Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popop12345)

WoW its scary how much effort im putting into this considering you could all be murderers logging on in prison passing off as students:confused: :rolleyes:
    :creep: ooops some one found out! :vroam:

Thank-you !!!! thats really helpful. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popop12345)
    You should be able to get a form from school, if not then,

I just phoned them up to check, this is where you can go to get a form and get it checked ect....
    BARNET
    London Borough of Barnet Customer Services,
    Education Awards-Social Exclusion Service,
    Fenella,
    Babington Road,
    Hendon,
    LONDON
    NW4 4BS

Tel: 020 8359 2000

but you might find one thats more local on here:
    http://www.dfes.gov.uk/studentsuppor...nts/lea_.shtml

This is where you can download the form (the one you want is the PN1) and guidence notes (a good idea):
    http://www.dfes.gov.uk/studentsupport/uploads/PN1F.pdf
    http://www.dfes.gov.uk/studentsuppor...s/PN1notes.pdf

The actual page all this is from is:
    http://www.dfes.gov.uk/studentsuppor...or_forms.shtml

:
    ooo That form is for academic year 2005/2006,,, dont we need 2006/2007? Should we just ring up our local lea place and ask them to send a new form?

ReputationRep:
    ooohoo! just phoned them and i can go pick up the form tomorow!
    So apparently there are two deadlines, the basic one for the 3000 pounds a year (without declaring your parents income) which is 28th of april, and if you need extra help you have till june. Weird.

ReputationRep:
    The finance bit of TSR is quite helpful on such things... though it's a place that terrifies me deeply, on principle.

ReputationRep:
    Revision was destroying my soul, so I baked cookies! They're ok considering i had to make them with quality street and celebrations as we didn't have cooking chocolate in the couse. I suggest doing something equally as inane if you're stressed *offers e-cookies*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    *offers e-cookies*
    mmmmmmmmm:proud: Yummy.

Revision inst going well at the moment- spent the whole morning on ONE biology chapter,,which is relatively easy :cool:
    BUT everything on the page is now colour coded and in boxes and stuff.....so thats something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    mmmmmmmmm:proud: Yummy.

Revision inst going well at the moment- spent the whole morning on ONE biology chapter,,which is relatively easy :cool:
    BUT everything on the page is now colour coded and in boxes and stuff.....so thats something.
    I know the feeling! I'm writing up biology notes just now as well, it takes ruddy ages but it means we'll have good material to actually revise from, as opposed to searching through textbooks and learning irrelevant material... in theory.

ReputationRep:
    i just want to say well done to you guys on getting in to Cambridge. You should all give yourselves a pat on the back. Your parents must be so proud

well done, and good luck to anyone with conditionals!

carly
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    Dont you sort of have the passport when your born, and then you keep re-newing it ? I havnt got a clue to be honest, my parents do all these things for me - I guess iam going to have to learn now though.

Just wondering, if you go to sleep around 5am what time do you actualy get up?!:rolleyes:
    Oh rite, yer, well tbh Im not really sure how it all works...

Errr I get up right about now

ReputationRep:
    I drove into town before and bought myself some highlighters and coloured pens to try and motivate myself to revise, haha.

ReputationRep:
    I chucked in revising for the day on the excuse that I have a horrid cold. I WILL do some tonight though. I WILL. If I start posting on here again, someone e-hit me.

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anybody know when freshers are expected to arrive in Cambridge? And whether people come earlier than that? I'm an international student, so I kinda need to make plans early

ReputationRep:
    I think I read in another thread that we're supposed to get there on the 30th September.

ReputationRep:
    i got told the same.

ReputationRep:
    That form is for academic year 2005/2006,,, dont we need 2006/2007?
    yes, sorry about that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aired)
    I think I read in another thread that we're supposed to get there on the 30th September.
    international freshers' week is the week before that

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what date most schools go back in September and what date most uni terms start, because me and my friends were thinking about getting a cheap holiday in the gap between them if there is a big enough gap.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    normally schools go back about 5th sept (or they do in lincs anyway!), most uni terms seem to be starting about 20th sept, but if your mates look on their uni websites you should be able to sort something out - enjoy your hols!

ReputationRep:
    Oooooohhhhh I just got my confirmation letter to go to Malaysia this summer with Raleigh International
    God I'm excited! I have such a fun summer coming up... apart from those exam thingies. :nn:

ReputationRep:
    Ah fun! Raleigh International a charity group/gap organisation?

I'm chuffed cause my Green wing DVD just came from Amazon! Although, I did have to answer the door to a rather good looking postman in my pj's and glasses... can i just mention that today's jammies consist of striped pj bottoms and a kid's t-shirt that says "science rocks" on it.

For shame.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.