Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yea! i once saw a film at 2am, called "seven swords"; some chinese film with subtitles... n my mate fell asleep within 20mins! in fairness, it was realllllllllly boring.

i love going cinema, but apparently i chat too much during the film

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassygirl)
    I adore cinema, but it's so expensive! I have got a huge DVD collection though--possibly in the 1000s though I've never counted.
    was that a joke?!

ReputationRep:
    Wow that is HU-AGE! You'll have to have a bit of selection process to sort through those. As a family we have tons, mine is smaller, I have around 50. For cinema, its gotta be Orange Wednesdays. Ooo, and I always make sure I take my own food with me :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wow that is HU-AGE! You'll have to have a bit of selection process to sort through those. As a family we have tons, mine is smaller, I have around 50. For cinema, its gotta be Orange Wednesdays. Ooo, and I always make sure I take my own food with me :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditting Suck)
    I'm lodging a request in advance to borrow your Frasier DVDs Haven't seen it for ages!
    Of course lol! I have the first 4 seasons. I used them for practice for my french listening as you can change the audio language options . Frasier is a lot more angry as a French bloke....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie_J)
    Of course lol! I have the first 4 seasons. I used them for practice for my french listening as you can change the audio language options . Frasier is a lot more angry as a French bloke....
    lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uz_master)
    was that a joke?!
    Nope. My dad buys about 50-100 DVDs every single time he goes back to China, and he goes back about 4-5 times a year (sometimes more) and he's been going back for several years. They build up. We have run out of storage space so they sit in Tesco bags in the conservatory.

We also have a 2m wide screen in there which we watch movies on (the conservatory's about 7m long so it's quite comfortable). My dad's absolutely nuts about gadgets. I swear part of the reason we bought this house was because of the conservatory. We bought the projector and screen before we bought a dinner table. Or rather, my dad bought the projector and screen before the dinner table. He has no interest in furniture, only electronic equipment.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, well, he just seemed more animated!! More shouty :blush:

ReputationRep:
    ruthie_j: ive got to see french fraiser sometime.... sounds hilarious!

sassygirl: your dad sounds like a bit of a legend to me!

ReputationRep:
    I have about 50 films and then a load of box sets for Family Guy, Lost, the OC and American Dad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnStuartMill)
    I have about 50 films and then a load of box sets for Family Guy, Lost, the OC and American Dad.
    OC sucks. At least starting from Season 3 anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I only have 1&2.

ReputationRep:
    I only have 1&2.
    1&2 are ok. I like One Tree Hill better though.

ReputationRep:
    If you have a tv you have to have a license I believe.
    Hehe, technically you can have a tv, as long as it can't recieve tv signals. So just don't take an aerial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uz_master)
    in south london, its impossible not to! ummm, passively, that is.

however, i do challenge you to find a proposition, based in the real world, which strictly implies another non-tautologous proposition....

i feel like a long walk alongside nature, god do i miss land's end...
    Ive heard a lot about a drug problem in Cam have any of you had any experiences which would substantiate this claim i.e. crack etc??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popop12345)
    Ive heard a lot about a drug problem in Cam have any of you had any experiences which would substantiate this claim i.e. crack etc??
    Yes, it's not just crack we do at Cam you know. We also do stuff like speed, lsd and heroine. If you go to the market and find the man who sells small alumiam boxes, you will not find a single box he sells that doesn't have weed leaf on it. That's how bad the drug situation is at Cambridge. I mean, we have all the top chemists in the country and multi-billion pounds labratory facilities. What more can a druggie ask? Forget about what you heard about cambridge in the news. They know nothing of Cambridge.

Other than the drug problem, there's also prostitution, gun crime, child slavery and other illegal human trafficing activities that you will never hear from the mainstream media. Do you know why? Because they are so wrapped up in this reputation protection business, that's Why! So why don't you just get the feck outta here and never come back!

edit: I do appologise for any miss use of words, and other spelling and gramatical mistakes in the above statement. If there were any, it is due to the fact that I have just injected myself with 2g of heroine and is currently on the vacation to this land with bubbles the size of Pembroke college... Wooo bubbles... Look there's a bunny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Yes, it's not just crack we do at Cam you know. We also do stuff like speed, lsd and heroine. If you go to the market and find the man who sells small alumiam boxes, you will not find a single box he sells that doesn't have weed leaf on it. That's how bad the drug situation is at Cambridge. I mean, we have all the top chemists in the country and multi-billion pounds labratory facilities. What more can a druggie ask? Forget about what you heard about cambridge in the news. They know nothing of Cambridge.

Other than the drug problem, there's also prostitution, gun crime, child slavery and other illegal human trafficing activities that you will never hear from the mainstream media. Do you know why? Because they are so wrapped up in this reputation protection business, that's Why! So why don't you just get the feck outta here and never come back!

edit: I do appologise for any miss use of words, and other spelling and gramatical mistakes in the above statement. If there were any, it is due to the fact that I have just injected myself with 2g of heroine and is currently on the vacation to this land with bubbles the size of Pembroke college... Wooo bubbles... Look there's a bunny!
    :tumble:

ReputationRep:
    Nope. My dad buys about 50-100 DVDs every single time he goes back to China, and he goes back about 4-5 times a year (sometimes more) and he's been going back for several years. They build up. We have run out of storage space so they sit in Tesco bags in the conservatory.
    I can imagine the scene if you got stopped in customs...

He has no interest in furniture, only electronic equipment.
    As every man should.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)

And the bike thefts of course...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swntzu)
    I can imagine the scene if you got stopped in customs...
    "i swear! they are genuineeeeee" :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.