Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Sparkles)
    If we come down on the 30th and start working on the 2nd, doesnt that mean we only have 2 days of freshers week (30th and 1st) or am i just being totally stupid and gettin confused for no apparent reason :eek:
    30 days has September and all that...me thinks you're right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Sparkles)
    If we come down on the 30th and start working on the 2nd, doesnt that mean we only have 2 days of freshers week (30th and 1st) or am i just being totally stupid and gettin confused for no apparent reason :eek:
    TWO WHOLE DAYS! WOOOOW.
    seriously Cam, come on... that really isnt anything. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yay im not insane But 2 days is crap ..... i think i need to do some heavy drinking and partying on those 2 days to make up for it

ReputationRep:
    2 days!!!! wtf that's not fair, but I was gonna race my mate to see who got to 100 units first, sooo ill have to have 50 units a day, which is about 25 pints of stella a day......bugger

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge isn't for fun, it's for work! Those two days will possibly also contain safety talks, meeting your DoS, department intro lectures etc. But just enjoy being a student, it's better than being an 'adult' and you've got at least 3 years of it

A.

ReputationRep:
    Bugger, that means about one day of heavy partying, and one day to sleep it off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Flipside)
    Bugger, that means about one day of heavy partying, and one day to sleep it off
    Yer, or 2 days partying, first day of real lectures to sleep it off :p:. Actually I cant believe im already planning how im going to slack!

One of my main worried is that the first time I meet my DoS ill be pissed :p:, probably wouldnt be the best start. Im mainly worried because my sister's stories of her freshers week at LSE where her mate kept on saying scism to all of the politics professors and ended up lying on the floor eating sandwiches infront of them :p: God I hope thats not me in 5 months time!!

ReputationRep:
    *looks around*

*noone here*

meh, probably should go to bed, oh well

*goes to get something to eat instead*

ReputationRep:
    lol lol lol....to all of the above.

Noooni - No i havent recieved it yet - probably because i havent yet formally accepted camb through UCAS as the rest of my offers only came through 3 days ago... I want one...i want one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rpotter)
    *looks around*

*noone here*

meh, probably should go to bed, oh well

*goes to get something to eat instead*
    5am!! go to bed for got sake..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -x- Lici -x-)
    lol lol lol....to all of the above.

Noooni - No i havent recieved it yet - probably because i havent yet formally accepted camb through UCAS as the rest of my offers only came through 3 days ago... I want one...i want one
    I havnt accepted through UCAS too. They also sent a letter saying i need to apply at LEA before 28th of april-- thats really soon, and i havnt got a clue how to do that:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I was just reading something on the MML website and it said that last October, the week going up to the 7th of October was used for sorting out classes etc. and supervisions and various introductions and it didn't actually mention anything about lectures during that week!

ReputationRep:
    I want an SPS pack!!! GRRRR!!!

What else is in it other than Reading List?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Cambridge isn't for fun, it's for work! Those two days will possibly also contain safety talks, meeting your DoS, department intro lectures etc. But just enjoy being a student, it's better than being an 'adult' and you've got at least 3 years of it

A.
    Safety talk?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    5am!! go to bed for got sake..
    okay, sorry *goes to bed*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    I havnt accepted through UCAS too. They also sent a letter saying i need to apply at LEA before 28th of april-- thats really soon, and i havnt got a clue how to do that:confused:
    You need to get the form and my school has advised me to go too the place you send it as otherwise you need to send your birth certificate ect.( but then again I do live in london so it might not be as convienient for you).

Yes someone told me that you only get a maximum of 4 days, and some got essays/notes to write on something they were given to read on the second??:eek:

ReputationRep:
    i got told i need to apply to my LEA or something too. Isn't that talking about applying for your student loan?

Ooh where is this place in London Popop12345? Is that where i get the forms from? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aired)
    Safety talk?! :confused:
    Yeah, like "How not to get mugged in two easy steps", "What to do if you're ill" and the STD talk, which at Clare usually involves a practical demonstration with STD balloons that frequently end up as bop decorations.
    You've got to realise that a lot of people arriving at Cam have little or no real world nous.

A.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the internet website to register for LEA funding???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Yeah, like "How not to get mugged in two easy steps", "What to do if you're ill" and the STD talk, which at Clare usually involves a practical demonstration with STD balloons that frequently end up as bop decorations.
    You've got to realise that a lot of people arriving at Cam have little or no real world nous.

A.
    Lol! Do they think we're like 10 or something!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.