Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so anyhow, back to less geeky things im to intoxicated for a discusion or debate on who boats my float and why.

Im so annoyed, i just got back from a rehersal/gig/mess up and ive broke my first ever guitar string after years... and it wasnt from playing, all i did was hold my mates lighter to the high e string to make it hot and it snapped...

ReputationRep:
    Woooooow, guys take a chill pill as it were.

Without wanting to get involved in this, I would agree that love, lust and the like are biological impulses, however I would question your view that love is just a concept of society and nothing more than lust. Sorry for being a bit vague, but I dont particularly want to get into this discussion for obvious reasons.

Anways guys, lets just agree to differ and move on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tctc)
    Im so annoyed, i just got back from a rehersal/gig/mess up and ive broke my first ever guitar string after years... and it wasnt from playing, all i did was hold my mates lighter to the high e string to make it hot and it snapped...
    Why do stupid things happen to smart people? Life is so very unfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rpotter)
    Anways guys, lets just agree to differ and move on?
    Oh come on - the first time in yonks that people haven't been arguing simply over how badly they're all about to fail their offers, and you want us to move on? Sadist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gravastar)
    Oh come on - the first time in yonks that people haven't been arguing simply over how badly they're all about to fail their offers, and you want us to move on? Sadist!
    Hmmm, well friendly debate is fine, but when it gets to the point of an argument I think it defeats the object of this thread.

(Original post by tctc)
    so anyhow, back to less geeky things im to intoxicated for a discusion or debate on who boats my float and why.

See, this is what makes a good scientist, you'll go far :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, well friendly debate is fine, but when it gets to the point of an argument I think it defeats the object of this thread.
    Oh pish posh - twas hardly an argument. I didn't even use a dirty word.

Ok then, let's all talk about how incredibly drunk we are right now! That'll be fun! Right?

Right?

ReputationRep:
    See, this is what makes a good scientist, you'll go far :p:
    The string sure did when it snaped... i was like noooooooooooo....

Smart people just have an increase of smart and stupid things happen to them :p: but the stupid things are always more intresting

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, got me thinking how a guitar string would move just after being snapped, it sometimes coil up and stuff? or just goes limp?

ReputationRep:

Ok then, let's all talk about how incredibly drunk we are right now! That'll be fun! Right?

Right?
    ive had some red wine and some southern comfort but i feel fine...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAISER_MOLE)
    Hmmm, got me thinking how a guitar string would move just after being snapped, it sometimes coil up and stuff? or just goes limp?
    Quite fast due to lots of elastic potential energy :p: to fast too really see and i wasnt really watching but it kinda sprang away from the other half of the string and then went limp when all the kinetic energy was disapated...

ReputationRep:

Right?
    To be fair you did call it an argument :p:

Hehe, yes that does sound interesting :p:

ReputationRep:
    And I have today drunk

Couple glasses of milk, pint of Cordial (Kia Ora), 1 Cup of tea (Earl Grey) , 2 Cups of Coffee (Instant Douwe Egbert's Gold), and a glass of Orange Juice.

ReputationRep:
    It shows that we're really not that smart at all! Lol!

ReputationRep:
    And I have today drunk

Couple glasses of milk, pint of Cordial (Kia Ora), 1 Cup of tea (Earl Grey) , 2 Cups of Coffee (Instant Douwe Egbert's Gold), and a glass of Orange Juice.
    ive had loads of milk and tea today... not to keen on coffee (only drank it once when the head made it me in his office and i didnt want to be rude :p:) kia ora rules but havnt had it in ages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swntzu)
    It shows that we're really not that smart at all! Lol!
    I know, actually it is quite annoying that people assume you're smart because you're going to cambridge, when, tbh, I'm really not that intelligent

Okay, for those who don want to talk about drink, what about music, what are you guys listening to (if anything) at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    1 Cup of tea (Earl Grey).
    I doff my cap to you sir. Tea is a true man's drink. None of these namby pamby spirits.

ReputationRep:
    I know, actually it is quite annoying that people assume you're smart because you're going to cambridge, when, tbh, I'm really not that intelligent

Okay, for those who don want to talk about drink, what about music, what are you guys listening to (if anything) at the moment?
    look at my sig :p:

ReputationRep:
    If it makes you feel any better, I never assumed that

Some dance set from a couple of years ago with a few rare tracks on it. You can loads of great stuff off of hybridized.org

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tctc)
    look at my sig :p:
    Oh...oh god no! No! The horror! THE HORROR!!!

Acksually, I quite like Pendulum. Though nothing they do will ever top that remix of Voodoo People.

Do you have the Tocadisco remix of 'Walking Away' by The Egg? I don't like the song itself, but it has a great moment where the main beat just drops away into this 20 second synth guitar riff.

ReputationRep:
    Oh...oh god no! No! The horror! THE HORROR!!!

Acksually, I quite like Pendulum. Though nothing they do will ever top that remix of Voodoo People.
    i was supposed to see him today.... tsk tsk

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.