Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liz150888)
    i was the inn keeper in the nativity play. was crap because all my mates got to be angels and i had to wear this brilliant skirt and headscarf ensemble i was a glaswegian ganster for a murder mystery night tho...

yes the banter will be flowing far and wide when the scots crew get pished...i wonder if the irn bru/vodka wkd drink will be avaiable down south...bow there's a bevvy with a deep fried mars bar in mind.
    Aah what's that drink called again? The irn bru/vodka one?

I was out the other night and the bartender didn't know what a cheeky vimto was, the shame.

ReputationRep:
    * WKD Original Vodka Iron Brew

a.k.a "WKD Orange" or "WKD original", orange coloured, resembling a mixture of vodka and Irn-Bru

according to wikipedia.....man that site has everything u could ever dream of....

what is a cheeky vimto? (i do have an excuse for being ignorant...since underage and all....)

ReputationRep:
    * WKD Original Vodka Iron Brew

a.k.a "WKD Orange" or "WKD original", orange coloured, resembling a mixture of vodka and Irn-Bru

according to wikipedia.....man that site has everything u could ever dream of....

what is a cheeky vimto? (i do have an excuse for being ignorant...since underage and all....)
    Lol is there not not one with a really stupid Scottishy name that's like that?

A cheeky vimto is a blue WKD with two shots of port in it. Fweee!

ReputationRep:
    Its just called Irn Bru Wkd, right? What a wonderful txt spk name!

And it is available down south, if Cumbria counts as 'down south'.

ReputationRep:
    i did the fest last year and was offered to do it again by a few people this year but i'm going to spend it abroad working and make sure i don't forget all my spanish so i won't be behind in october.
    also scottish people are mean to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    :mad::mad::mad:

:viking::viking::viking:

I may have lived in England for 8 years (and left Edinburgh when I was 1) but I'll still defend my hometown!

You can always call us smelly weegies.

ReputationRep:
    wtf is a weegie

ReputationRep:
    A Glasweigan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loocy)
    You can always call us smelly weegies.
    I was tempted. But I try to resist the temptation to attempt to talk like someone from Edinburgh. Or even someone from Scotland. It just sounds pathetic. I do have an accent (which becomes more pronounced in Scotland), but people can never identify it - I've been asked if I'm Canadian, Irish, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    I was tempted. But I try to resist the temptation to attempt to talk like someone from Edinburgh. Or even someone from Scotland. It just sounds pathetic. I do have an accent (which becomes more pronounced in Scotland), but people can never identify it - I've been asked if I'm Canadian, Irish, etc.
    When I was down in Cam for open days some guy behind me in a queue asked if I was American. :confused: I do have a bit of a weird Scottish/Irish/English hybrid accent, but it's still MAINLY Scottish..

ReputationRep:
    someone once asked me if i was german ?

ReputationRep:
    Someone once asked me if I was a pirate...

ReputationRep:
    Someone once asked me if I was the manager. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aired)
    At 03:08 !?
    lol, yer I work best in the early hours, no distractons and its when im most awake...

ReputationRep:
    Strange...

I know what you mean about distractions though. I'm supposed to be doing my biology coursework (To be fair though, it is ecology. They can't really expect us to be enthusiastic about it... :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    someone once asked me if i was german ?

Hmmm wearing the leder hosen at the time probably wasnt the best idea :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm so BORED! Why does it have to be lovely and sunny while I'm writing up maths notes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    I'm so BORED! Why does it have to be lovely and sunny while I'm writing up maths notes?
    The real question is why does it have to be lovely and sunny when I have a sore eye?
    Can't even have the curtains open

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    *looks at location*

*realises Glasgow is in scotland*

*remembers its never sunny in scotland*

I think you're lying :p:

Although actually im doing maths homework whilst staring out the window and seeing its really nice outside....ahhh i hate distractions, they're so distracting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rpotter)
    *looks at location*

*realises Glasgow is in scotland*

*remembers its never sunny in scotland*

I think you're lying :p:

Although actually im doing maths homework whilst staring out the window and seeing its really nice outside....ahhh i hate distractions, they're so distracting
    Haha sometime's its nice here! We have about 2 weeks dispersed throughout the year where the weather isn't awful

Damn things more interesting that calculus... oh wait, everything ... :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.