The Student Room Group

Successful Cambridge Applicants Chat - 2006

Scroll to see replies

perdition
ooo when *do* the reading lists come?? Excitement! Snowed under workwise atm though due to blasted courseworks that I haven't got the guts to tackle. Anyone else nervous about impending Jan module results?

I dont know when we get the reading list - i think it may be after our exams. I would love that as it would mean i can read them over the summer, i know i sound boring but their going to be books i am interested in. I dont know why but ive become really excited about the development psych bit of the course-when i initialy applied for politics!

About the Jan results- i am as always sooo nervous:smile:
I re-sat 5 papers this jan!! i really really want good grades :redface:
Reply 881
are we supposed to accept the offers by now?
Reply 882
soonalvin
are we supposed to accept the offers by now?

I hope not, as I'm still waiting on three universities for answers - but maybe email to let Cam know you'll be accepting it.

I think Peterhouse have pretty much asumed I will anyway. They keep sending me all kinds of forms to fill out, mostly about medical stuff, but I got one about library cards the other day. That I found hilarious :p:
Reply 883
afoneleri
I hope not, as I'm still waiting on three universities for answers - but maybe email to let Cam know you'll be accepting it.

I think Peterhouse have pretty much asumed I will anyway. They keep sending me all kinds of forms to fill out, mostly about medical stuff, but I got one about library cards the other day. That I found hilarious :p:

'Send us a passport photo or you will be seriously disadvantaged when you get here?' With a little plastic wallet and everything?
I sent back the reply slip i got with my offer letter- It said i will accept as firm with photocopies of my GCSE certificates. I havent accepted through track yet, although i have all my offers/rejections and am pretty sure which to put as firm. I dont know what i am waiting for but the dead line is 5 th of may so i am just going to think about it for a bit longer before accepting:smile:
**noooni**
I dont know when we get the reading list - i think it may be after our exams. I would love that as it would mean i can read them over the summer, i know i sound boring but their going to be books i am interested in. I dont know why but ive become really excited about the development psych bit of the course-when i initialy applied for politics!

About the Jan results- i am as always sooo nervous:smile:
I re-sat 5 papers this jan!! i really really want good grades :redface:

No I know what you mean, I'm really excited about getting the booklist, and the great thing about getting it in the summer holiday is of course that we actually have time to give it our full attention... Inbetween sunbathing and generally lazing about of course :wink: Sounds great, it's fun developing new interests :biggrin:

aw hope the results are what you want! :smile: Sure they will be. I didn't do any retakes but I did do 3 module 4 papers - very badly. Uh oh. Anyway better get back to coursework soon, which is killing me slowly :smile:
:eek:
perdition
No I know what you mean, I'm really excited about getting the booklist, and the great thing about getting it in the summer holiday is of course that we actually have time to give it our full attention... Inbetween sunbathing and generally lazing about of course :wink: Sounds great, it's fun developing new interests :biggrin:

aw hope the results are what you want! :smile: Sure they will be. I didn't do any retakes but I did do 3 module 4 papers - very badly. Uh oh. Anyway better get back to coursework soon, which is killing me slowly :smile:

After doing my courswork on melanoma last year - ive become scared of the sun, no sunbathing for moi! :p:

Good luck with your coursework, i know its hard avoiding distractions, i only got to finish my English coursework the week TSR was down-now that says something

About the Jan exams - the results are only a week or so away :eek: - Hope you get the grades you want!
If they are A2 module exams can you do them again in the summer with the rest of your exams? My school doesnt do moduler Jan exams and i was wondering how it worked,
I have so much i feel like im suffocating!!!!!!

Bach Chorales, Music Comparison, German Aural, German coursework, Sociology Coursework BLAH ARGH OMG!!! And then there are normal homeworks/revision and essays!!!!
Reply 888
**noooni**
About the Jan exams - the results are only a week or so away :eek: - Hope you get the grades you want!
If they are A2 module exams can you do them again in the summer with the rest of your exams? My school doesnt do moduler Jan exams and i was wondering how it worked,

You can retake any A2 Jan modules in June, if that's what you're asking...? We get given our results on Thursday, but I'm too worried about my driving test on Tuesday to care :frown:
Reply 889
afoneleri

I keep getting letters from them too - gosh they're keen. I'm sitting here facing a £44 book fine from my local theological college thinking, "Do I really want a library card? Do you really want to give me a library card?!"

Its nice that they still remember we all exist though. :redface:
Reply 890
wanderer
'Send us a passport photo or you will be seriously disadvantaged when you get here?' With a little plastic wallet and everything?

yup
Reply 891
Mata
I keep getting letters from them too - gosh they're keen. I'm sitting here facing a £44 book fine from my local theological college thinking, "Do I really want a library card? Do you really want to give me a library card?!"

Its nice that they still remember we all exist though. :redface:

That's certainely true...except that every time I get home and my mum announces I've got a letter from England I hope it's one of the other universities letting me know I have an interview or something, and instead it's a letter about library cards...
Good luck with driving test Panda!! I had mine last tuesday : ) passed so really happy!

Ooops reminds me need to send off my library card info...they need pics too!
ooo I haven’t got anything about a library card.
I really should send out for my Prov. driving licence - but I am just so unenthusiastic about the whole learning how to drive/doing the test/ getting a car business.
Reply 894
Ditto. Really don't see the need when I'm going to Cambridge (fngers crossed), where everything is within a 15 minute walk or so. Spose it'd be handy for afterwards, but...meh
Reply 895
For me it'll be handy until I actually go... we don't even live within walking distance of a newsagents! The nearest station's 10 mins by car, so if I want to go anywhere I have to get driven by a parent. They could keep me prisoner if they wanted.

Well done on passing Lici - my friend also passed last Tuesday, but I don't take anything as a good omen, I did a three-point-turn today that was essentially a five-point turn, and when I tried again I hit the kerb. Unsurprisingly, I don't expect to pass...
Not me. I'm learning to drive but it's totally unnecessary. I live right in the middle of Oxford and absolutely everywhere I need to go is within cycling distance (well, to a max of 10 miles) - and I'd much rather cycle anyhow.
Reply 897
Don't do it. I failed my driving test for the second time on thursday. Its not a pleasant experience.
Reply 898
Well, I am applying to Cambridge this year as a mature student, at 24, and I've still got to start driving lessons :eek: :redface:
wanderer
Don't do it. I failed my driving test for the second time on thursday. Its not a pleasant experience.

ahhhh :frown:
My sister failed 3 times before passing - bless. I would be even worse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending