Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    phew! ok its 5th of may.
    On an un-related topic, i was wondering if i should let Cam know that i've had 3 biology teachers this year- spent a month without a teacher and now we have a new teacher who isnt actualy an A-level biology teacher. Should i let them know just incase, or would it seem as if iam moaning too much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahliz12345)
    I got the UCAS letter asking if the decisions I'd selected were correct and could be sent to unis. :afraid:
    Ah wait, you dont have to reply to that if everything on the letter's correct do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    phew! ok its 5th of may.
    On an un-related topic, i was wondering if i should let Cam know that i've had 3 biology teachers this year- spent a month without a teacher and now we have a new teacher who isnt actualy an A-level biology teacher. Should i let them know just incase, or would it seem as if iam moaning too much?
    Maybe wait and see till after results? I've had some family issues but I'm not planning on kicking up a fuss unless something goes wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    Ah wait, you dont have to reply to that if everything on the letter's correct do you?
    No. Only if it's wrong (reply before the deadline on that letter). I think I checked it 10 times!

ReputationRep:
    Could anybody help me with this?

30 plants measured in one area, and 30 measured in another. I'm doing a t-test, how many degrees of freedom are there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahliz12345)
    No. Only if it's wrong (reply before the deadline on that letter). I think I checked it 10 times!
    Same! I did mine over the phone as well cause I was getting impatient with Edinburgh, the wee man must have thought I was crazy "Right are you sure you've put Cambridge down as FIRM?!"

ReputationRep:
    Same! I did mine over the phone as well cause I was getting impatient with Edinburgh, the wee man must have thought I was crazy "Right are you sure you've put Cambridge down as FIRM?!"
    How did you know he was a wee man over the phone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    How did you know he was a wee man over the phone?
    :rofl: repped when I next can!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkDavies)
    Some advice for everyone: don't leave history coursework until 4 days before it's due in. 9,000 words in 4 evenings after school is not a lot of fun.
    Ouuuuch. Good luck :yy:

Stupid project write-ups... Sadly I have now started using coursework-finishing as an excuse not to do actual revision for the exams. I'm desperate.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe wait and see till after results? I've had some family issues but I'm not planning on kicking up a fuss unless something goes wrong.
    If you think that something might affect your study don't wait for your results to come before telling the uni, they won't be so willing to take stuff into account if you only tell them then. If you meant that you'd only tell them if you felt that your study was being interrupted then that's fair enough, but if you meant only if you didn't make the grades then it's not such a hot idea.

Hope that everything's not too bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldfish)
    If you think that something might affect your study don't wait for your results to come before telling the uni, they won't be so willing to take stuff into account if you only tell them then. If you meant that you'd only tell them if you felt that your study was being interrupted then that's fair enough, but if you meant only if you didn't make the grades then it's not such a hot idea.

Hope that everything's not too bad!
    have to agree with coldfish here. i had a really rough time during exams, found it difficult to sit most of them, but got through them in the end. anyway, about a month before results, i was diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety, and got a teacher at school to phone the college right away, they said they'd take it into account. i think it'd ease your mind to know that they know, you don't want to be worrying about that as well. also, chances are they'll have made decisions before results day (they get your results a few days before you do), so it's helpful for them to know well in advance.

i really hope you're okay :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Oh thanks guys

Things are ok now but until about about the end of feb I was finding it really difficult to deal with everything, could barely concentrate. It's a miracle I got through my interviews! I'll talk to the rentals about letting Sidney know, I don't want to jeapordise getting to Cam, especially something that's not my fault, because I worked so hard to get an offer! Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    So... after a period of indecisive-ness I finally decided to accept my offer from Cambridge.
    About myself :
    I'm Italian (well, from the german-speaking minority in the North of Italy) and just came back from India where I spent the last 7 months teaching English to about 50 wonderful kids in a small village in Rajasthan.
    I love... winter (it's snowing at the moment ), chocolate, reading and travelling (and lots of other things)

College: Newnham (Unconditional offer)
    Course: Arch and Anth

ReputationRep:
    Welcome!

ReputationRep:
    Oh thanks guys

Things are ok now but until about about the end of feb I was finding it really difficult to deal with everything, could barely concentrate. It's a miracle I got through my interviews! I'll talk to the rentals about letting Sidney know, I don't want to jeapordise getting to Cam, especially something that's not my fault, because I worked so hard to get an offer! Thanks for the advice
    :ditto::hugs:
    Hope you're OK! Thing going a bit tits-up in my family too, with similarly poor timing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Sparkles)
    Poor you!

I havent accepted it via ucas yet ........ its too final :eek:
    I forced myself to accept coz i was worried i might get pissed and randomly accept two unis i didnt want to go to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Sparkles)
    Poor you!

I havent accepted it via ucas yet ........ its too final :eek:

I haven't accepted it either for now :eek: :s: but i would like to.. too bad warwick still hasnt replied and if it doesn't then I can't reply to offers :mad:

ReputationRep:
    peeps, do you want to elect a member of the month each month? :cool: it's all up to you... if you want to it can be done... I'd have to write it on the thread and then you would have to PM me the name of the person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cronus)
    peeps, do you want to elect a member of the month each month? :cool: it's all up to you... if you want to it can be done... I'd have to write it on the thread and then you would have to PM me the name of the person
    Yer that would be a good idea actually

ReputationRep:
    ok then... I shall edit the first page

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.