Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i've still gotta hear from heriot watt...grrr...all my other unis accepted me tho, even UCL - large size surprise after that interview... lol

ReputationRep:
    Do I count as a "successful cambridge applicant" even if I'm not accepting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loocy)
    I haven't yet - still waiting on an insurance medical choice. Got rejected by Dundee & Edinburgh over the weekend, so it'll be St Andrew's as my insurance or nothing, which would be a little scary as I'm not totally confident about meeting my Cam offer!
    Tehe, looks like I spoke too soon on this one as I just got an unconditional from St Andrew's. So yep, that'll be my insurance, it was my second choice as well so I'm v. pleased!

Now I have to go and celebrate with a stupid piano lesson I haven't practiced for...

ReputationRep:
    im still waiting on dundee and edinburgh now. i might use dundee as an insurance if i get an uncon but at the mo im using glesga as insurance. i wish theyd hurry up and let me know tho.

on the subject of birthdays i have six birthdays within ten days in august (well one is mine but nevertheless!) and most of those r 18ths this year, woo hoo. four of my friends r eighteen this week as well, i think birthdays just all come at the once to conspire against us frankly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leigh)
    Yes, as you applied and were successful. Out of interest, why are you not accepting?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, am also still waiting for one medicine choice, as I might have Cardiff as my insurance if I get an offer. I wish they'd hurry up so I can it all replied and neat and sorted - and throw away all the CRB forms and other bumf I won't need from places.

Yes, I forgot my mum's birthday. So did my dad and little sister. Yes, I'm a terrible person.
    We all over-compensated like anything today though

ReputationRep:
    Replied as soon as I got my Cam offer.

ReputationRep:
    Durham have rejected me but track is taking ages to change, so I can't sort out my firm and insurance yet.

ReputationRep:
    you know best to have a bristol insurance lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jigglypuff)
    Yes, as you applied and were successful. Out of interest, why are you not accepting?
    I applied at Churchill for Computer Science.

It was a tough choice refusing, but I weighed up the pros and cons and I thought York gave the better option.

At Cambridge, I'd only spend 50% of the first year doing CS. 25% would be in Physics or Geology. I thought that was a little odd.
    Cambridge also don't offer a sandwich year which I am very keen on.
    I also wasn't too keen on the atmosphere of Churchill when I visited, I think campus appealed more.

So I figured I'd turn down the great industry contacts, the amazing facilities in a beautiful, world class academic city in favour for York; equally high rated course, campus, much nice accomodation buildings, sandwich year etc.

I am sad I won't be going to Cambridge, the atmosphere and style of the town really appealled, but at the end of the day, the whole package (not to mention the killer offer :p:) didn't seem right. Let's hope I made the right decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leigh)
    yepp, you do, as long as cam said yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    Replied as soon as I got my Cam offer.
    what i'm trying to do, too bad warwick still hasnt replied... drivin me insaaaane :motz:

ReputationRep:
    Still got a few to reply, just want to see what they say. Im not putting down an insurance so just thought id save the places i do get for a lucky person in clearing!

ReputationRep:
    all my offers aside from cambridge had come in by late november lol

ReputationRep:
    I passed my driving test today!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aired)
    congrats!

i got my offer from heriot watt today, that's all of them now, spose i'll just mosey on down to ucas...

ReputationRep:
    Well done!!! I've been driving for 3 weeks - so fun!

I still havent heard from UCL, warwick or Durham!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I still haven't heard from Warwick either, they've got no excuse for making me wait so long! grrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aired)
    Year its great, i passed about a month ago, for the first few weeks i took it easy, ie over cautious, but now its so much fun!!

ReputationRep:
    I've got my second test on Tuesday... :afraid:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.