The Student Room Group

Successful Cambridge Applicants Chat - 2006

Scroll to see replies

Aww, feel better aired!

*finds herself checking track occasionally incase the ucas website is lying.... rat bastards. I mean, I love you ucas (karma and all).*
rpotter
Yer, Im useless aswell, get really bored by it aswell. I guess its a natsci thing :wink: :p:

FYI, Maths is not NatSci :p:
friendlyneutron
*finds herself checking track occasionally incase the ucas website is lying.... rat bastards. I mean, I love you ucas (karma and all).*

I did that an hour ago! Is this normal behaviour? Do you think we should be worried? :p:
Reply 4983
Are you getting your results on Tuesday friendlyneutron? :afraid:
Dragon Girl
I did that an hour ago! Is this normal behaviour? Do you think we should be worried? :p:

I think normal stopped being on the cards yesterday morning when I stopped in the middle of the street and crossed myself while walking the dog. (No-one saw, I think.... :ninja:)
Dragon Girl
I enjoy playing chess, but I'm not brilliant at it. I hardly ever play though, cos my brother won't play me cos he knows I'll beat him, and I don't know anyone else who a) knows how to play chess and b) wants to play chess.

:ditto:

Getting quite into chess now, and improving a bit. Will probably join a chess club at whichever uni I end up at (hehehe, safe phrasing is back in vogue!).

And maths is definitely not Natsci. My local paper reported that me and Bingojesus had offers to study natural sciences. This was after the reporter woman asked us all what subjects we were doing, wrote it down, and had the cheek to make a kind of shrieking noise and ask why anybody would want to study maths! :mad:
Dragon Girl
FYI, Maths is not NatSci :p:

Never a truer word said......apart from the word 'absquatulate'
Reply 4987
friendlyneutron
I think normal stopped being on the cards yesterday morning when I stopped in the middle of the street and crossed myself while walking the dog. (No-one saw, I think.... :ninja:)

Aw, good luck you and other Scottish results people!

I still have another week-and-a-half to wait but I've got this feeling that I'm going to go into frantic headless chicken mode at some point. For a definition of headless chicken mode, I ask you to remember this forum the few days before the offer/pool/reject letters come out around New Year. I have to say I would not have been nearly as nervous (or even known when the letters were coming) had I not been on here....

Oh, and while Maths is not NatSci... perhaps we can say NatSci is a bit Maths???
Haven't played Chess since......March I think, meh I guess I'll start playing again at some Uni or another. Still at the Scrabble me, just a bit quicker.
*Liana*

Oh, and while Maths is not NatSci... perhaps we can say NatSci is a bit Maths???

Well, obviously. Physical natscis are just drop-out mathmos. :wink:
Dragon Girl
I enjoy playing chess, but I'm not brilliant at it. I hardly ever play though, cos my brother won't play me cos he knows I'll beat him, and I don't know anyone else who a) knows how to play chess and b) wants to play chess.

I can think of lots more interesting things to do than play chess, but if a small child demands you play chess with them what can you do? And it is kind of fun beating them in 5 minutes. *Evil grin*

Anyway . . .

I watched The 39 Steps last night. It was weird, but fairly entertaining.

oh oh ME me! I want to play chess.
Aired
I was just changing the bulb in my lamp and got an electric shock :frown:

I did that while drunk a couple of years back. At a friend's party and someone knocked over a lamp and it broke. Two very attractive girls by my side so I went over to try and fix the lamp with their help. It pops open and I get a fat electric shock. That was a fun party. Didn't get the number of either of the two girls as well!
Reply 4992
JohnStuartMill
I did that while drunk a couple of years back. At a friend's party and someone knocked over a lamp and it broke. Two very attractive girls by my side so I went over to try and fix the lamp with their help. It pops open and I get a fat electric shock. That was a fun party. Didn't get the number of either of the two girls as well!

lol, gutted!
Reply 4993
Dragon Girl

I was checking track during my gap year, just to make sure :colondollar:
Reply 4994
my track has got e-dust. havent checked it in ages.
*Checks Track*
*track says I don't exist*
rpotter
Actually, I almost applied for maths, but in the end decided that I liked physics that bit more. Still love maths though, tis a great subject :smile:

Oh and what started this maths and natsci thing?! :confused:

You replying to Dragon Girl's chess comments by saying 'it must be a natsci thing' when she is, in fact, one of us higher beings.
i went away for two weeks, i have missed so much, or many nothings, either or.

it was cold nof at night to sleep on holiday and now its back to being boiling.

i've been in oh my word i've got to get hold of clearing list before i go to school mode since thursday. and it is impossible that i'll ever need a clearing list, with a 300pt insuance offer an doing maths last year, but still.

it is so too hot for sleeping... but i'm really really tired.

also i am feeling very proud of myself because on holiday i read the first 2 parts of the lord of the rings, and they would be the first ever adult-ish books i've read in my whole life, wooo
Reply 4999
wanderer
You replying to Dragon Girl's chess comments by saying 'it must be a natsci thing' when she is, in fact, one of us higher beings.

Huh? Oh rite, I see how that may have come across like that. Actually I was reffering to the inability to play chess to be a natsci thing since the duke also was crap like me. Soz for not being clear, I guess its pretty hard for 'higher beings' to understand :wink: :p:

crazynutter
i went away for two weeks, i have missed so much, or many nothings, either or.

it was cold nof at night to sleep on holiday and now its back to being boiling.

i've been in oh my word i've got to get hold of clearing list before i go to school mode since thursday. and it is impossible that i'll ever need a clearing list, with a 300pt insuance offer an doing maths last year, but still.

it is so too hot for sleeping... but i'm really really tired.

also i am feeling very proud of myself because on holiday i read the first 2 parts of the lord of the rings, and they would be the first ever adult-ish books i've read in my whole life, wooo

Nah, you havent missed much, just the usual spam, tctc going out to the pub every night, me getting slaughtered and making an incomprehensible post just before throwing up, Camford becoming an active member of a thread he shouldnt :p:, drsmeeth going insane (we think :biggrin:), wanderer being a 'higher being', friendlyneutron being 'that dirty scot' :wink: :p:, and noooni being strangely absent some evenings (maybe she has been taken away for analysis by some scientists...)

Teapot, I havent read a proper and non scientific book since last summer when I read the most recent harry potter. I have to say I once tried reading the lord of the rings but hated it.....the films were ok, but only the action sequences....Im more of a harry potter fan myself :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending