Language Schools: CESA? Watch

db
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'm really considering going to language school over the summer, but i can't really afford anything overly long term, no more than 2 months really, although time wise and cost wise, I'm not sure I'd want to spend any longer.

Anyway, CESA is really the only company that I've looked into at any depth, and was just wondering if anyone has gone on any of their schemes or even considered it or has any info on a 'better' company.

thanks

PS I'm thinking of going to somewhere in Germany or Italy, I know some places only cater for certain languages
redstarblueska
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
im going to costa rica for two months over the summer with a company called applelanguages, theyre the same as languagesabroad.co.uk. i looked at cesa as well, but when i rang up apple they were really really helpful and i was able to speak to someone whos stayed at the locations i wanted to go to and gave me lots of advice, so that convinced me to choose them! i think theyre the same price wise as cesa, and i dont know anyone personally whos been with them, but it looked great so i booked it!!
emilie87
Report 12 years ago
I´m in Mexico at the moment doing a language course arranged by Apple languages. It´s so fun! I definitely recommend language courses - they´re a great way to meet people from all over the world and improve your languages hugely. :yy: I´m here in Cuernavaca for two months (óne month left, I´ve already been here 4 weeks) and then I´ve got three weeks in Playa del Carmen on the coast. Mexico is amazing!! Ask me any questions about it - I´m happy to answer them! xxx
redstarblueska
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
wow someone else doing apple languages 2!!thats rly cool - im actually spending a month in costa rica, then a month in playa del carmen so i mite be asking u 4 some advice in june wen i go!!im a little apprehensive atm, im sharing a room with some1, but is it easy to make friends?do most ppl go alone? i think it said the lessons are just in the morning or something, im a little worried im gonna be sitting around on my own all afternoon with nothing to do!!
Mr. Jim
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i just got their brochure this morning!!

i'm looking around for a month volunteering in peru and it's all looking very confusing and rather pricey
:confused:
emilie87
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by redstarblueska)
wow someone else doing apple languages 2!!thats rly cool - im actually spending a month in costa rica, then a month in playa del carmen so i mite be asking u 4 some advice in june wen i go!!im a little apprehensive atm, im sharing a room with some1, but is it easy to make friends?do most ppl go alone? i think it said the lessons are just in the morning or something, im a little worried im gonna be sitting around on my own all afternoon with nothing to do!!
Don't worry - you'll have loads to do!! I've met such good friends here in Mexico, everyone wants to meet people so most people are really open and friendly. The school also organises trips and stuff so it's easy to meet people. The only annoying thing at my school in Cuernavaca is that lots of groups of students from the States come together (i.e. 30+ people in a group) and they tend to stick together and be quite insular. The coolest people I've met are the people who came on their own like me - loads from Switzerland, Germany etc. Do it! You'll have a great time.
stockholm
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Had no experience with such companies, as it's cheaper and more effective to work or study abroad instead. But was definitely tempted! Check out Cactus or EF

www.ef.com (?)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (55)
98.21%
No (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads