The Student Room Group

Successful Cambridge Applicants Chat - 2006

Scroll to see replies

friendlyneutron
Maybe wait and see till after results? I've had some family issues but I'm not planning on kicking up a fuss unless something goes wrong.

If you think that something might affect your study don't wait for your results to come before telling the uni, they won't be so willing to take stuff into account if you only tell them then. If you meant that you'd only tell them if you felt that your study was being interrupted then that's fair enough, but if you meant only if you didn't make the grades then it's not such a hot idea.

Hope that everything's not too bad!
coldfish
If you think that something might affect your study don't wait for your results to come before telling the uni, they won't be so willing to take stuff into account if you only tell them then. If you meant that you'd only tell them if you felt that your study was being interrupted then that's fair enough, but if you meant only if you didn't make the grades then it's not such a hot idea.

Hope that everything's not too bad!

have to agree with coldfish here. i had a really rough time during exams, found it difficult to sit most of them, but got through them in the end. anyway, about a month before results, i was diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety, and got a teacher at school to phone the college right away, they said they'd take it into account. i think it'd ease your mind to know that they know, you don't want to be worrying about that as well. also, chances are they'll have made decisions before results day (they get your results a few days before you do), so it's helpful for them to know well in advance.

i really hope you're okay :hugs:
Oh thanks guys :redface:

Things are ok now but until about about the end of feb I was finding it really difficult to deal with everything, could barely concentrate. It's a miracle I got through my interviews! I'll talk to the rentals about letting Sidney know, I don't want to jeapordise getting to Cam, especially something that's not my fault, because I worked so hard to get an offer! Thanks for the advice :smile:
So... after a period of indecisive-ness I finally decided to accept my offer from Cambridge.
About myself :smile: :
I'm Italian (well, from the german-speaking minority in the North of Italy) and just came back from India where I spent the last 7 months teaching English to about 50 wonderful kids in a small village in Rajasthan.
I love... winter (it's snowing at the moment :smile: ), chocolate, reading and travelling (and lots of other things)

College: Newnham (Unconditional offer)
Course: Arch and Anth
Welcome!:smile:
friendlyneutron
Oh thanks guys :redface:

Things are ok now but until about about the end of feb I was finding it really difficult to deal with everything, could barely concentrate. It's a miracle I got through my interviews! I'll talk to the rentals about letting Sidney know, I don't want to jeapordise getting to Cam, especially something that's not my fault, because I worked so hard to get an offer! Thanks for the advice :smile:

:ditto::hugs:
Hope you're OK! Thing going a bit tits-up in my family too, with similarly poor timing...
Reply 1306
Pink Sparkles
Poor you!

I havent accepted it via ucas yet ........ its too final :eek:

I forced myself to accept coz i was worried i might get pissed and randomly accept two unis i didnt want to go to :redface:
Pink Sparkles
Poor you!

I havent accepted it via ucas yet ........ its too final :eek:

I haven't accepted it either for now :eek: :s: but i would like to.. too bad warwick still hasnt replied and if it doesn't then I can't reply to offers :mad:
peeps, do you want to elect a member of the month each month? :biggrin: :cool: it's all up to you... if you want to it can be done... I'd have to write it on the thread and then you would have to PM me the name of the person :biggrin:
Reply 1309
Cronus
peeps, do you want to elect a member of the month each month? :biggrin: :cool: it's all up to you... if you want to it can be done... I'd have to write it on the thread and then you would have to PM me the name of the person :biggrin:

Yer that would be a good idea actually
ok then... I shall edit the first page :biggrin:
ok we are now officially open to elections for member of the month MAY 2006 :biggrin: send me a PM and give your vote! who will it be next? :cool:
parsleythelion

Hope you're OK! Thing going a bit tits-up in my family too, with similarly poor timing...

:hugs: hope everyone with similar issues is alrightey at the moment. i hope everything turns out ok.
Reply 1313
:hugs: from me to for everyone :smile: I'm sure everything will be fine in the end.

Are we all going to campaign ruthlessly to be member of the month? Let the mudslinging begin!
:security: ............ :hugs:
friendlyneutron
Maybe wait and see till after results? I've had some family issues but I'm not planning on kicking up a fuss unless something goes wrong.

Ok thanx.

I hope everything will sort itself out and you feel better soon. I know what you mean about circumstances that block your concentration though, last year i felt the same, stuff happened and for months i just felt depressed about everything, spent most of my time staring into space, not wanting to do anything else. Everything got too much i guess. I really hope you feel better soon. :suitc:
Cronus
ok we are now officially open to elections for member of the month MAY 2006 :biggrin: send me a PM and give your vote! who will it be next? :cool:

:eek: DONT ADD COMPETITION to the thread!! people change when there is competition...

on that note- someone nominate me :biggrin:
**noooni**
Ok thanx.

I hope everything will sort itself out and you feel better soon. I know what you mean about circumstances that block your concentration though, last year i felt the same, stuff happened and for months i just felt depressed about everything, spent most of my time staring into space, not wanting to do anything else. Everything got too much i guess. I really hope you feel better soon. :suitc:

Thanks, that's really nice of you :smile: and the same for everyone else who's had a time of it recently, I hope it works out well for everyone.

On second thoughts, noooni, I would maybe scratch my advice and tell them now about your teacher situation, considering what other people have said on the thread!
Isn't member of the month just a little bit, well ... pointless?
**noooni**
:eek: DONT ADD COMPETITION to the thread!! people change when there is competition...

on that note- someone nominate me :biggrin:

hehe competition is always good :biggrin: :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending