Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Definitely. Certainly not looking forward to those 5 hour practicals next year (hopefully next year!). Much prefer theoretical work/research myself. The pen is mightier than the sword, or indeed the test tube. :top:

ReputationRep:
    you do the practical in 1.30h + some time for the planning exercise (OCR physics) and then it's done..if you can be asked to turn up, it's almost impossible to get anything lower than 90% UMS. coursework? nah, you have be actually bothered to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahliz12345)
    Definitely. Certainly not looking forward to those 5 hour practicals next year (hopefully next year!). Much prefer theoretical work/research myself. The pen is mightier than the sword, or indeed the test tube. :top:
    I take it you have an explosive pen :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh, why do we have to learn about transition metals for a-level chemistry!? Learning all these colours is driving me crazy.

(The blood red solution you get with SCN- and Fe3+ is pretty cool though)

ReputationRep:
    Transition metals are so BORING! Oh wow, an incomplete d-orbital! Memo: no-one cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    Transition metals are so BORING! Oh wow, an incomplete d-orbital! Memo: no-one cares.
    No they're not! Remember those fantasticly fascinating blue and red circles and bars and general wave-like things you saw a few hours ago, with my fantasmical Belousov-Zhabotinsky reaction? The red and blue colours are from Fe2+ (ferroin) and Fe3+ (ferriin)...
    *nods knowledgeably, as if he understands what he's talking about...*

ReputationRep:
    Okay, they're boring *apart* from the BZ reaction *mutters*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    Okay, they're boring *apart* from the BZ reaction *mutters*
    Okay then, we're in agreement

ReputationRep:
    I can think of one thing more boring than transition metals: the stupid barnacles I spent hours counting on a cold rocky shore for the ecology fieldtrip I've been on for the past three days.

Apologies to anyone who likes it, but ecology is HELL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loocy)
    I can think of one thing more boring than transition metals: the stupid barnacles I spent hours counting on a cold rocky shore for the ecology fieldtrip I've been on for the past three days.

Apologies to anyone who likes it, but ecology is HELL.
    Yeah, I thought swimming mayfly nymphs were bad but at least they swam around the tray and you had to catch them with the pipette.
    Barnacles are much, much worse.

ReputationRep:
    We had to breed fruit flies for genetics 'experiments'. That was very gross and pointless. Have to agree with Duke Flipside that transition metals aren't too bad - organic synthesis questions in the synoptic paper are truly evil. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parsleythelion)
    Barnacles are much, much worse.
    But they have the largest penis/body size ratio of any animal on earth. Now there's something you didn't know! Really wasn't worth spending three days on cold horrid Arran to learn this though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loocy)
    But they have the largest penis/body size ratio of any animal on earth. Now there's something you didn't know! Really wasn't worth spending three days on cold horrid Arran to learn this though.
    Second actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rpotter)
    Second actually
    that deserves rep!

Loocy - barnacle genitalia, I *really* feel for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loocy)
    I always thought that was hedgehogs? (or are they just the most well favoured mammal?)
    This made sense to me, what with all the prickles and all.

Edit : terrible grammatical error, I'm ashamed of myself

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

ReputationRep:
    i just noticed i have 32 reputation points (although i dont know what that means) thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lettherainfalldown)
    :hello:
    hiya, are you new to the fabbo thread?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhghhh, I just went out in my mum's car and I stalled at a set of traffic lights, TWICE. It was so embarrasing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aired)
    Ahhhghhh, I just went out in my mum's car and I stalled at a set of traffic lights, TWICE. It was so embarrasing.
    oh no! was everyone looking at you? I almost crashed my dad's range rover into a caravan when i was going at 5mph... I know the feeling!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.