Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We were allowed water bottles so long as they didn't have labels and were kept under the desks.

ReputationRep:
    Hello people! Anyone coming to Clare (results permitting!) in October? I ask this because we get college kids, and I'm wondering if it might be any of you. If you do Classics or History, you may have meas your Dad... mwahaha!

ReputationRep:
    nooo
    but if your generous can you be my honary dad...

ReputationRep:
    :eek: You all go to barbaric schools! We were told to bring a drink to any exam longer than an hour- which really is all exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dewdrop)
    Ok well thats even worse, especially if you had an exam on one of those awful days like June 12th...

Haha, oh the beauteous nature of AEA's, for my english one they forgot to give us the questions, so within 2 minutes everyone in the exam room had their hand up, the woman looked terrified that this was some sort of rebellion to 'break the system'
    I cant remember that far back....

oooh we had the year 11s leaving, so near enough every exam a fire alarm was set off (ah the chavvy scum-dont you just loathe them ) so we had to sit still in silence for x minutes and then have x minutes added at the end. And somebody tried to brick a window in the exam room...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    :eek: You all go to barbaric schools! We were told to bring a drink to any exam longer than an hour- which really is all exams
    noooni you should know by now, i live in a waste land, plagued by barabaric and dastadly attacks, where no man is safe to leave their humble adobe without the fear of presecution. To step through the front door and enter outside is to invite suffering and pain into your life.

Ok maybe its not that bad

ReputationRep:
    I'm entering this convo pretty late on so hopefully this will make sense!
    Tesco Finest Choc Chip Cookies are a MUST - gorgeous squidgy things
    Yes I have had a triple chocolate muffin. They are equally heavenly

Water in Exams? we were allowed any sort of drink, infact it was recommended! Although with that the obvious drawback is needing a loo break inbetween papers. Invigilators didnt take to kindly to that! I remember when we did our GCSEs at my old school you were allowed to eat anything in your exam! One chav decided that a McDonalds would be a good idea.....

ReputationRep:
    i bow down to your school *bows down*

oh crap ive lost my plectrum that i only just brought today...
    roar

ReputationRep:
    For my 2 STEP exams, I was provided with a Cup of Coffee and a Flapjack, can't complain really

ReputationRep:
    Tis a day etched in my memory, nasty exams..

Don't you just love the regulations regarding fires, (or at least the ones that we were told related to us) that if there's an alarm we just carry on, it always sounds so heartless when our exam officer tells us. Especially because at my school it would only go off during an exam for a real fire!

well we had a nice lil break for 5 minutes, but was in silence, so i just drew the taj mahal on my table, my artistic skills are about as good as a dog singing ava maria.... and then 5 minutes extra at the end...
    This one girl i know had 4 fire alarms in one exam, then they decided to turn the alarm system off...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tctc)
    noooni you should know by now, i live in a waste land, plagued by barabaric and dastadly attacks, where no man is safe to leave their humble adobe without the fear of presecution. To step through the front door and enter outside is to invite suffering and pain into your life.

Ok maybe its not that bad
    Drama queen :p:

Your schools probably just followed the rules, whereas my school doesnt go by the rules :cool: (only cause its rubbish) we were allowed drinks/food/pencil cases on desks.... most of the teachers were leaving this year so didnt bother watching the exams. We had to sit our exams with the gcse year becuase there are so few of us, and in the geography gcse exam the teacher went around pointing at the wrong answers:eek: A boy in my maths A-level class wrote some formulas on his hand and no one noticed! (although he was stupid and could have rearranged some stuff from the formula book to get the ones he risked his exam for)

sorry tctc my language isnt as poetic as yours:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAISER_MOLE)
    For my 2 STEP exams, I was provided with a Cup of Coffee and a Flapjack, can't complain really
    i can i dont like coffee :p:

i only ever drank it once, half 8 in the head masters office discussing fractals and differential equations... and the riemann hypothesis. I was like im going to fall asleep, so he made me a cup

ReputationRep:

Your schools probably just followed the rules, whereas my school doesnt go by the rules :cool: (only cause its rubbish) we were allowed drinks/food/pencil cases on desks.... most of the teachers were leaving this year so didnt bother watching the exams. We had to sit our exams with the gcse year becuase there are so few of us, and in the geography gcse exam the teacher went around pointing at the wrong answers:eek: A boy in my maths A-level class wrote some formulas on his hand and no one noticed! (although he was stupid and could have rearranged some stuff from the formula book to get the ones he risked his exam for)

sorry tctc my language isnt as poetic as yours:p:
    when we do exams in the hall we have like 8 exams going on at once... i had that when i was alone doing mechanics 3, at the back, couldnt see the back... and finished and hour early after rushing so was all scruffy.

ReputationRep:

Your schools probably just followed the rules, whereas my school doesnt go by the rules :cool: (only cause its rubbish) we were allowed drinks/food/pencil cases on desks.... most of the teachers were leaving this year so didnt bother watching the exams.

Come to think of it, Exam practice during our GCSEs was pretty dodgy.... i remember we were inadvertently awarded about 15minutes extra time in our Biology exam because one teacher had decided to plait anothers hair (the latter of whom was male) whilst facing away from the clock..... SHEESH! not complaining tho!
    I think we actually had to put our hands up to make them aware we had finished!

ReputationRep:
    Well done! That will go on to inspire generations of students for years to come, although it interests me as to why it was the Taj Mahal that came to mind in that moment?
    I was reading arabic (translated of course ) books the night before, it was too hot and i couldnt sleep. I had no sleep before the exam.. and aladdin rules.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't think of anything worth sneaking into my exams. They seemed to involve more working out (maths) or blagging (R.S/English) than remembering.

ReputationRep:
    i can never remember anything in maths, whats needed is in the formulae booklet, and then you just spend a page proving a formula that you could of just "remembered" oh well it wastes time

ReputationRep:
    The thing I find hardest to remember is my seat number! I have no short term memory at all. Saying that tho, I mustnt have a long term one either as I wrote the wrong candidate number on half of my papers. Thats erm, pretty worrying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie_J)
    The thing I find hardest to remember is my seat number! I have no short term memory at all. Saying that tho, I mustnt have a long term one either as I wrote the wrong candidate number on half of my papers. Thats erm, pretty worrying!
    We have little cards on our tables with your name, candidate number and centre number.:p:

ReputationRep:
    Indeed he does, as does the Taj Mahal, which is the most beautiful tomb i've ever seen..
    personally i prefer Kafus... just cause yeh :p: but the taj is the most beutiful Mughal (??) architecture ever.
    oh and im sure thats chineese emperour (was it the first Qin one??) if its every properly excavated with its legendary "mercury rivers" is quite an pretty picture.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.