Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling!! Seriously :hugs: Only a couple of months to go until we're free!

ReputationRep:
    literally four weeks left of classes. FOUR TOO MANY. and then exams...oh god.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drsmeeth)
    literally four weeks left of classes. FOUR TOO MANY. and then exams...oh god.
    two weeks for me. Actually, nine days in school left now - it's wierd. All our teachers are panicking about our work and everything but none of us (or at least, none of my friends) can be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    i was really worrying about english but i got an essay back i did last week, which wasnt even particularly spectacular and i got 29/30 so ive got some well needed confidence lol

ReputationRep:
    32 more days of teaching for us. I've been crossing them off since day 57. I cannot believe that time could pass any more slowly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afoneleri)
    two weeks for me. Actually, nine days in school left now - it's wierd. All our teachers are panicking about our work and everything but none of us (or at least, none of my friends) can be bothered.
    I know exactly what you mean. The amount of time people have gone, "Mata, want to skive this lesson?" is criminal. The amount of times I've actually skived is even worse.

You'd think we'd care but its just a state of exhaustion combined with apathy combined with mild resentment towards school.

ReputationRep:
    College is starting to get really boring for me as well. My lessons are starting to annoy me. We were doing Born-Haber cycles today in chemistry and everybody was like "wait, why are there two different ways to get to the end, surely you only need one? Why are we learning about that pathway if it doesn't actually happen? What does atomisation mean again? Born-what cycle??"

ReputationRep:
    I'm not necessarily more clever or knowledgable than my class mates, i just seem to be a little bit sharper off the mark if you know what i'm saying...that does frustrate me sometimes. going over concepts for the third time when i got it the first..

ReputationRep:
    I'm not necessarily more clever or knowledgable than my class mates, i just seem to be a little bit sharper off the mark if you know what i'm saying...that does frustrate me sometimes. going over concepts for the third time when i got it the first..
    I'm glad someone else thinks this sometimes! We did photosynthesis about 3 times in bio. A lot of people seem just completely bored with school in general now though, especially as the weather's improving! We have 27 days left.

ReputationRep:

i kno what u mean.. sometimes you just get the feeling that everyone else is just missing some link in their shiney little heads :p: lol oh well i guess some people could say that about me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lettherainfalldown)
    i kno what u mean.. sometimes you just get the feeling that everyone else is just missing some link in their shiney little heads :p: lol oh well i guess some people could say that about me
    Thats one of the things that scares me about Cam. Going from someone who 'gets' things as fast or faster than everyone else to someone who gets left behind. We have something like 6/7 school weeks left. I ceased to make much effort outside of maths a while ago. I am doing more maths than ever before though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    Thats one of the things that scares me about Cam. Going from someone who 'gets' things as fast or faster than everyone else to someone who gets left behind. We have something like 6/7 school weeks left. I ceased to make much effort outside of maths a while ago. I am doing more maths than ever before though.
    i know what you mean, I'm literally only working on the sujects i need for my offer (maths and econ, and physics for insurance) but it's only fair to prioritize after all :cool:

ReputationRep:
    im quite a sad person because i think i will really miss my school when i leave probs something to do with maybe moving away and the like. there are something like five people in my year who are moving away to go to uni, everyone else is staying at home (yr group of 200). i dont think many of my teachers expect me to put cambridge as my firm :rolleyes: or at least they act as if they're not bothered if i don't...i notice though that many are impressing upon me the "benefits" and "advantages" of a cambridge med degree. for a laugh i told them the only reason i applied was to find a rich husabnd...but they didnt find tht one v funny

ReputationRep:
    It's even more frustrating when you seem to understand it more than the teacher does.

I can't wait to get going either.. I just can't be bothered with the whole school routine anymore. Or incredibly patronising teachers. Plus I don't really have the whole 'oh god leaving friends thing', as most of the friends I have in my own year are gapping too so I'll still see them all the time, and ones I have in the year below will still be around too. I'm just dreading having to get a fulltime job somewhere exciting like Morrison's.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Loocy]It's even more frustrating when you seem to understand it more than the teacher does. [QUOTE]

My physics lessons are like that. I feel really sorry for my teacher when we have to point out he's wrong....almost every lesson.

ReputationRep:
    I just cant wait to get out of school so I can learn things I'm actually interested in; that's what's getting on my nerves. It's purely a means to an end at the moment, which is really irritating as I'm someone who genuinely loves to learn and it's making me a bit bitter!

ReputationRep:
    havent posted on here for a while and whenever i sign in i keep gettin told i should contribute more.

on a more relevent note- totally know wt your saying with regards to lack of motivation outside of certain subjects. Cant seem to do any work out of lessons for physics or chem, especially seen as they are not included in cambridge offer, Plus my physics teacher is a patronising a*** who blatantly thinks i dnt deserve my offer. grrrr.

ReputationRep:
    ditto about correcting the teacher. i find that really annoying tho because my chemistry teacher always looks baffled when i say something, runs off to check, then comes back and changes the note and u have to start it again because u hate socring out or tipex in ur notes.

despite thinking i will miss the old schoolio i WILL NOT miss continually being told that none of us will handle uni because we've been "spoon fed" since S1. i ended up giving my chemistry teacher a spoon today because of the amount of times he has made comments to that effect.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    :hello: hello all

ReputationRep:
    Hello :wavey:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.