june! Alot more illogical than prom
    Because ours is held in may.....may 20th this year... :p:

dont worry about it....everything i said still stands!!

ReputationRep:

C yas! x
    Ouch, hope your feeling better.

----------
    Your all so lucky to have leaving ball/proms we dont have anything like that at 6th form. Ah well uni should make a difference. Anyway going out now, so bye people.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with STEP you two, must be horrible having requirements other than your a-level grades

ReputationRep:
    Because ours is held in may.....may 20th this year... :p:

dont worry about it....everything i said still stands!!
    fair enough! thanks again food time! good luck everyone (although sounds like most of the scotts are finished )

ReputationRep:
    lucky scots...lol... in fact lucky all IBers too....

grrr....oh, this time last year, we were all considering our colleges, which course, cam or ox (dare i suggest we wernt all committed to cam since our births) - worrying about BMATs...law tests....AS's....year 13...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aired)
    Good luck with STEP you two, must be horrible having requirements other than your a-level grades
    you got that right, i only have IB diploma requirements and theyre killing me already .. i hope i make it

ReputationRep:
    Friendlyneutron: I had a dream last night that you came to my house. I knew it was you because you were wearing a T-shirt with your Pingu avatar on it. But it was very embarrassing because in an unrelated incident my sister had gone a bit crazy and become a pyromaniac, and I was having to rush around trying to stop her from setting light to us. :eek:

Conclusion 1: too much time spent on TSR.
    Conclusion 2: these exams are making me over-tired.

ReputationRep:
    them dreams are nearly as trippy as mine... add a choclate factory, an ex with an axe and success in burning down the house and it would be like the dream i had a couple nights back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parsleythelion)
    Conclusion 1: too much time spent on TSR.
    Conclusion 2: these exams are making me over-tired.
    conclusion 3: when they offer you pink M&Ms by the side of the street, remember that M&Ms are only brown, green, yellow, blue or red.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pho∑nix)
    conclusion 3: when they offer you pink M&Ms by the side of the street, remember that M&Ms are only brown, green, yellow, blue or red.
    :eek: ive had pink m n ms :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tctc)
    :eek: ive had pink m n ms :cool:
    :banghead: and i thought us cambridge students would be a little more street smart...

but hey, maybe they werent drugs they were trying to sell you, maybe it was just a red m n ms that spent a good 30 seconds in the mouth of a tramp

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.