Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    :eek: You know, your probably right! haha. Whats the difference and cant you play snooker on a pool table? excuse my ignorance ragarding this wooowwiee game.
    The difference is in the balls, not the actual table.

If anyone trys to make that dirty I'll give them a very disapproving look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -x- Lici -x-)
    highly constructive...does that include peeing in our thread lol...there were loads of fab films on last night. Noooni...when is your first exam??
    24th of march...STATS!! hehheh. It may be the only exams i am sort of confident about! Out of 10 exams thats not good.
    Iam trying to score really highly on stats so i have a chance to mess up C4 integration. Which there is no doubt i will do.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if lucky is the right word!
    :ditto:

ive been to the RAF station in inverness and i saw lochness!

(8 hours on the train from london:mad: )

ReputationRep:
    Hey everybody,

Ah, finally home after a week long training camp in France. I return with a golden tan (with hints of pinkness ) and a stomach bug . My mum is cooking Easter dinner at this very moment and the smell just makes me queasy.

Done absolutely no work at all let alone revision this holiday and school starts again on Wednesday.

**noooni** i got close to 100% on all my maths modules until I got to C4 and then got a C on that paper...oops. Serves me right for not revising!!

Huh...perhaps thats a lesson i should learn from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Flipside)
    No she's not!
    *is northerner than friendlyneutron*

Weird, I seem to remember having a discussion about Englishers using "northener" so mean people south of us just the other day with miss neutron...
    :confused:

Cherry coke rules.
    Nope! not today you're not, I'm near Jura just now :p:

ReputationRep:
    well, I'm gonna try for the southest person then :p:

ReputationRep:
    highly constructive...does that include peeing in our thread lol...
    Yes, yes it does

ReputationRep:
    Im trying for most easterly person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    The difference is in the balls, not the actual table.
    Nope. Most pool tables are 6 foot by 3 foot, or if American 8 foot by 4 foot. However a snooker table is 12 foot by 6 foot, plus it has a different cloth which is green. Also the pockets are slightly tighter than a pool table. But yes the balls are different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    What ever that table is---i took this pic on my phone :p: .
    It be a pool table, but a bloody nice one *drools*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    Nope! not today you're not, I'm near Jura just now :p:
    Yes, well...
    ...Fine, my normal house is further north than your normal house...

Also; Snooker? I must say, I find pool far more interesting...
    But should point out, it's far better with solids/stripes rather than just red and yellow, the latter's fairly rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Flipside)
    Also; Snooker? I must say, I find pool far more interesting...
    But should point out, it's far better with solids/stripes rather than just red and yellow, the latter's fairly rubbish.
    Nah Pool is crap, you only need like 2 shots to clear up coz the pockets are massive in comparison to the size of the table. Tbh if you pot one of the break ud be dissapointed not to clear up. Whereas snooker, now thats more of a challange...

But I agree with the solid/stripes part of what you say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rpotter)
    Nope. Most pool tables are 6 foot by 3 foot, or if American 8 foot by 4 foot. However a snooker table is 12 foot by 6 foot, plus it has a different cloth which is green. Also the pockets are slightly tighter than a pool table. But yes the balls are different.
    But you get different sizes of snooker table? And what colour are pool tables supposed to be - all the ones I've played on are green?

ReputationRep:
    But you get different sizes of snooker table? And what colour are pool tables supposed to be - all the ones I've played on are green?
    You need to play the game Pool Paradise...it's on the Gamecube, presumably on other platforms too...
    A little sad, perhaps...but it's cheaper, smaller, and far more versatile than an actual pool table, so I thought it was worth it. Besides, it's actually a damn good pool simulator...

ReputationRep:
    A certain person....is rather annoying many threadsters...any guesses who?

ReputationRep:
    You can get smaller versions of snooker tables but they are mini snooker tables. All real snoker tables are 12 by 6. Err well snooker cloth is different to pool cloth and is almost always green, however pool cloth comes in loads of colours, I think american pool cloth is generally purple or red, and pool cloth can be any colour really (green included).

ReputationRep:
    Evenin potter...how are you

ReputationRep:
    Evenin potter...how are you
    You sound like a non-evil Snape :p: . Im fine thanks, and yourself on this wonderful evening?

ReputationRep:
    Aww...thanks for the non-evil bit - will take it as compliment : P

Im good thanks - doing coursework argh!! you?

ReputationRep:
    Aww...thanks for the non-evil bit - will take it as compliment : P

Im good thanks - doing coursework argh!! you?
    I only said you 'sound' like a non-evil snape :p:

Well Im just watching TV, I probably should be doing the mountain of homewk I've left to the end of the holidays, I'll have to do that before I can revise...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.