The Student Room Logo
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
This thread is closed

UCL Offers 2006

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Probably then, they mean they want you to pass either Accounting or Business Studies whichever you don't get the A in.
Safest thing would still be to just email them, if you're really unsure....it won't hurt...
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 61
my chinese fren-got offer for economics, went to the open day in half term..
Anthropology
Offer (14 french baccalaureat with 15 in english, 15 in bio or geography and 12 in maths)
Reply 63
Course: History V100
Conditions: A in German re-sit and an authenticated copy of my reference:rolleyes:
Thinking of accepting?: Not really - King's has a better rep for history than UCL - also if I get an offer from St Andrews then forget London!
Reply 64
I'm guessing your a post-A level applicant, EamonnHF....bit strange about the authenticated reference? DOes this usuallly happen, or do they just think you're not trustworthy? Hehe you must have one hell of a reference!

COngrats you and sl 6789 in any case, and everyone else so far!
Reply 65
Yeah, congrats everyone!
Reply 66
FarEastGerman
I'm guessing your a post-A level applicant, EamonnHF....bit strange about the authenticated reference? DOes this usuallly happen, or do they just think you're not trustworthy? Hehe you must have one hell of a reference!

COngrats you and sl 6789 in any case, and everyone else so far!

They mustn't trust me... those paranoid bastards!:mad: :biggrin:
Reply 67
Name : HellBoy :wink:
Course: Computer Science
Offer : ABB :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Conditions: A in Maths, B in Biology and English Lit
course: Ancient History and egyptology
offer: A in History AB in chemistry and english literature, any order

Im soo annoyed tho, cos my predicted grades were AAB, but the B is in History, which I'll be lucky to get, and I HAVE to get an A to get in, and I want to go to London soooooooooo much, but I just dont think I'll be able to manage it :'(
my first post on here, am hoping to find out some stuff about the accommodation, so personal experiences would be much appreciated..
After a (pretty strained, ebarrassing) interview for anthropology, ive been offered AAB in art, english lang and psychology. i will therefore have to give up my social life for the next few months, because even tho i was predicted all a's at the start of the year, my current position leaves me in doubt. loved ucl though, infact i love london so im sure my determination will bring me through.
Reply 70
Well well done georgiapatience first of all....your interview can't have been that awful if you got an offer!
I have fear for meeting my (killer) AAA offer as well. History i feel alright with, i did quite well in my AS modules, but i tremble at the thought of French. And French literature...
SO yeah maybe it's normal to fret. What might help in moments of weakness is looking over all that UCL material again, the offer letter, telling yourself 'This is real!'. hehe
Having said that i should go off and study for mocks....'I can do it!', hehe

Good luck over and over again to everyone else here (including me)
Accomodation? It's mostly who you live with and that is pot luck. Whatever accomodation you end up in, you adjust and call it home in the end...
Reply 72
eh? Accommodation? Who said anything about accommodation here?
(Shakes confused head in confusion)
And yeah it's not as if we have a choice, either the accommodation UCL gives you or living alone. And that's nothing i'd like to do in my first year...
Newbie ... but just got my UCL offer :biggrin:

Course: MSci Chemistry with a European Language
Offer: BBB
Conditions: B in both Chemistry and German, and a B in either Human Biology or History.

So pleased! UCL has been my first choice ever since I applied. Roll on September! (as long as I get those grades!)
Reply 74
Just got in for ESPS w/ German!!!

the conditions is 14 overall on my french bac, with at least 14.5 in german, 15 in History/Geography (only one subject in france), and 10 in maths, as well as 14 in english. Maths and english won't be a problem, nor will (i think) the overall "mention bien".

But The german will be a challenge. And Although I usually score 17/18 in History and geography, 15 is still quite high on one only subject. If something goes wrong in the History geography exam, it's going to be tough.

I'll probably take UCL as my firm though. And have KCL my insurance. I'm desperate to go to London.
English AAA :biggrin:
I just got an offer for French and Philosophy AAB - A in French, AB in others. I'm so relieved!! Don't know why they gave me an offer though, I was completely lost in my philosophy interview. I heard from them earlier than expected as well, now I won't have to glance furtively around the door for letters anymore/obsessively check Track!
Reply 77
modern langs - french and spanish
ABB
Reply 78
Ah yes the good old days of obsessing about UCAS track...how long ago does that seem by now!
Well done everyone!
Reply 79
I now have unconditional offers for French and Italian and French and Russian (how many ands?). Woo.

Latest

Latest