Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, I say you make one.

ReputationRep:
    no i shant.

ReputationRep:
    Online Mensa tests

I'm afraid that you'll have to face a Mensa I.Q. test against the clock, at a given venue, however; there'd be no proof as to who had done it, and under what conditions, otherwise. There are venues throughout the UK (at places such as universities and hotels), so no-one should have to travel far. The headquarters are actually in Wolverhampton; I'm sure many have noticed the irony in this.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it'd be very hard to get into... I've never tried but I know a girl at College who is a member and she isn't the brightest person I've met or anything.

ReputationRep:
    Mensa rang me... almost begged me to join... Said they'd give me £100 to sign up... I said no. Felt very good.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, of course...

ReputationRep:
    What are the benefits of being a member? Other than being able to say "I'm a member of MENSA" of course.

ReputationRep:
    well thats the only real benefit i have found. They say it is a sort of forum to interact with people who are like you, but I have never done that of course. But yes, it does look good on ones CV.

ReputationRep:
    To me, joining Mensa is on a par with buying books on Sudoku.

If you're intelligent, your time's better spent achieving something that demonstrates the ability to put your skills into practice, rather than joining the terribly clichéd 'society'.

ReputationRep:
    I think the real IQ test comes when they ask you for money.....

ReputationRep:
    Why is it such a surprise to people that Mensa charge? How else do they suppose a foundation of such great a size is funded? How many societies can anyone think of that don't charge membership fees?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.