Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    4 is earlier than 5, and my sister is perfectly capable of taking herself to the toliet, she just couldn't be bothered to walk so woke me up to carry her to the loo sit her on in and carry her back to bed, she never even woke up properly... i'm bitter, and tired!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so tired at the moment. Had my last ever day at school yesterday, got my shirt signed by everyone! (including a lot of teachers) Its so weird to think Im never going to do any of the stuff that has been my routine for 7 years now! I feel really lost now!

Anyways, had the leavers ball last night, was really fun (although I got pissed pretty early, apparently we were only meant to take one glass of complementary champagne......ooops :p: ). Food wasnt brilliant but the atmosphere was!

The whole leaving thing never really quite hit me yesterday, but it has now and its making me really quite sad

ReputationRep:
    When I left college it didnt hit me for a few weeks...then it was really tough - miss everyone so much!

had rehearsals at college from 10 am till 7.30 for fiddler on the roof - jesus im tired! Yesterday was till late as well ....grrr....!! Am going to sleep now - and yes it is only 8:28 :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -x- Lici -x-)
    When I left college it didnt hit me for a few weeks...then it was really tough - miss everyone so much!

had rehearsals at college from 10 am till 7.30 for fiddler on the roof - jesus im tired! Yesterday was till late as well ....grrr....!! Am going to sleep now - and yes it is only 8:28 :P
    Yer, I mean Im going to see lots of them again, but Im going to miss the routine and some of the lessons because they were fun, especially some maths lessons where we did no work....

Oh btw, soz aired, ill rep you when I can!
    (Original post by reputation thing)
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Aired again.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it

ugh I've been at work all day and I'm knackered.

ReputationRep:
    Im first to post this morning!

HI everyone im off on the 15th on train trip to istanbul probably wont come on again till then be back in time for 17th 'shudder' - hopefully see you!

ReputationRep:
    Im off on the 15th too - but im off to Poland, then around Europa I shall go, scary, need to plan it!!

17th im in Prague all on me lonesone....hmmm hope the results go well!!

Myrna - well done!! Fantastic result - particuarly with all the IBO mistakes!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, well done Myrna! I half wish I knew my results, and half wish I didn't but a month is still too long to wait!

OK, crazynutter, you win on the earliness of your awakening, but how often is yours? Mine is pretty regular. Anyway, hope your sister gets sorted out with the whole toilet thing soon.

Also, a moan - someone gave me bad rep cos I asked what an Oxbridge Admissions tutor was. I was being sarcastic - it's pretty obvious what one is. The point I was making was how come some people have tutors dedicated to sorting out their application, whereas I was left almost completely on my own, and could never find anyone when I had a question???

ReputationRep:
    Also, have fun in Poland and Istanbul, people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragon Girl)
    Yeah, well done Myrna! I half wish I knew my results, and half wish I didn't but a month is still too long to wait!

OK, crazynutter, you win on the earliness of your awakening, but how often is yours? Mine is pretty regular. Anyway, hope your sister gets sorted out with the whole toilet thing soon.

Also, a moan - someone gave me bad rep cos I asked what an Oxbridge Admissions tutor was. I was being sarcastic - it's pretty obvious what one is. The point I was making was how come some people have tutors dedicated to sorting out their application, whereas I was left almost completely on my own, and could never find anyone when I had a question???
    Becuase they pay for it. Take note - you got an offer without having to use oxbridge admissions. So did I. I'm guessing most people with offers did. So if people want to pay for it, let them, but I doubt it transfers as much of an advantage as the company likes to pretend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    Becuase they pay for it. Take note - you got an offer without having to use oxbridge admissions. So did I. I'm guessing most people with offers did. So if people want to pay for it, let them, but I doubt it transfers as much of an advantage as the company likes to pretend.
    lol. I think she meant a teacher at your school/college who is in charge of sorting out oxbridge applicants, rather than the Oxbridge Admissions people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffin Man)
    lol. I think she meant a teacher at your school/college who is in charge of sorting out oxbridge applicants, rather than the Oxbridge Admissions people.
    Oh, I thought all schools had them in some form. Although when I think about it thats really silly.

*Feels like an over-priviledged twit for the very first time*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    Oh, I thought all schools had them in some form. Although when I think about it thats really silly.

*Feels like an over-priviledged twit for the very first time*
    Don't worry - I think more stupid things than that all the time! Although I think it's someone at their school. They're probably private-schooled - I guess the private schools can afford extra staff for stuff like that, whereas ours had to ask parents for money to rebuild when it got burnt down. How ridiculous!

Anyway, our Head of Sixth is the only person at our school who sorts out uni stuff, so it's all his responsibility. Respect to him though - it's a pretty big Sixth Form.

Out of interest, did anyone here go to a private school, or are we mainly state-schooled? I'm guessing maybe wanderer was private?

And thanks everyone who gave me rep. Love you guys! I hated feeling like I'd done something wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Grammar, which lots of people seem to think means private, but it's far from it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Grammar, which lots of people seem to think means private, but it's far from it
    So what's the difference? I never really understood where grammar schools stand. Please enlighten me!

ReputationRep:
    They're free, and select on the basis of academic ability by means of an entrance examination.

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, did anyone here go to a private school, or are we mainly state-schooled? I'm guessing maybe wanderer was private?
    I went to a private school but if we had a teacher in charge of Oxbridge Applications then I was unaware of them. Our head of sixth form (former now) gave a talk on applying to Oxbridge but that was within his wider talk on university applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    They're free, and select on the basis of academic ability by means of an entrance examination.
    The 11+? They still have that?

ReputationRep:
    I just went to the same teacher for everything including applying to Cambridge- she didnt know much about it either so we just read through the website together. Our school will probably employ an Oxbridge admissions tutor in the coming years but it doesnt have one now.

ReputationRep:
    The 11+? They still have that?
    Yep grammer schools still make you sit the 11+

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.