Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You click on the wee scales sign at the top of their post, next to the warning button. Press "I approve" if you want to pos rep, and "disapprove" if you want to neg rep.

Friday study guilt sucks. I cant wait till these ruddy things are over! Anyone up to anything interesting this weekend or are we all being boring studybugs?

ReputationRep:
    ahhh now i see! thank u aired! have some rep now i know how

EDIT: merci laura as well i will rep later if i can. im being boring boo. i exerted major self control this wekk and missed an eighteenth to study. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    There is not and will never be a disney film to compare to the work of sheer genius that is Aladdin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    There is not and will never be a disney film to compare to the work of sheer genius that is Aladdin.
    Well, the genie is cool. I'll give you that.

Did anyone else watch Green Wing tonight? Highlarious!

ReputationRep:
    i liked the cleverness of aladdin (many years later) that jafar's parrot was named iago- i.e. the name of the villan in othello....:rolleyes: cartoons ARE clever!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    :eek: I love Aladdin!! actually I am obsessed with Disney films in general but Aladdin is one of my favourite,
    I remember when we were younger me and my litter sister memorised all the songs....i still remember it all: o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liz150888)
    i liked the cleverness of aladdin (many years later) that jafar's parrot was named iago- i.e. the name of the villan in othello....:rolleyes: cartoons ARE clever!!
    lol. I am ashamed i only realised that last year while doing cw on Othello. But Iago became good in the cartoon, whereas Shakespear's iago is evil...meh:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aired)
    We're supposed to apply for income assessment, even if our parents earn over whatever amount, so that our college fees are paid for us, right? So that means the deadline is 30th June?
    Oh my lord :eek: don't make me panic! I'd just applied for non-income assessed :eek::eek:

However after some searching...
    (Original post by http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/finance/tuition.html)
    Unlike overseas-fee-status and Islands 1 students, UK or EU students do not have to pay an additional College fee, unless they are studying for a second degree.
    (Original post by http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/international/costs.html)
    All international overseas-fee-status and Islands students, and those UK/EU students who are not certified as eligible in principle for tuition fee support (eg because they are taking a second degree), will normally have to pay College fees in addition to University tuition fees.
    So I'm ok with going non-assessed right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragons_circle)
    Oh my lord :eek: don't make me panic! I'd just applied for non-income assessed :eek::eek:

However after some searching...

So I'm ok with going non-assessed right?
    Yes! But only for the tuition fees and some of the maintanace loan...You wont get any grants.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, no probs, I'm sure that I wouldn't get any grants because my parents earn too much, plus my dad doesn't want to disclose his income. Thanks nooni!

ReputationRep:
    hmmm. The Lion King. If Simba were a real boy I would probably have had a major crush on him. That's pretty weird innit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life_rockz)
    hmmm. The Lion King. If Simba were a real boy I would probably have had a major crush on him. That's pretty weird innit.
    Probably... Don't worry about it though.

Have to say though, Aladdin was pretty damn cool! Don't really remember much from The Lion King to be honest, although I did see it relatively recently in the theatre and it was great (but don't suppose that's quite the same thing).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)

Did anyone else watch Green Wing tonight? Highlarious!
    "Dr Stratham, have you just eaten the patient's gall bladder?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marx)
    Probably... Don't worry about it though.

Have to say though, Aladdin was pretty damn cool! Don't really remember much from The Lion King to be honest, although I did see it relatively recently in the theatre and it was great (but don't suppose that's quite the same thing).
    Same, the i've never remembered much of the lion king- but only because the first time i saw it was at a friends house when i was little and it was in an Egyptian translation....actualy thats the only time i've seen it:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life_rockz)
    Umm..a teeeny tiny bit. But who are we to judge?

-------------------------------------

I was also pretty obsessed with The Little Mermaid...ahh i still love that film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    I was also pretty obsessed with The Little Mermaid...ahh i still love that film.
    I've never seen The Little Mermaid :eek: (looks downwards shamfefully)
    As was said earlier, I was quite into everything Roald Dahl, in fact, at one point I was considering discussing him in my English interview, but thought better of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marx)
    I've never seen The Little Mermaid :eek: (looks downwards shamfefully)
    As was said earlier, I was quite into everything Roald Dahl, in fact, at one point I was considering discussing him in my English interview, but thought better of it.
    Run!! GO FIND A TAPE or download it ....!! You dont know what you've missed out on. :dong: soo dissapointed...

*sings* 'Under da sea......'

ReputationRep:
    Isn't there some big scandal about The Little Mermaid where the priest at the wedding is supposed to have an erection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    Isn't there some big scandal about The Little Mermaid where the priest at the wedding is supposed to have an erection?
    lol! Yes I've heard that too. Disney get away with a lot. Apparently the song lyrics are ' a bit out there' too. '
    Darling its better down where its wetter, take it from me!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    lol! Yes I've heard that too. Disney get away with a lot. Apparently the song lyrics are ' a bit out there' too. '
    Darling its better down where its wetter, take it from me!'
    lol! I love how we only notice these things till about 6 years later and are so shocked. There is *so* much rude stuff in kids tv that just goes over their heads!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.