Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Noooo, I think we used the internet to find our landlord originally. The housing list is meant to be pretty good though. You could give http://www.igproperty.co.uk/ a go as well, apparently they're alright. I'd also be on the lookout for all the phone numbers you can get, there's Student Property signs all over the place.
    If anyone's after a 6 bedroom, I can put them in contact with my landlord, it's the one I'm living in right now, very shiny and new, just ask.

ReputationRep:
    You could possibly give http://www.studentgaffs.co.uk/ a go as well. Frankly, the name alone puts me off (that's just my silly predjudices though ), and I don't know anyone who's got one, but everything's worth a try. Just keep phoning people, things'll come up.

ReputationRep:
    What's your beef with Sinclair?

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who cares the York housing list is now on the net, click on departments/accomodation office/Pricate Sector List. Seem like a lot of houses!

ReputationRep:
    Sinclairs are just generally crap. They're lovely and nice before you sign, and then after that they couldn't care less. Takes them forever to sort anything out if something goes wrong.
    You've also got to put up with termly inspections (they don't let you put posters up and things like that).

An individual landlord would be a much better idea as any problems will probably be sorted out pretty quickly + you know who you're dealing with. Another website to look at is www.yorkstudenthouses.co.uk - expensive (price doesn't include bills!) but everyone that has used them that I know raves about them and the quality of their houses means that they're probably the best student houses available. Only problem is because of this the houses are usually snapped up before Christmas!

Check the Uni housing list before signing with sinclairs - you'll probably find something better

ReputationRep:
    Now I am awake here is the Link to the housing list. Just change the search to 01/07 and try and book viewings as soon as possible, they will go quickly and most are left up to current tenants in which case they could probably do as early as this afternoon!

ReputationRep:
    We have now have a seven bedroom b*stard house, £64 rent per week bills included. Tis massive, everyone can come to a house warming party next year

ReputationRep:
    Nice one! Where is it and how did you acquire it?

ReputationRep:
    We also signed a contract today for a buff-ting 5 bed in south Osbaldwick, not far off Hull Road. Not the Sinclairs one, it's with this individual landlord who seems to be a bit of a hero, 'Richard Haskayne'.

ReputationRep:
    Where did you find that? The uni housing list seems to have quite a few 5-bed ones at the moment, but it's hard to tell what's any good.

ReputationRep:
    Nice one! Where is it and how did you acquire it?
    South Bank area, and I don't have a ****ing clue. Blind luck probably. It's a brilliant house, so the only downside is that I have to live with bohemianthinker (I get a cheaper room, hahahaa)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy Cycling)
    Where did you find that? The uni housing list seems to have quite a few 5-bed ones at the moment, but it's hard to tell what's any good.
    Certainly is. The one we actually took wasn't on the housing list yet. We were viewing one off the list on Heslington Road, but the geezer was fairly honest with us and said we were unlikely to get it but he had a newer house in Osbaldwick, then asked if we wanted to go 'check it out' there and then. So we did.

Five bedrooms, absolutely phat lounge leading on to an open plan decent sized kitchen, large private garden which is going to be particularly decent in the summer, huge garage. Kiss kiss bang bang.

ReputationRep:
    Crap, sounds like you're living quite close to me...
    Super Villain - I really sympathise, Bohemianthinker is quite disgusting generally.

ReputationRep:
    Where are you living?

ReputationRep:
    House in Osbaldwick - can't remember the street. The description of your house sounds quite similar to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    Super Villain - I really sympathise, Bohemianthinker is quite disgusting generally.
    That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me

(Original post by Super Villain)
    South Bank area, and I don't have a ****ing clue. Blind luck probably. It's a brilliant house, so the only downside is that I have to live with bohemianthinker (I get a cheaper room, hahahaa)
    Hey! Remember, I know where you live...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    Me too, you poor, poor person.

also, I haven't actually started looking..... does that mean I'm not going to get a good house? I hope not!! :O

ReputationRep:
    I have a house now.
    It's nice!

ReputationRep:
    Where is it?

ReputationRep:
    On this street:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...le=5000&icon=x

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.