The Student Room Group

Successful Cambridge Applicants Chat - 2006

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3720
Well, I meant as a choice between DVDs and reading list, actually. But I'm watching Simpsons atm, so you're sort of right :smile:

No idea, I think it's because Economics is half maths, and not even Cam students read books on maths.
Apagg
Well, I meant as a choice between DVDs and reading list, actually. But I'm watching Simpsons atm, so you're sort of right :smile:

No idea, I think it's because Economics is half maths, and not even Cam students read books on maths.

dont patronise me :cool: :p:

ahh well enjoy your dvd's we all still have weeks and weeks to start on the books.:eek:
Reply 3722
Might just sit motionless in my chair watching the Countdown
Apagg
and not even Cam students read books on maths.

:frown:
Reply 3724
hehe, expected a mathmo to respond to that :biggrin:
Apagg
There were only 5 books on it. Nothing on Econometrics, guessing we leave that till we actually get there.

Nothing too bulky - Social Contract, Rights of Man and Common Sense.

*Sings: "I'll dance to Tom Paine's bones/I will dance to Tom Paine's bones/I'll dance in the oldest boots I own/to the rhythm of Tom Paine's bones"*
Reply 3726
Better than that, TOPLESS water fights, with girls.
Reply 3727
misogynist. Beach barbeques... great at this time of the year.
Reply 3728
If I hated women I wouldn't have topless water fights with them :p:
Reply 3729
Water Fights? oohhh no. They make my hair go frizzy!! :punk:
Reply 3730
dehumanising... sex objects... mumble mumble... toplessness isn't equal ground... unless it's naturist... mumble mumble

sand art yey... must go
Reply 3731
Not with me around :wink:
rpotter
I havent got a reading list *feels left out*

What are the phys natscis cool people supposed to do?

Nah, we don't need reading lists, all we have to do is...uh...Aww, I want a reading list :frown:
Reply 3733
glaucon
dehumanising... sex objects... mumble mumble... toplessness isn't equal ground... unless it's naturist... mumble mumble

sand art yey... must go

To be fair, its acceptable for women to see men's nipples...why not the other way around?

Duke Flipside
Nah, we don't need reading lists, all we have to do is...uh...Aww, I want a reading list

Exactly, its not fair :hmpf:
Reply 3734
There is a natsci reading list online (although it says you don't actually need to read any of them)

http://www.cam.ac.uk/cambuniv/natscitripos/prospectus/reading.html
Reply 3735
My friend currently doing NatSci did zero reading in the summer, apparently it's just not needed :smile: Don't worry.
Reply 3736
Aired
There is a natsci reading list online (although it says you don't actually need to read any of them)

http://www.cam.ac.uk/cambuniv/natscitripos/prospectus/reading.html

Ah cheers :smile:, remind me to rep you on um thursday (soz got a couple of peeps to rep)

Ohhh, looking that the physics ones I've already read three of them :cool:, although one of them I thought was crap (short history of nearly everything).
rpotter
Ah cheers :smile:, remind me to rep you on um thursday (soz got a couple of peeps to rep)

Ohhh, looking that the physics ones I've already read three of them :cool:, although one of them I thought was crap (short history of nearly everything).

Hmm, I've read three on that list as well. One maths, one physics (although short history isn't a physics book), and one evolution.
Reply 3738
Ohhhhh actually Ive read 4: the aforementioned piece of crap, the new quantum universe, the character of physical law, and mr tompkins in paperback. All physics which must mean Im cool :p:
I liked Short History of Nearly Everything. I didn't expect to, I thought it would be frothy and have no substance to it, but I actually really enjoyed it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending