Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aired)

*slowly turning into rpotter*
    Well it is the *COOL* thing to do. :p:
    ---------------
    I am bored too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not only bored now, but really really hungry... And there's no food in the house except a Dairy Milk variety park that I seem to be slowly munching my way through.

I should sleep. It's nearly 2.30 here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Fairy)
    I'm not only bored now, but really really hungry... And there's no food in the house except a Dairy Milk variety park that I seem to be slowly munching my way through.

I should sleep. It's nearly 2.30 here.
    Unless there is a time difference between london and lancashire :rolleyes: i am guessing your not in England. Where are you my dear?

Am going to sleep. Night.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god... I *may* have got hideously drunk on cocktails last night and told a student I was at Oxford :eek:

To be fair the first question he asked me was 'what college are you at?' and instead of going 'Oh no, actually I'm doing my A-Levels this year and then hopefully going to Cambridge' the correct answer was apparently 'Oriel.' And then he gave me some champagne so I had to stay and have a long conversation about what I study (medicine), what year I was in (first), when my collections finished (Friday), and where I was from (errr.... Cambridge, actually....)

Then I pulled him which is very unlike me and now I'm all embarrassed and hungover

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parsleythelion)
    Oh god... I *may* have got hideously drunk on cocktails last night and told a student I was at Oxford :eek:

To be fair the first question he asked me was 'what college are you at?' and instead of going 'Oh no, actually I'm doing my A-Levels this year and then hopefully going to Cambridge' the correct answer was apparently 'Oriel.' And then he gave me some champagne so I had to stay and have a long conversation about what I study (medicine), what year I was in (first), when my collections finished (Friday), and where I was from (errr.... Cambridge, actually....)

Then I pulled him which is very unlike me and now I'm all embarrassed and hungover
    LOL! Was he at Oxford? I'm hungover as well, and just had an hour with my maths tutor I was not pleased to be me when I woke up this morning.

ReputationRep:

So you live in Oxford and are going to Cambridge in October, but he thought you live in Cambridge and are studying at Oxford? Confusing.

Oh well, at least you pulled!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    Unless there is a time difference between london and lancashire :rolleyes: i am guessing your not in England. Where are you my dear?

Am going to sleep. Night.
    Yeah.. I'm in Rome, not Lancashire at the moment. Probably should clear that one up.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aired)
    So you live in Oxford and are going to Cambridge in October, but he thought you live in Cambridge and are studying at Oxford? Confusing.

Oh well, at least you pulled!
    That's the one. Just saw all the friends I was out with last night (my hockey team, they're all about 30) and got the piss ripped out of me for 2 hours.
    Yeah, he was a PPE student at my mum's old college... Incestuous :eek:

Friendlyneutron: totally read that wrong and thought you had got drunk with your maths tutor. I was thinking he/she sounded very cool! I thought you Scots were supposed to be living a 'monastic lifestyle'... you could jeopardise your entire future you know young lady...

ReputationRep:
    That's the one. Just saw all the friends I was out with last night (my hockey team, they're all about 30) and got the piss ripped out of me for 2 hours.
    Yeah, he was a PPE student at my mum's old college... Incestuous :eek:

Friendlyneutron: totally read that wrong and thought you had got drunk with your maths tutor. I was thinking he/she sounded very cool! I thought you Scots were supposed to be living a 'monastic lifestyle'... you could jeopardise your entire future you know young lady...
    haha, well I'll have you know that the reason for my inebriation was in celebration of finishing studying for the day, but of course I took it a bit too far lol. Organic chem'll do that to you... *******s. I'm sure the mum's college thing is crossing a boundary somewhere, I can't quite put my finger on it though lol.

ReputationRep:
    Laura, Laura, Laura. Always has to take things just one step too far...
    (Pot to kettle: you're black!)

Is anyone else a bit concerned that their study skills aren't really up to a degree (or indeed A-Levels...)? I feel like I've worked really hard this holiday but I've never done more than a few hours a day and haven't got that much done. The problem is, I don't on the whole actually do that much work...

ReputationRep:
    I confused myself before and thought that my core 4 exam was in three weeks (v. worrying as I've done practically no revision for it)! Turns out it's just over 5 weeks away though :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Laura, Laura, Laura. Always has to take things just one step too far...
    (Pot to kettle: you're black!)

Is anyone else a bit concerned that their study skills aren't really up to a degree (or indeed A-Levels...)? I feel like I've worked really hard this holiday but I've never done more than a few hours a day and haven't got that much done. The problem is, I don't on the whole actually do that much work...
    Yup. Apparently this applies to a lot of Oxbridgers though. We'll adapt because we'll have to.

ReputationRep:
    But what do you do with it? You just buy it...and then what? Is anyone allowed to buy it?
    Buy it, then sell it when prices go up again. You have to act through an agent though, and I think you need to be 18+ to do so

ReputationRep:
    lol.
    umm, excuse my ignorance of profit making but how much crude oil does a teenager have to buy to actualy make a profit worth all the hassle for ?
    And where would it be stored, in his room?
    I am missing something
    Well i was actually thinking of investing some of my student loan and some of the free overdrafts from the bank in oil so well at least £1500 id say about 50 barrels (althought the more the better and depends on you much subscription costs as i asked initially) and if you buy it from a commodities broker he'll look after it for you ie its electronic oil you never get to see it!!

I wasnt actually planning on making a real profit from it just a bit of fun really !

I don't on the whole actually do that much work...

Yes im afraid I dont think i got enough done either! (but then again i never do)

ReputationRep:
    I'm another one who belongs to the 'no-work' club. Well, I do do some, but I can't actually sit down and study for more then 2 hours. And then I'll read a book, or go on MSN or something.

I'm hoping that I'll study by necessity... yup, that's it (I hope!!)

ReputationRep:
    ME too....seriously i hardly do that much work im terrified....my friends are so committed and work so so so hard...i dont understand how i manage to do it. Thing is partly why i dont do that much work is that i start and then im too scared to acutally write stuff in case its not good enough

ReputationRep:
    I thought you Scots were supposed to be living a 'monastic lifestyle'... you could jeopardise your entire future you know young lady...
    ha ha no that's just me. altho all other scots/non scots are welcome to join in the fun. *cough* ANYWAY well in hannah that's a great story! and pulling an oxford bloke is an achievement since ur a wannabe tab (right word?). one of my friends once pulled the scottish debating champion-helluva lot of banter.

aired my first exam IS in the three weeks. joyous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liz150888)
    one of my friends once pulled the scottish debating champion-helluva lot of banter.
    Schools or Universities? If schools I should imagine that was Gabriel Brady or Thomas Boston?

ReputationRep:
    Hands up everyone who thinks it's possible to revise a whole module in an hour's free just before a test. :hello: oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aired)
    I confused myself before and thought that my core 4 exam was in three weeks (v. worrying as I've done practically no revision for it)! Turns out it's just over 5 weeks away though :adore:
    :afraid: I have'nt even started looking at C4. I think my exam is on the 15th of june so i have about 7 weeks. :eek:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.