Successful Cambridge Applicants Chat - 2006 Watch

popop12345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well:

Phy2(resit): :suith: 90/90
Phy4: 77/90 (may get it remarked but not sure yet, ill have a look at the paper)
CHM4: 88/90
Bio: 94/100

i worked out i need 51% in bio next exams (no probs), but i need about 70% in the other two --- bit worried about the PHY6 synoptic so im retaking module 1 to fresh up a bit on it and bring my mark up in it a bit (72/90)
Mr. Jim
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by **noooni**)

Your all so lucky, i have to now get really high marks to get an A in the summer in two of my subjects, except for English which should be easier. So much more pressure for this summer.
i'm hearing that!
why's everyone on here so uber-clever... *makes a face at pile of revision next to him*
Pink Sparkles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mr jim)
i'm hearing that!
why's everyone on here so uber-clever... *makes a face at pile of revision next to him*
I know what u mean, everyone here seems to have such high UMS marks and im just scraping the As
ignacius
Report 12 years ago
i've a friend who has a place at cambridge but is scraping the B's at the moment, so i wouldn't worry - an A is an A after all.
dappleddawndrawndauphin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bryllyg)
Woo! It's not quite as good as Perdition's but I have just worked out my UMS scores and what's left to get - I can feel the stress just lift away...:marchmell I have been dancing a bit like this.

Well done Perdition, and to everyone else who got their module marks back yesterday!
Congrats! I wish my stress would just lift away; I still haven't started 2 of my courseworks and am feeling hyper-stressed! I know I only need D's and E's, but I don't *want* D's and E's, so the stress remains. Am thinking of having cognitive therapy
Pink Sparkles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks ignacius

(Original post by perdition)
Congrats! I wish my stress would just lift away; I still haven't started 2 of my courseworks and am feeling hyper-stressed! I know I only need D's and E's, but I don't *want* D's and E's, so the stress remains. Am thinking of having cognitive therapy
lol :p:
**noooni**
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ignacius)
i've a friend who has a place at cambridge but is scraping the B's at the moment, so i wouldn't worry - an A is an A after all.
:eek:
Am i your friend?!!

Mr. Jim
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if i can scrape A's i won't care as long as they're A's, it's too stressful...
**noooni**
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if i can scrape A's i won't care as long as they're A's, it's too stressful...
I know what you mean. I dont care if i scrap by a mark, as long as i make my offer!
I am getting a bit scared though because everyone is so clever on here- and with such high UMS. What if i DO make my offer and i get there and iam the dumbass of the college
Mr. Jim
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I am getting a bit scared though because everyone is so clever on here- and with such high UMS. What if i DO make my offer and i get there and iam the dumbass of the college
omg that's EXACTLY what i was thinking last year when i was filling in my UCAS stuff. though, now that i know that you feel the same way, there are probs more like us out there! :p:
wanderer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
omg that's EXACTLY what i was thinking last year when i was filling in my UCAS stuff. though, now that i know that you feel the same way, there are probs more like us out there! :p:
Studenty internet forum =/= representative sample.

I wouldn't worry.
Pink Sparkles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:ditto: Exactly how i feel too ....... we should make a support group lol
popop12345
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
does anyone know about the exam system in detail if so :

Is it possible to get a photocopy of my exam script and see if they have missed any marks, and then get it remarked.

Or do i just have to get it remarked????

(Edexcel)

Many thanks!
popop12345
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
O and just to try and calm you guys down (although imp panicking as well) if you’re from a state school they are slightly more likely to let you in if you mess up in June, but do not bank on this! And it is 3 years out of date!
Loocy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I know what you mean. I dont care if i scrap by a mark, as long as i make my offer!
Don't worry noooooni, I'll be the dumbass of King's The SCOTTISH dumbass. Oh god I'll be such an outcast...

In better news, I have to gloat over the fact that my chemistry investigation is finally working so I'll have some results to write up. SUCH a huge weight off my shoulders.
Pink Sparkles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by popop12345)
does anyone know about the exam system in detail if so :

Is it possible to get a photocopy of my exam script and see if they have missed any marks, and then get it remarked.

Or do i just have to get it remarked????

(Edexcel)

Many thanks!
Im really not sure, sorry ....
Star_crossed
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I had a bit of a freakout that beacuae the letter said 'subject to you achieving 3 As in your forthcoming A2 exams' it meant that I had to get As at A2, not just overall. But I am now suitably convinced that it didn't mean that at all. Or at least I bloody hope not. We weren't allowed to do Jan modules, but I think I need Cs now, which sounds attainable...if I could be bothered to start working. But I just can't!
friendlyneutron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Star_crossed)
I had a bit of a freakout that beacuae the letter said 'subject to you achieving 3 As in your forthcoming A2 exams' it meant that I had to get As at A2, not just overall. But I am now suitably convinced that it didn't mean that at all. Or at least I bloody hope not. We weren't allowed to do Jan modules, but I think I need Cs now, which sounds attainable...if I could be bothered to start working. But I just can't!
Think how the Scottish people feel, that's basically the case for us!
Aired
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You'll probably still remember most of your AH stuff when you get to Cambridge though, were as all of us A-level people will have forgotten a lot of the stuff we were taught :p:

I can see it now, I'll be in a maths supervision and won't be able to integrate 1/x

Oh and BTW, I've just noticed the thread has gone past post #1000 !
friendlyneutron
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
^^ noticed that too, go us!

I suppose, a lot of AH stuff comes up in the first term apparently so it'll be good in that respect, but still
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads