Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panda11)
    I read a story about bungee jumping where someone's eyes popped out (which might not have been true :p:) and one story where the bungee wasn't properly tied and the person feel to their death (which was true!). They've put me off the idea forever.
    Pffff. Some people are fussy. Can you imagine how many bungee jumps are made every year? Tens, maybe hundreds of thousands. I like those odds .

ReputationRep:
    How were everyones Jan results??

ReputationRep:
    i maxxed out on my french resit so that's bon.
    my english resit was like 26 marks lower than what i got last year, but the whole year got reeaaally bad marks so my teacher's completely furious with whoever marked the papers, only one person got better than last year :confused:. she's sending them all away to be remarked so it should be reet in the end!

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't been given ours yet- we get them at 12!

ReputationRep:
    I am so disappointed
    I raised a grade in Biology and Lit, which is good. But didn’t change my maths grade! Now its 2 marks of an A. It really hurts. And Biology is even worse this year because we are so behind and changed teachers 3 times already.
    I've lost all hope of making that AAA offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    I am so disappointed
    I raised a grade in Biology and Lit, which is good. But didn’t change my maths grade! Now its 2 marks of an A. It really hurts. And Biology is even worse this year because we are so behind and changed teachers 3 times already.
    Sorry to hear that...what did you get in maths originally? If you have improved in marks, that's more important than what grade you got. All the marks will add up

ReputationRep:
    I know we've moved onto jan results....but skiing - i love it soooo much! just had to add it! Am going to France in 3 weeks skiing!! REally excited! Am in bavaria at the moment and there is snow absolutely everywhere - its fantastic!!! When i was little i got a prize for slalom - dont know how to spell it but am well nervous now - i havent been skiing in weeks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going snowboarding for the first time and I think I'm going to shatter my pelvis.

ReputationRep:
    A in my January entry ethics coursework - bit more pressure off for the exams!

ReputationRep:
    90/90 in biology, 94/100 in maths and 88/90 in chem, yay.

ReputationRep:
    I am so disappointed
    Don't give up Nooni I was worried about Bio last year too, but in the end I just found a really good revision guide and learnt my option back to front from that. A combination of CGP and the Oxford Illustrated revision guides worked well I found.
    As for maths, that's a concern for me atm too, though I haven't found out my grades for the Jan modules yet What module was it that you retook?

ReputationRep:
    Aired, how on earth did you get 88/90 on CR&S?!?! Damn you! I got 69/90 on that. My results have pushed me a bit further above the A grade boundaries in Chemistry and Physics, from 5 and 10, to 15 and 21...furthermore no more organic stuff in chemistry

ReputationRep:
    I am so disappointed
    Hey that's amazing, you raised two subjects by a grade - I'd be impressed with yourself if I were you, I'd never be able to make the effort to do something like that! & if the Maths is only 2 marks off, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't get an A - you're practically there already. Don't panic :hugs: Plus, if your quality of teaching has been that bad maybe Cambridge would make some allowances if you missed your offer by a little bit? I bet you won't though, if you've been able to pull yourself up a grade in 2 subjects in one set of resits, you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAISER_MOLE)
    Aired, how on earth did you get 88/90 on CR&S?!?! Damn you! I got 69/90 on that. My results have pushed me a bit further above the A grade boundaries in Chemistry and Physics, from 5 and 10, to 15 and 21...furthermore no more organic stuff in chemistry
    Organic chemistry has been one of my favorite bits of the a-level, and I just find it quite easy to learn the different reactions and link them all together

I worked out before that in the summer I need to get 50% in biology & chemistry and 60% in maths to meet my offer, so I'm feeling quite hopeful at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    I need either 73% in Chemistry or 70% in Physics for the third A grade, need 52% in Further Maths for an A grade in that, is the difference between these percentages noticeable? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I confirm - I really don't understand how the A levels work. For the IB we get one set of grades from internal assesment (i.e. coursework) and one set of grades from final exams...

ReputationRep:
    I didn't really do re-takes, but I resubmitted some coursework because everybody's got marked down.. unfortunately, mine only went up by 4 marks, which is disappointing, but I never felt that my AS coursework was too good anyway! So now I've got 268. So I didn't reach the 90% mark (which I'd like to have reached). But I learned my lesson about coursework and my A2 bio coursework is now going very well.. things should be okay. Hey, at least my Imperial offer is AABC.

On the other hand... I'm turning 18 tomorrow!! WOOHOOO!!!

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday! (in advance)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Apagg, jiglypuff and Perdition for being so nice. The main reason I was so disappointed is because I am what you call ‘mathematically’ challenged – (ie. Stupid at maths) and it will be very very hard to get the A this year. And with Biology I don’t want to tell Cambridge about the teacher change because I don’t want them to think I am making excuses. I just came back from parents evening and the plan now is to ‘try as hard as I can’ and maybe re-sit mechanics. What ever happens this summer happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassygirl)
    I didn't really do re-takes, but I resubmitted some coursework because everybody's got marked down.. unfortunately, mine only went up by 4 marks, which is disappointing, but I never felt that my AS coursework was too good anyway! So now I've got 268. So I didn't reach the 90% mark (which I'd like to have reached). But I learned my lesson about coursework and my A2 bio coursework is now going very well.. things should be okay. Hey, at least my Imperial offer is AABC.

On the other hand... I'm turning 18 tomorrow!! WOOHOOO!!!
    Hope you have a great 18th!

I still have 2 more months of being 17. :cool:

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.