Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    STEP nightmares, lol, I would rather not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAISER_MOLE)
    .......What should I ask for next time I pop down to the pharmacy?
    TCP... the wonder cure :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tctc)
    When im like that, my limps kinder randomly spaz out, like id be lying down semi-consious and leg would kick up... it happens to this girl i know too... once i did it with a cup of tea on my chest (unintentionally) and whoops covered it hot liquid.
    heh, when we were coming back from france we were all dead tired, my friend was leaning on my chest and i was nodding off but all of a sudden my whole body jolted and she near fell on the floor! good times :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    I definitely prefer Alton Towers though. Better rides, fewer deaths.
    Didn't somebody get decapitated on one of the rides at Blackpool because they stood up on it? :puke:

(Original post by Ruthie_J)
    Plastic covers eh? ahh i dont think we bothered with those! It was boiling so we just had to wring our hair and clothes out when we got off. Water did smell a bit funky though.... lol
    Only thing that beats Alton Towers is Disney. I. Am. Disney. Mad.
    but generally, any good roller coaster will do me i'm not usually a big water rides fan.... i like the massive thrill rides. Like Hulk and Rockin Roller Coaster
    Did you go on Dueling Dragons? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aired)

Did you go on Dueling Dragons? :eek:
    At least 8 times (four on each dragon). I also love Spiderman at Islands of Adventure. FAB ride :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aired)
    Didn't somebody get decapitated on one of the rides at Blackpool because they stood up on it? :puke:
    Yeah...think it was on one of those rolllercoasters in the dark. I love Blackpool though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jigglypuff)
    Yeah...think it was on one of those rolllercoasters in the dark. I love Blackpool though.
    You love Blackpool? WHY?!

I don't recall anyone being decapitated...
    Some kid did stand up or something whilst on the Space Invader (which is indeed in the dark) and fell off the seat thing and down to his death. So yeah, not nice. I think a couple of people have died falling off the Big One though I'm not sure. I don't go on the Wild Mouse either as the one time I went on it my ribs felt like they nearly broke. I think someone fell off that too.

Alton Towers ftw.

EDIT: Check out page 27 of this:
    http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/cons_s..._032005_en.pdf
    lmao at the 2004 Cologne one. Tragic, but hilarious to picture.

ReputationRep:
    You love Blackpool? WHY?!

I don't recall anyone being decapitated...
    Some kid did stand up or something whilst on the Space Invader (which is indeed in the dark) and fell off the seat thing and down to his death. So yeah, not nice. I think a couple of people have died falling off the Big One though I'm not sure. I don't go on the Wild Mouse either as the one time I went on it my ribs felt like they nearly broke. I think someone fell off that too.

Alton Towers ftw.

Why do I love Blackpool? The pleasure beach, the illuminations. Pretty much it Yeah the Space Invader incident is what I was thinking of when I said about the dark rollercoaster. I love the Wild Mouse and the Big One...in fact I love all rollercoasters. Except for the Corkscrew at Alton Towers- feels as if my head is about to fall off.

ReputationRep:
    that decapitation one sounds intresting...

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    lol, going to Alton Towers next week as it happens, pwnage!

ReputationRep:
    Now I want to play rollercoaster tycoon.....

ReputationRep:
    im drinking tea

ReputationRep:
    i wanna go!

down with tea

ReputationRep:
    :eek: but tea is great! Everyone should try cardamom (sp?) tea, it's made out of those pods you put in curry, tis yummy.

ReputationRep:
    you cant beat a good cup of tea!

ReputationRep:
    what electrical stuff are people planning to have in there rooms?!
    Im thinking off:
    Microwave
    Fridge
    Toaster
    Kettle

Laptop
    Surround Sound

Lava lamp...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tctc)
    Im thinking off:
    Microwave
    Fridge
    Toaster
    Kettle

Laptop
    Surround Sound

Lava lamp...
    You might want to ask the college before bringing a microwave, fridge, toaster and kettle as I am pretty sure not all colleges allow those.

I am probably just going to bring laptop and some lamps to keep the room light.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tctc)
    Im thinking off:
    Microwave
    Fridge
    Toaster
    Kettle

Laptop
    Surround Sound

Lava lamp...
    I had a kettle, and mini-fridges are a possibility (some colleges provide them) but I must say I'd not heard of anyone having their own microwave!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithent)
    I had a kettle, and mini-fridges are a possibility (some colleges provide them) but I must say I'd not heard of anyone having their own microwave!
    I was reading my (hopefull) college student union page and they said something along the lines that if you bring a microwave it makes your very popular..

(Original post by http://www-jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/freshers/what-to-bring.php)
    Pots and pans may be useful, though there is limited scope for culinary wizardry. Cooking facilities are not dire, but they are challenging. Five course banquets are tricky! Most first years share two electric rings with three other people. Some people bring microwaves, and suddenly find that they have lots of friends.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.