Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by md_red_uk)
    We got a very nice house. 4 bedrooms.

£65 a week.
    That's quite expensive, you can get four bedrooms as low as £35. We're looking at a 7 bedroom house for that. Are bills included?

ReputationRep:
    £35 = complete crap.

The house we have got is rather good to be honest and cheaper than Alcuin.

Yes, i appreciate bills.

ReputationRep:
    Only two 7 bedroom places on the housing list? I hope there's more than that this time, I've heard quite a few people say they want a 7.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Houses for 4 or 5 people are most common. You might get the odd larger place, but they are fairly unusual I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Super Villain)
    Only two 7 bedroom places on the housing list? I hope there's more than that this time, I've heard quite a few people say they want a 7.
    Well, first come first serve.

Fight to the death.

ReputationRep:
    There will probably be more than 2, that was just when i got mine! Unfortunately I doubt my landlord will actually tell me when he is putting it up for next year but i would guess very near the start! And £65 a week is more than Alcuin when you factor in the 52 week contract, I pay £60 a week (paid 58 last year) and it works out at about £1000 more expensive than James (en-suite) was in my first year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alastair)
    There will probably be more than 2, that was just when i got mine! Unfortunately I doubt my landlord will actually tell me when he is putting it up for next year but i would guess very near the start! And £65 a week is more than Alcuin when you factor in the 52 week contract, I pay £60 a week (paid 58 last year) and it works out at about £1000 more expensive than James (en-suite) was in my first year!
    That goes without saying; every contract is going to be for a 52 week let, so it is something we have to accept.

I was making a comparison to my accommodation now.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    That goes without saying; every contract is going to be for a 52 week let, so it is something we have to accept.

I was making a comparison to my accommodation now.
    Not all will be some may be only 11 or 10 months long as some are like early September to early July. Though I'd say it is best to get one for the full 12 months.

ReputationRep:
    Sinclairs may not have offered you some houses as they have probably had too much interest in them. There is no need for them to show 30 groups round a house as it will probably be taken within the first few. I think they usually limit the houses with around 6-8 groups and with rumour has it over 600 groups on their list then they will need more houses than they have at present.

ReputationRep:
    We got a very nice house. 4 bedrooms.

£65 a week.
    SHHHHHHHHHISH.

ReputationRep:
    Housing lists are out tomorrow for anyone after a house, I think you'll be suprised how many houses there are, dont forget not every landlord advertises in the first week (although mine is)

ReputationRep:
    In an interesting update, we looked at a 5 bedroom house in Osbaldwick this morning. Absolutely awesome. Tears will be shed if we don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    Was that no.34 by any chance? Because that's a fine house indeed!

ReputationRep:
    Have you looked around it? We are now rivals. When'd you see it?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't no. Didn't manage to arrange a viewing in time due to the estate agent people being seriously lame. But I reckon I've walked past it a couple of times and the website makes it out to be real quality.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmmm. I think we were possibly the first group to view it, and I called Sinclair "expressing our interest" basically as soon as we were out of the door. Now just have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    If you're quick you should get it (lucky sod) but be warned: it took them 3 days to "get back to me" last time I phoned them. Fortunately the office is in Heslington so you can just go in and suplex them if they mess about.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they are a bit poor with 'getting back' etc, but to be fair they must have loads of people to deal with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bohemianthinker)
    That's quite expensive, you can get four bedrooms as low as £35. We're looking at a 7 bedroom house for that. Are bills included?
    35 quid, what the christ? I can only assume that the location and/or the house are horrible. Maybe.
    We've claimed a very nice 5 bedroom just off Hes Road-ish, decent price, and the same landlord as we've had this year, who's awesome.
    Word to the wise - Sinclair's are really pretty poor. I'd try and find individual landlords, myself.

ReputationRep:
    Did you use the uni housing list to find yours then?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.