Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tctc)
    yates :p:
    ours is a bit gay!
    wetherspoons is like a franchise our wetherspoons is called the bolebridge
    i only like kronenberg and budwieser beer, and stella if i have too..
    i prefer spirits and wine.. not too keen on white though
    Ahh I love dry white!! I dont mind red, but white is my preference!! Otherwise its something really girly like Archers and Lemon.
    Yeh, I think our Wetherspoons is called the Sir Robert Peel..... infct i'm pretty sure thats what it is now!
    Yup, our Yates is too! but what can you do eh? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie_J)
    Ahh I love dry white!! I dont mind red, but white is my preference!! Otherwise its something really girly like Archers and Lemon.
    Yeh, I think our Wetherspoons is called the Sir Robert Peel..... infct i'm pretty sure thats what it is now!
    Yup, our Yates is too! but what can you do eh? lol
    We have a Sir Robert Peel, cause he came from our town...

Archers... the fake schnaps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiki)
    Schnapps is a type of distilled beverage. The word Schnapps is derived from the German word Schnaps and refers to usually clear alcoholic beverages distilled from fermented cereals, roots or fruits, including cherries (Kirschwasser), apples, pears, peaches, plums and apricots. Often, the base material for making schnapps is the pulp that is a by-product in juice production. True Schnapps has no sugar or flavoring added.

Schnapps is similar in flavor and consistency to vodka, with light fruit flavors, depending on the base material. The alcohol content is usually around 40% by volume.

Many liquors, such as peach schnapps and butterscotch schnapps, do not actually meet the strict definition of schnapps. They can be the result of differing processes that do not involve direct fermentation. Some of these use a primary alcohol, such as schnapps, vodka or rum, to extract flavors out of fruit. Often, additional ingredients are added, most commonly sugar.

Because of the wide variety of Schnapps (or Schnapps-imitative) flavours available, it has been spoofed in several ways. In an episode of the program South Park, a fictional flavor called "S'more Schnapps" is released; and in the film Little Nicky one of the characters shows a penchant for Peppermint Schnapps. The 1984 snap election in New Zealand was dubbed the 'schnapps election' by Tom Scott, in reference to Prime Minister Robert Muldoon calling the aforementioned election while he was drunk.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schnapps"
    hhaha imma geek

ReputationRep:
    tctc - you're taking maths b?!!! Rather you than me! Yes it is strange about the physics, but sounds interesting.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, well i want to do physics in the long run so i think tis best..
    yeh in bio i was best at that or cell biology, couldnt do ecology to save the environemnt

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see. Physics is OK, I just sometimes get annoyed when I think he's making it up (like with a lot of stuff about space)! I love bio, and sometimes I like chem, but it's hard. Did the physics AEA today - 'your friend is a race horse manager, write a short article explaining how exponential function can be used to predict how many horses will finish the Grand National'. Riiight. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tctc)
    We have a Sir Robert Peel, cause he came from our town...

Archers... the fake schnaps
    He was born in Bury... thats where i'm from!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahliz12345)
    Ah I see. Physics is OK, I just sometimes get annoyed when I think he's making it up (like with a lot of stuff about space)! I love bio, and sometimes I like chem, but it's hard. Did the physics AEA today - 'your friend is a race horse manager, write a short article explaining how exponential function can be used to predict how many horses will finish the Grand National'. Riiight. :p:
    Number 6valdver! that horsey won me lots of money...
    it was yellow paper and i hate resistors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie_J)
    He was born in Bury... thats where i'm from!
    ah my mistake... i think he died here or something
    "He later served as MP for Tamworth from 1830 until his death. His home was Drayton Manor"

ReputationRep:
    Ugh why oh why did I *ever* start drinking alcohol? *feels sick*

ReputationRep:
    drink more
    im on the last drop of my bottle of wine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    Ugh why oh why did I *ever* start drinking alcohol? *feels sick*
    Because you love it really I went to a party last night and didn't get drunk, shocker... although it was full of people I didn't know at all Met someone who got an offer from Gonville and Caius for maths though, I have no idea why he was at a party the night before STEP 2... he seemed really really confident about getting a 1 in it, though. He was still there at half 12 when I went home..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffin Man)
    [whisper]
    Word on the street is that the second half of Q8 used induction. I thought about it but didnt think it suitable so didnt do any proof.
    [/whisper]
    Yea, i realised it when i was trying to get to sleep yesterday... damn! I did that que right at the end, i had like 20mins left, and my "proof" was a bit bad, tbh. Im sure if i had more time i wouldve found it at the time. Just consider the polyomial as a sigma function, how could i miss that!

O well, STEP II was alot more promising did 2 ques fully, then 2 of them were almost completely there, then another half done, then another one, which was a fiasco! hopefully i got my 1 im banking on magdalene letting me in with a 1:2, my offers 1:1

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm still a little drunk from that party...Can't remember anything after 11pm (Jagermeister O'Clock) except for being helped to a bed around 3...But if the odd scratches are to be believed, KOing on gravel ain't such a good idea :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Flipside)
    I think I'm still a little drunk from that party...Can't remember anything after 11pm (Jagermeister O'Clock) except for being helped to a bed around 3...But if the odd scratches are to be believed, KOing on gravel ain't such a good idea :confused:
    You do realise you gravelled yourself, right? And that Jagermeister was rank. It makes you wander off into fields with school captains, oops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    You do realise you gravelled yourself, right? And that Jagermeister was rank. It makes you wander off into fields with school captains, oops
    How very drole :p:
    And it's not the Jagermeister's fault you were a naughty girl or I can't remember anything, it's our fault for drinking it...leave the defenceless spirit out of this!
    Also I'm fairly sure the entire bottle of wine and the entire bottle of apple sourz had something to do with it, in my case at least...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uz_master)
    Yea, i realised it when i was trying to get to sleep yesterday... damn! I did that que right at the end, i had like 20mins left, and my "proof" was a bit bad, tbh. Im sure if i had more time i wouldve found it at the time. Just consider the polyomial as a sigma function, how could i miss that!

O well, STEP II was alot more promising did 2 ques fully, then 2 of them were almost completely there, then another half done, then another one, which was a fiasco! hopefully i got my 1 im banking on magdalene letting me in with a 1:2, my offers 1:1
    Sounds good. My II had a similar story. I did three full, but turns out I did part of one slightly wrong :rolleyes:. Tried all 8 pure. Didn't get much for a couple of the questions though, while the rest I had a decent stab at. Hopefully I can collect enough marks here and there to get a 1.

ReputationRep:
    well how did everything do in todays step 2? i did a bit better than three..but only managed 2 a bit...mmmm not very hopeful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffin Man)
    Sounds good. My II had a similar story. I did three full, but turns out I did part of one slightly wrong :rolleyes:. Tried all 8 pure. Didn't get much for a couple of the questions though, while the rest I had a decent stab at. Hopefully I can collect enough marks here and there to get a 1.
    yea, lets hope! im hoping that if i get a 1:2 they'll let me in, particularly as i havent been well at all recently. But you never know! STEP III probs went worse than i can imagine, which is annoying... anyway, school's out! forever! let summer reign!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uz_master)
    anyway, school's out! forever! let summer reign!
    *sings badly* "Schooool's out for summer..dum dum dum... schooool's out for ever...dum dum dum"
    *accepts applause*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.