Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oooh so jealous of the interrailing round europe nina! :O how amazing!

u only have 35 pages of maths notes? whit? i have 133 pages for ONE UNIT of biology. why didn't i take maths? writing notes is fun- but i forced myself to do them through the year otherwise id spend my revising time drawing pictures of prokaryotic cells and colouring them in . revising might kill me i fear-im not even finding dickens mildly funny anymore. dyu not think its a bit cruel when they ask u to write about comedy in a particular novel when ur sitting on the point of death in an exam? evil sqa.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else here about 98% certain that they're going to miss their offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    Aww, I'm sure you'll do fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liz150888)
    oooh so jealous of the interrailing round europe nina! :O how amazing!

u only have 35 pages of maths notes? whit? i have 133 pages for ONE UNIT of biology. why didn't i take maths? writing notes is fun- but i forced myself to do them through the year otherwise id spend my revising time drawing pictures of prokaryotic cells and colouring them in . revising might kill me i fear-im not even finding dickens mildly funny anymore. dyu not think its a bit cruel when they ask u to write about comedy in a particular novel when ur sitting on the point of death in an exam? evil sqa.
    At our school we write our own maths textbooks. We have many hundreds of pages of notes.

ReputationRep:
    It will be fine. Trust me - they wouldn't have given you an offer you couldn't pull off.

Anyway. I tried to start revising Blake today... did 3 poems then stopped. But I WILL do some more tomorrow. And also some Othello.

I had a whole Easter revision plan, but I've given up on doing any R.S. (hoping the teachers will cover it) or any English Language. Bad idea. But I think I can blag through English Language with some last minute revision. And R.S. will just have to wait!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, having one of those days it seems! Does anyone have any good tips to relax while studying? I'm so tense all the time!

ReputationRep:
    u won't miss ur offer m'dear, try to think positive even though maths and physics are both evil.:hugs: only six and a half weeks till they are ALL OVER. wooo.

im not the best person to tell u how to relax though since im usually stressing out meself. ur cookie idea sounded fun tho....and maybe try going for a run or something (which i do all the time....) to get ur endorphins going (or u know eat chocolate-pretty much the same effect).

well in wanderer writing ur own textbook! i have to do tht in bio cos my teacher takes our textbooks off us at the end of each unit and cos his notes are pants on paper. i actually found on the other day that said MORPHOGENS DROSOPHILA dorsal/ventral (back/stomach) *picture of fly* GENE PRODUCTS (see monograph). most amusing.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    AH maths blows. I had to switch to writing physics notes today because differentiating inverse functions was causing me to sporadically burst into tears Damn maths! We should have a mass burning of all maths notes/textbooks/teachers when these exams are over!

I'm torn as to whether I should do any physics revision at all... it's not part of my offer, but I don't want to fail it. Probably just do a bit the day before, that was the plan for the prelim and I still got an A. *loves having a data book*

I'm up to about 80% certain I'll miss it... it's not so much the exams I'm worried about, it's my damn project writeups.. they're so crap and they have to be sent away really soon.
    I found the weirdest expression in the AH bio monograph for Unit 2 today:

'The rate of decomposition varies hugely in space and time'

DUN DUN DUN DUN... I think the people writing it were trying to inject a bit of drama into ecology. Nice try guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rpotter)
    Omg, you're addicted to pepsi max aswell!!! I thought it was just me! I love the stuff, although dont drink quite that much :eek: ! One thing about drinking pepsi max is that I now thing normal pepsi tastes like ****e, it ust tastes really watery, whatever the 'max' is, im lovin it
    I'm not alone! I thought I was the only one that addicted to Pepsi Max
    Fortunately I get it free at work, so I'm on about 6-10 cans a day during working hours (depending on how long the hours are) and then I have big 2L bottles of it at home as well. Everyone thinks I'm mad though, because I have it as a bed side drink too, none of that water crap .

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    I'm not alone! I thought I was the only one that addicted to Pepsi Max
    Fortunately I get it free at work, so I'm on about 6-10 cans a day during working hours (depending on how long the hours are) and then I have big 2L bottles of it at home as well. Everyone thinks I'm mad though, because I have it as a bed side drink too, none of that water crap .

A.
    You get free pepsi max :eek: :eek: What's you job?!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    you really shouldnt think so negative or its more likely to go that way.

Instead deal with the problems head on, ie find out what parts you think you will fail and sort it!
    (yes i know its easier said than done!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rpotter)
    You get free pepsi max :eek: :eek: What's you job?!!!!!
    Software Developer. There's lots of free snacks and drinks, it's kind of a company tradition now

Couldn't work without the pepsi max though, when I was working at a different place a couple of summers ago I had to bring my own :eek:. They haven't sadly realised the magnificence of cold coffee yet, maybe one day.

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Software Developer. There's lots of free snacks and drinks, it's kind of a company tradition now

Couldn't work without the pepsi max though, when I was working at a different place a couple of summers ago I had to bring my own :eek:. They haven't sadly realised the magnificence of cold coffee yet, maybe one day.

A.
    I want your job :eek: !!!! Minus the software developing bit of course :p:

ReputationRep:
    so basically what you want are the free drinks and snacks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naelse)
    so basically what you want are the free drinks and snacks
    Lets not forget the comfy chair to sit in all day :p:

ReputationRep:
    he didn't say anything about a comfy chair..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naelse)
    he didn't say anything about a comfy chair..
    Well come on he wouldnt be a SOFTware designer if his chair wasn't comfy, some people! :p:

ReputationRep:
    On an unrelated topic to soft chairs an pespi maaaax mmmmmmmmmmmm *dribbles at thought*. Has anyone seen scary movie 4, I think im meant to be seeing it later today and wondered if it is any good?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I pity all you guys doing exams, I'll be thinking of you when Im on some beach in one country or another hehehe sorry I know thats cruel but my exams sucked. I have ME so couldnt revise, my bloke cancelled our holiday without telling me leaving me £400 in debt and then got my best friends little sister pregnant. I'm looking forward to being well away around exam time! erm.... I'm sure there was a point to me saying all that and giving my life story.....oh yeah, if I can do alright with all that going on you'll all be fine!

Don't worry about failing! If you really screw up there's the summer pool so if you're still worrying AFTER exams you can get your begging speech ready! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i'm a waitress and i get free food and drink. and the food costs like a tenenr for pasta, so i take full advantage of eating expensively priced food for free. hehehe.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.