Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oof i got so drunk last night. bad idea. but im going to uni so what the hel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popop12345)
    OK!
    My thoughts exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mintyomonster)
    Cambridge doesn't mean you are going to get the best jobs. I've seen Cambridge graduates lose in a job competition to a London Metropolitan Uni graduate, lol. Employers are hiring the students, not the uni.
    put the pipe down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drsmeeth)
    oof i got so drunk last night. bad idea. but im going to uni so what the hel.
    thats the way forward

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get that drunk last night , my gf was a bit ill so had to leave early

Hope you guys all had good fun last night tho!

ReputationRep:
    I had a decent amount to drink, but managed to stay just back from the dangerous point where I get drunk enough to stop noticing how much I'm drinking. 'Twas an excellent night!

ReputationRep:
    i drank 16 bottles of bud, half a bottle of absinthe and other random beverages... over the course of the 24 hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tctc)
    i drank 16 bottles of bud, half a bottle of absinthe and other random beverages... over the course of the 24 hours
    Was it the real 80-85% stuff?? (Absinthe)

ReputationRep:
    yeh...
    was only a small bottle though i think i must of had 30cl, but i drank it the proper way.
    I have a nice little collection of spirits for uni...
    i think ill have a TSR room party one of the days..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popop12345)
    Was it the real 80-85% stuff?? (Absinthe)
    Thats an urban myth, the controversy over absinthe was because of the chemicals it contains, not because it was strong (it is usually strong, but not that strong, whisky can be stronger depending on the variety of each).

EDIT - although I suppose thats not that unrealistic, whisky can go up to 80% itself, it completely depends on how much its diluted after distillation. But you get all these silly things about absinthe being some kind of 'ultra drink' and being 98% such. It tastes nice though.

ReputationRep:
    the strongest absinthe i have is 89.9 % http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products...hp?prodid=1705
    thats still unopened though
    thujone is the best ingriendent in absinthe
    highest whiskey ive got is 43% not seen higher?!
    last night my absinthe was 75%.... tasty
    but as i drank it the normal way so it was left with a ABV of 18.75%

ReputationRep:
    Its no mith my friend has a bottle from malta that has 85% and you can tell it really is when you drink it !

Which chemicals it contains?:confused:

I personally have Stroh rum which is 80%.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products...hp?prodid=2442 ??
    ive got that too :p:

ReputationRep:
    i drank for the first time in my life. i was appalling.

ReputationRep:
    be happy

ReputationRep:
    Spirits are at very high percentages when they are distilled. The percentage they're sold at is a marketing thing, which is why absinthe is sold so high compared to whisky - whisky has a 'standard' of 40%, but it can be made at about 80 by not diluting it after distilling it. I don't know if anyone sells it like that though. Its profitable to sell absinthe at top strength because of the mystique it has - but it was illegal and controversial because of the chemical thujone (later evidence showed that this was rarely present in any significant quantity) rather than because of its alcoholic content.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tctc)
    http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products...hp?prodid=2442 ??
    ive got that too :p:
    I didnt think it was legal in england, a friend of myn got a bottle confiscated at customs (because over 50%)

ITs overpriced i bought my stroh for 14 euro in germany!

Yes wanderer is correct my uncle once bought 94% finsprit on the ferry to denmark its that high because its always diluted to make other drinks.

ReputationRep:
    haha.
    im yet to try drunk.

ReputationRep:
    I shall be supplying you lot with absinthe if they lift up those restrictions on air travel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    haha.
    im yet to try drunk.
    Its one of those things that is worth trying, but not necessarily that often.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.