Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drsmeeth)
    eh?

Well to each his own. My brothers a compsci, he got all the maths and science genes. I got the 'bull****' ones (nicely put muffin man lol)
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's true. The only reason I managed to get an A in my maths GCSE was because the year I did it, the pass mark for an A was like 20% or something ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Sarahliz, you were in Dorset??? Where bouts? :p:

Hmmm, I'm a pretty narrow focused mathematician....well not really, but on an academic learning university level, yes. I'll happily delve into lots of other humanities after I know I don't need to cite anyone or use quotes in essays. "wasn't it (name) who said ' (something stupid)' " ? ....Am I the only person who just can't stand that sort of thing?

ReputationRep:
    the only people worth quoting in this life are the simpsons.

Donuts, is there anything they can't do?

ReputationRep:
    lol, I concur indubitably

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drsmeeth)
    the only people worth quoting in this life are the simpsons.

Donuts, is there anything they can't do?
    so so true

"don't worry, being eaten by crocodiles is just like falling asleep...in a giant blender." jkiffe trop

ReputationRep:
    'You'll have to speak up, Im wearing a towel'

Oh and KM where bouts in dorset do you live, lots of my family live down there.

ReputationRep:
    Sherborne

"Good things don't end in ium, they end in mania, or teria"

ReputationRep:
    "Jesus? I thought it was Jepetto!"

ReputationRep:
    how much does every placename in dorset look mint?! frampton, puddletown, sixpenny handley, piddletrenthide... do people smoke a lot down your way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAISER_MOLE)
    Sherborne

"Good things don't end in ium, they end in mania, or teria"
    Christchurch is where its at :p:

'To start, press any key. Where's the 'any' key?'

ReputationRep:
    Listening to Human League is a sign you#re pissed, isn't it? Oops...

ReputationRep:
    Human League? 'Fraid so, consult your nearest household pet on what to do next.

Christchurch, pffft. That where your relatives live? They ever been to Splashdown in Poole? Used to love that place when I was a kid! Always used to race down the rubber ring ride, always used to lose though....I'm not good.

Complete change of topic, but, DAMIEN DUFF HAS SIGNED FOR NEWCASTLE, W0000000T! ^________^

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll find "Westward Ho!" is where it's at.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong, I am a lover of all the arts - not to boast but i won both art and maths prizes at my school. My comment about mathmos being the most interesting academics was part irony, sarcasm, and truth. Maths is different from all other subjects in that, in its purest form (ie NOT applied) it belongs to a different world than this one - a 'perfect' one if you like: where every rock is identical, so that when you hold two of them, you are actually holding exactly two of them! Perhaps that's why mathmos are stereotyped as being deluded - we deal with a world that doesnt really exist, at least not physically. Philosophers are similar, although there world is, in my opinion, more vague and grey-area-ish - philos prize was mine too!

In the end, all subjects are interlinked, the arts are no different from the sciences or the humanities. They're all searching for the same thing, just through different realms of perception, observation, and skills.

"Nothing is certain, everything is possible"

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy is maths, but with rhetoric. Which i guess makes it bad maths. All i can say is that im glad they didn't ask me why philosophy was useful in my interview...

ReputationRep:
    so today i drank 24 bottles of bud...
    at the end i filled them with water, and "tuned" them via my guitar thingy
    and then i played some classics on the bottles.. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    tctc..... this is just a crazy idea, but, am i right in thinking you like zee alcohol?!? :p:

ReputationRep:
    love/hate relationship...
    more consistent than the females ive been aquented with..

ReputationRep:
    ahh. we females can be tricksy

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.