Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    I'm worried about the virus, if nobody else is. The only pandemic around up to now (for our generation anyway) has been AIDs, and at least there are reasonably effective ways of avoiding that. If a strain of bird flu that spreads human to human does emerge, things could get dicey.
    I'm not going to worry about it until there's cause to worry; so far this strain hasn't emerged, and it may not. Of course we have to realise that there's a possibility of the virus mutating, but if/when it does, then i'll be worried!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean I was panicing. Just that the thought unnerves me. I don't like illness - couldn't stand to be a medic!

ReputationRep:
    medics have the most fun tho

the bird flu rather amused me, but its good because i feel its put the good old town of cellardyke on th map. there was a scare earlier that there was another bird found in a park in the gorbals...but that was someone taking the pish big time :rolleyes: there was a bloke on the news saying he was worried the torusim would go down in cellardyke becos of the bird flu incident. but i was like what all ten tourists a year?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liz150888)
    medics have the most fun tho

the bird flu rather amused me, but its good because i feel its put the good old town of cellardyke on th map. there was a scare earlier that there was another bird found in a park in the gorbals...but that was someone taking the pish big time :rolleyes: there was a bloke on the news saying he was worried the torusim would go down in cellardyke becos of the bird flu incident. but i was like what all ten tourists a year?!
    Just when you thought it was safe to go into the basement!

ReputationRep:
    hahaha :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I'm really pleased you all have got offers from Cam (honestly-a true and heart felt sentiment, no sarcasm). I applied to do Law @ King's and got pooled but rejected in the end. I had a really high LNAT score and AAABC @ AS and they still didn't want me. Never mind.
    Good Luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. There must have been some super competition. Hope you enjoy wherever you go. On the bird flu note - what happened to SARS?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Loocy...actually Warwick and UCL both came through this morning!!

UCL wants AAA (technically higher than camb) and Warwick AAB me thinks...in the signature now....now to choose between other UCL course (ABB) or Warwick...both are fab courses...hmmm any advice?

Good luck - wherever you go (could have written ditto lol)

SARS - true true - im sure its still out there lol...

ReputationRep:
    A complete non-sequitor, but....

Today was my official last ever day in high school! Now I just have three weeks of hard studying until final exams start...

On the bird flu thing - we had a case diagnosed here (in good ol' Geneva) a couple of weeks ago and I haven't heard anything about it since...

ReputationRep:
    Is my school the only place that starts study leave after our exams begin? I hate my school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Sparkles)
    Is my school the only place that starts study leave after our exams begin? I hate my school
    Mine too, we start the day our exams start

ReputationRep:
    afoneleri - you live in geneva then? i went there a couple of months ago and it is a really nice place, i hope you enjoy cambridge bird flu - is actually a cold, they just want sympathy

ReputationRep:
    I was in Geneva 4 days ago!!!

So pretty - impressed with the height of ur fountain - can i call it that?? Really like Geneva....soooo much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    Mine too, we start the day our exams start
    My first exam is on June 5th and our study leave starts on the 12th. Lol typical :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Sparkles)
    My first exam is on June 5th and our study leave starts on the 12th. Lol typical :rolleyes:
    thats stupid, if you think study leave will help you then complain or something. Our study leave isnt certain at the moment, they are still deciding on whether we even need study leave- I know i need it and so i will be starting my study leave when my exams start whatever they say.

ReputationRep:
    My study leave starts on the 19th of may! My first exam isnt until 15th June...I guess im bloody lucky!

ReputationRep:
    Im doing one IB and then the rest are all A-Levels....expected to do the IB whilst maintaining full attendence to A-level lessons (dream on college) then study leave starts day of first exam...grrrr

ReputationRep:
    Lucky Englishers, our exams start on the 17th of May! And exam leave doesn't start till the...15th, I think? That right miss neutron?

(Then again, our last is on the 31st May :p: )

(Original post by Loocy)
    (I think the village where the swan was found was just outside St Andrew's.. it's all Fife anyway.)
    I've always wondered why it's called The Kingdom of Fife, and yet doesn't seem to have a king :confused:
    Look, I did a doodle to illustrate my point;
    http://aa.1asphost.com/AllyG/snp1.gif

...must...get back to...work...

ReputationRep:
    I AM THE KING OF FIFE!

Just kidding. Yeah, I always wondered why too.. I guess Fife has to have something interesting about it.

My study leave starts on the 10th of May, I think. Two days before higher English, whenever that is.

ReputationRep:
    Monsieur Flipside, ours starts on the 10th, same as Loocy! Love the picture

Just think, only 5 and a bit weeks until they start, and 7 and a bit until they're over (ish, i think, it's not long anyway!) ... crap, I better get back to the monolith that is unit 1 Biology!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.