The Student Room Group

Successful Cambridge Applicants Chat - 2006

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1860
sarax
I'm going to go and experiment with haribo and vodka... i will keep you all posted..
what about alcoholic wine gums?

Wine gums arent alcoholic! Oh crap no wonder im nto getting pissed
I once got ID'd trying to buy liqueur chocolates :eek:
Reply 1862
parsleythelion
I once got ID'd trying to buy liqueur chocolates :eek:

oh my God... hahaha, how old were you? If you were over-16 could you not have just said... but its alcohol with a meal!!

ps. are you pembroke-06
Reply 1863
friendlyneutron

Edit: why are all Glasgow schools so bloody incestuous?

I feel quite sad now that none of my friends have been out with this guy :frown: Although I can think of quite a few people who have been out with people/are going out with people from HSOG.. it's the sexy blue uniform that does it, probably.
Oooh anyone in 6th year? It must be the kilts, lol.
Reply 1865
friendlyneutron
Oooh anyone in 6th year? It must be the kilts, lol.

Yeeees.. I can think of one in 6th year and two in 5th year. ALso know a guy in your year who I *think* was/is applying for med, he transferred from our school to yours at the start of fifth year?
If you're from Jhill (which I'm not sure you are) then there are 2 guys who came from there at the start of 6th year - there aren't too many male medical applicants in my year though, I'll have to think.... clues? lol
Reply 1867
friendlyneutron
If you're from Jhill (which I'm not sure you are) then there are 2 guys who came from there at the start of 6th year - there aren't too many male medical applicants in my year though, I'll have to think.... clues? lol

Nup, I'm the non-uniformed school that starts with Hynd and ends in Land. :smile: Cryptic, eh?
Nah this guy would have transferred at the start of fifth year, initals JS. He might not have applied for med in the end though.
sarax
oh my God... hahaha, how old were you? If you were over-16 could you not have just said... but its alcohol with a meal!!

ps. are you pembroke-06

About 14... :redface: But even so, I was like, do you REALLY think I'm sad enough to sit eating these on a park bench to get drunk?? On a Wednesday night??

Same thing happened once with alcoholic mincemeat... so clearly I look like the desperate-alcoholic type...

And yes, A-Levels willing I am off to Pembroke this year :biggrin:
I've been ID'd over liqueur chocs before. Was meant to be Mum's Christmas pressie, but then I had to go over and get Mum to buy them. :mad:
Loocy
Nup, I'm the non-uniformed school that starts with Hynd and ends in Land. :smile: Cryptic, eh?

lol :rofl: i forgot u didnt have a uniform. but i remeber encountering ur school at the european youth parliament once and being like "hyndland? they came all the way from the highlands for this pish??":rolleyes:

ive just remembered i have once been in ur school miss neutron. in fact it was for a pub speaking comp, which we were meant to host, but ur school ended up hosting and later *oh so suspiciously* winning. there was many a dark mutter and grumble among the saints. :wink: i usefully pointed out we could hardly expect to win a comp we wrote the speech for when we got there but this did not go down well. i asked someone at ur school if i could borrow her stopclock and she went ummm ill have to ask my coach. *cue elizabeth giggling* *cue evil look from glasgow uni judge* :rolleyes:

i was gutted we didnt have many of the inter school sixth year pupil exchanges. a loverly set of twins from the hill of fern came...but they are hardly the sexy st als boys i was expecting. *sigh*:wink:
Reply 1871
parsleythelion
About 14... :redface: But even so, I was like, do you REALLY think I'm sad enough to sit eating these on a park bench to get drunk?? On a Wednesday night??

Same thing happened once with alcoholic mincemeat... so clearly I look like the desperate-alcoholic type...

And yes, A-Levels willing I am off to Pembroke this year :biggrin:

wtf is alcohol mincemeat :eek:

lol clearly you do look like the alcoholic type..

yay, grades permitting hopefully I'll see you there, I'll be the one with loadsa packets of haribo and bottles of vodka :biggrin:
Reply 1872
sarahliz12345
I've been ID'd over liqueur chocs before. Was meant to be Mum's Christmas pressie, but then I had to go over and get Mum to buy them. :mad:

lol!

I had to refuse to sell a kid some Soothers at work last week because you have to be 16 to buy them apparently... :rolleyes:
Reply 1873
really you have to be 16 to by soothers, jesus... why?
are you not allowed to have sore throats under the age of 16 these days. that's ridiculous
what is the world coming to??
:eek: :biggrin:
Fair play, some of my best underage highs have been off soothers... :wink:

Oh god, it's true, I'm a hopeless addict. I'd be on the vodka and haribo if I wasn't a vegetarian and they weren't made of gelatine.

And alcoholic mincemeat, y'know, for making mince pies.
Reply 1875
what so as a vegetarian you can eat alcoholic mincemeat but not haribo..???
friendlyneutron
I imagine that vodka ice-cubes would be really nice for some reason!

Would have to get the freezer pretty damn cold, alcohol freezes below 0 no? I am sure I have kept bottles of vodka in freezers to keep them nice and chilly and not had them freeze.
sarax
what so as a vegetarian you can eat alcoholic mincemeat but not haribo..???

Indeed. Mincemeat contains neither mince nor meat :eyeball:, though some of it has lard in it.
JohnStuartMill
Would have to get the freezer pretty damn cold, alcohol freezes below 0 no? I am sure I have kept bottles of vodka in freezers to keep them nice and chilly and not had them freeze.

Year I was going to say that yesterday, Ethanol's melting point is about -114 C I think. But then again Vodka is nowhere near 100% Alc so youve got a chance!
popop12345
Year I was going to say that yesterday, Ethanol's melting point is about -114 C I think. But then again Vodka is nowhere near 100% Alc so youve got a chance!

Stop ruining my dream! :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending