Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tctc)
    id advise gordons wine bar :p:
    I think you're an alcoholic. Also Henry's bar is a good'un for cocktails and their happy hours seem to last like 4 or 5 hours.

ReputationRep:
    nah i dont need to drink..
    i just enjoy it
    i drink the least out of my peers
    im not an alcoholic... jues a student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnStuartMill)
    Haven't seen it but heard good things about it. You planning to be really touristy? In which case go for the art galleries - Tate Britain & Tate Modern are good - and things like the Tower of London. Alternatively Oxford Street, Bond Street and Covent Garden are good for shopping. Great music shop called fopp by Cambridge Circus. Charing Cross Road is good for music shops and some decent bookshops (Foyles springs to mind). Boating in Hyde Park is a good laugh, alternatively you can get a boat down the Thames - there is a service that goes Tate to Tate. Loads to do really.
    unless you go with people who think its funny to rock the boat until you fall....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    unless you go with people who think its funny to rock the boat until you fall....
    That's even more fun (provided valuables are safely onshore).

ReputationRep:
    there are ducks in that lake! :eek:

They can attack....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    That's the thing with going out with techies or ventures, generally one of us will have a Leatherman or similar which can undo bolts...

Edit: There's a sign by the door to Gardies which is secured by only three screws. It says "Take Away" on it in big letters. Many's the time I've been tempted to do exactly that...
    Hehe, I have been tempted to bring a spanner with me when I go out, but i'd never get into a club with it in my pocket...

There is also a sign in the middle of norfolk somewhere, its for a lane called 'nowhere lane'. Ive always wanted that sign. Although I would love to have a 'warning: thieves about' sign!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    I fell in at a recent subs meet.

I feel ashamed to call myself a boatie.

There's a pic on TSR if you know where to look :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    I fell in at a recent subs meet.

I feel ashamed to call myself a boatie.

There's a pic on TSR if you know where to look :p:
    meh.......link!:p:

ReputationRep:
    the new kasabian video is sexy

ReputationRep:
    Is it? Cool

Tctc, you drink the least out of your peers?!?! What sort of peers do you have? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAISER_MOLE)
    Is it? Cool

Tctc, you drink the least out of your peers?!?! What sort of peers do you have? :p:
    Dunno, but they sound pretty cool to me! :p:

ReputationRep:
    i mean least as in volume of drinks..
    maybe not volume of alcohol:p:
    my mates are machines they can drink pint after pint ad infinitum

yeh the kasabian video; its seems to be based in imperial britain in a war.. i couldnt quite see the opposition but it looked like there was russian on the cannon so ill have a guess and say the siege of Sevastopol, however the cannons didnt look chineese and it seemed to be more of a skirmish..
    Blar what am i talking about.. i just got the VC on my brain today, it was probably just a random battle of the crimean war.

edit: nah it probably wasnt even based on a real war

ReputationRep:
    lol, bit like their video for...watchya call it, Processed Beats, in ze battle zone.

Problem with drinking lots of pints is the beer belly that can develop. How some people can stay trim when doing lots of pints bewilders me.

ReputationRep:
    club foot looks like a city seige with some east european soviet terrorist organisation..

None of my mates are large, and they all call me skag and bone... cause im thin :confused:

When my mates drink lots they always walk/crawl the 8 miles home singing provocative songs im sure that burns the calories :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAISER_MOLE)
    lol, bit like their video for...watchya call it, Processed Beats, in ze battle zone.

Problem with drinking lots of pints is the beer belly that can develop. How some people can stay trim when doing lots of pints bewilders me.
    Same, its not fair, not fair at all I tells ye

Omg! Its almost 2 weeks since I last got drunk!! Im so proud, I'd like to thank my friends, my family...

ReputationRep:
    rpotter your a let down :p:
    saying that i havnt been drunk in ages; however, i have drank..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tctc)
    When my mates drink lots they always walk/crawl the 8 miles home singing provocative songs im sure that burns the calories :p:
    I LOVE doing that! Singing drunken songs when you are absolutely hammered is the best thing ever!!!!!! Especially when you drag a traffic cone for 2 miles, whack it on someone's hedge and use it as a megaphone and sign through it, all whilst someone films it on their phone.....ahhhh the memories!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rpotter)
    Same, its not fair, not fair at all I tells ye

Omg! Its almost 2 weeks since I last got drunk!! Im so proud, I'd like to thank my friends, my family...
    SHAME . ON. YOU!
    Go...GO get drunk right now.......
    and come back
    and start me a new drunken thread :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tctc)
    rpotter your a let down :p:
    saying that i havnt been drunk in ages; however, i have drank..
    Hehe, well I have drank (is that the right word? Some weirdos english students can correct me if Im wrong :p: ) just not enough and mainly some really crap french wine, even though Im not a massive wine fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rpotter)
    I LOVE doing that! Singing drunken songs when you are absolutely hammered is the best thing ever!!!!!! Especially when you drag a traffic cone for 2 miles, whack it on someone's hedge and use it as a megaphone and sign through it, all whilst someone films it on their phone.....ahhhh the memories!
    we have been home on a pump truck once :confused:
    traffic cones :p: ... they do bring back memories... dressing up as the old cone heads

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.