Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does any one have any simple recipes for one?

ReputationRep:
    Buy a pack of frozen chicken breasts and defrost one as needed, cut it into strips and coat with some oilve oil and chopped garlic or ginger or chillis or whatever you like. Leave in the fridge for a while to marinade. Fry up with some sliced courgette and maybe a few mushrooms, or whatever veg you choose and some soy sauce or sweet chilli sauce. Serve with rice or noodles. Yum.

If you want to have something other than pasta and noodles then just get some potatoes and make potato wedges. Cut each one into a few wedge-shaped pieces, coat in some oil and add salt and pepper, or even some paprika and chilli powder, then cook in the oven for half an hour or so. They're super-easy and go with just about anything.

Or get a few jacket potatoes, either stick one in the oven for a couple of hours or microwave for five to ten minutes, depending on how big it is. You can have them with anything - beans, cheese, tuna, salad, bacon, coleslaw...

You can also make basic stuff like spag bol and chilli con carne with a medium-sized pack of mince and just freeze the leftovers so you've got two or three more meals from it.

ReputationRep:
    Go to Domino's Pizza...and order a Farmhouse (Ham, Mushroom and Onions) Yum Yum Yum!

ReputationRep:
    It's all about jacket potatoes. Mmmm!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...208715-7217229

ReputationRep:
    If your bored of pot noodles why not try one of those MacBrain's ****** meals? comes with tatties, mince and peas... I can just hear you spew.

ReputationRep:
    Ask Dan about pasta...he lives, sleeps and breathes it!

ReputationRep:
    Try frying some chicken and then adding one of those Uncle Bens sauces- Sweet and Sour, or a curry sauce. Serve over rice or pasta. Make macaroni cheese. Make chile, or spaghetti. The idea of making double and freezing it is good, I do that sometime. Get pizza. Jacket potato, beans on toast. Cheese on toast!! I always ask my mum for ideas, if I ring her up and tell her what I have in the cupboard, she will usually tell me what I can make from it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Ask Dan about pasta...he lives, sleeps and breathes it!
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Part boil a smallish jacket potato, chop some peppers and tomatoes. When the potatos are soft, cut them into small piece and fry them in oil with mixed herbs and a bit of garlic. Boil a cup full of rice, and put about 4 sausages under the grill. When the potatos are cooked, add the tomatoes and peppers, and some tinned chopped tomatoes and the juice. When the rice is cooked, add the potatos, tomatoes, and peppers to the rice, and chop the sausages and add these too.

My housemate showed me this recipe and its so yum! Have it with a pitta bread and its the perfect meal; cheap, easy and you make so much that it does for tomorrows lunch.

Enjoy
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The Official UKL TSR Recipe Thread

ReputationRep:
    Take up anorexia.

ReputationRep:
    Hi There

I Don't Eat Pot Noodles Or Any Of That ****! Lol!
    I'm Polish, So I Cook Various Of Delisious Healthly Foods.
    Mum Never Showed Me, But I Just Learnt Myself!

ReputationRep:
    I have a few ideas in the "How much do you spend on food" thread. Too lazy to link.

--------------

(Original post by Barbiex)
    Hi There

I Don't Eat Pot Noodles Or Any Of That ****! Lol!
    I'm Polish, So I Cook Various Of Delisious Healthly Foods.
    Mum Never Showed Me, But I Just Learnt Myself!
    And...how was that useful?

ReputationRep:
    Mix one spoon of honey and half a spoon of mustard together, slather it over a raw chicken breast & bake in the oven for about half an hour. Serve with jacket potato and some veggies (or chips if you want to fling it all in the oven lol).

ReputationRep:
    Boil 100g of rice. Fry an onion (spring onion if you can't get a real one) (& a pepper if you can) in a saucepan, tip a can of tomatoes and some shredded ham in. Add salt, pepper, basil and oregano and heat up. If this makes too much sauce, freeze some for another time.
    Risotto!

ReputationRep:
    Oh. As I foreigner I've just started to appreciate the beauty of the cooking sauces on a jar. Like the indian curry ones. Simmer some sliced onion and finely chopped garlic until soft. Add chicken breast fillets in pieces and fry for some time. Add a chopped pepper (chunky pieces) and then the jar of sauce. Boil gently for 5-10 minutes. Serve with rice, salad n yoghurt (especially if the sauce is hot!).

And pasta salad: wash some rocket salad (or other tasty lettuce), boil some pasta, crumble half a pack of feta cheese (not the one in oil, but the one in plastic wrapping), make a vinaigrette from finely chopped garlic, salt (not too much, the feta cheese is quite salt), pepper, balsamico and (olive) oil. Add a chopped pepper, some sundried tomatoes in marinade (or plain tomatoes if you're healthy), and black/purpleish kalamata olives... mmmmhm!

And if you're having instant noodles, do it the "Asian" way, i.e., in a soup. Slice a spring onion and boil it with the water, stock powder and the noodles. (You may even add some lettuce.) Top it with coriander leaves (mmmmhm!) and sesame oil.

Cumin (powder) in the bolognaise. It rocks!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.