The Student Room Group

Successful Cambridge Applicants Chat - 2006

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Aired
Pft, you get what I mean.

This is a bit random but, why do birthdays all seem to come at once! It's my Mum's birthday on Thursday, my friend's 18th on Sunday, another 18th next week and then it's Mother's day on the 26th! I'm going to have no money left... :frown:

I know what you mean! But ours were all end of january, beginning of february. So now i can recover...until christmas!
Star_crossed
I had a bit of a freakout that beacuae the letter said 'subject to you achieving 3 As in your forthcoming A2 exams' it meant that I had to get As at A2, not just overall. !

I thought the same thing and had to email the admissions tutor to check. And it does mean both AS and A2. I was kind of hoping to would be just for
A2 though because that would be easier for me as my marks from last year were low.
My mum's birthday tomorrow! Unfortunately we forgot it last year (variety of extenuating circumstances and good excuses, but yes I know that's terrible :frown: ) so have to make it a super-good one...
Reply 1003
you forgot your mother's birthday? wow.
:confused: :confused: Just out of interest, how many of you have replied to offers through UCAS????:confused: :confused:
popop12345
:confused: :confused: Just out of interest, how many of you have replied to offers through UCAS????:confused: :confused:

not me. i am adopting a wait and see attitude. i.e. procrastinating.
Reply 1006
popop12345

I can't yet :frown: Still waiting for Warwick to reply
popop12345

I'm still waiting on three replies! - all three of my other medical schools, too :frown:
popop12345

Even though i have all my other offers/rejections- I havent replied yet because i want to think about my insurance choice a bit longer.
Reply 1009
I still haven't heard from Edinburgh which is driving me mad because I need my student overdraft NOW, haha.

But on the other hand mine was an unconditional offer as I've got my A-Levels already, so no worries about exams/insurance choices Which is nice.
Reply 1010
popop12345

yeah i am still waiting on one more uni to reply
Reply 1011
popop12345

I haven't yet - still waiting on an insurance medical choice. :frown: Got rejected by Dundee & Edinburgh over the weekend, so it'll be St Andrew's as my insurance or nothing, which would be a little scary as I'm not totally confident about meeting my Cam offer!
Reply 1012
i've still gotta hear from heriot watt...grrr...all my other unis accepted me tho, even UCL - large size surprise after that interview... lol
Reply 1013
Do I count as a "successful cambridge applicant" even if I'm not accepting?
Reply 1014
Loocy
I haven't yet - still waiting on an insurance medical choice. :frown: Got rejected by Dundee & Edinburgh over the weekend, so it'll be St Andrew's as my insurance or nothing, which would be a little scary as I'm not totally confident about meeting my Cam offer!

Tehe, looks like I spoke too soon on this one as I just got an unconditional from St Andrew's. :biggrin: So yep, that'll be my insurance, it was my second choice as well so I'm v. pleased!

Now I have to go and celebrate with a stupid piano lesson I haven't practiced for... :frown:
im still waiting on dundee and edinburgh now. i might use dundee as an insurance if i get an uncon but at the mo im using glesga as insurance. i wish theyd hurry up and let me know tho.

on the subject of birthdays i have six birthdays within ten days in august (well one is mine but nevertheless!) and most of those r 18ths this year, woo hoo. four of my friends r eighteen this week as well, i think birthdays just all come at the once to conspire against us frankly.
King Leigh
Do I count as a "successful cambridge applicant" even if I'm not accepting?

Yes, as you applied and were successful. Out of interest, why are you not accepting?
Yeah, am also still waiting for one medicine choice, as I might have Cardiff as my insurance if I get an offer. I wish they'd hurry up so I can it all replied and neat and sorted - and throw away all the CRB forms and other bumf I won't need from places.

Yes, I forgot my mum's birthday. So did my dad and little sister. Yes, I'm a terrible person.
We all over-compensated like anything today though :biggrin:
Replied as soon as I got my Cam offer.
Reply 1019
Durham have rejected me but track is taking ages to change, so I can't sort out my firm and insurance yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending