Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Apparantly the government has deceided to change the age of consent to drive to18 rather than the current age of 17 in December 07.

ReputationRep:
    are they jst thinking about changing a stupid thing like that or are they actually going to do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMHNightfox)
    Athe age of consent to drive to18
    What if you're forced to do it though?

ReputationRep:
    Is this not an ongoing false rumour made up to piss young teenagers off? I've heard this loads of times...

ReputationRep:
    The "Driving Instructor of Theory" that my driving class had at my local Sixth Form last term used to work in the Government's "Department of Transport" area and stated that the Government have been thinking to change the age of driving for a long time now, but have not done so as of yet... He stated that every year he gets many people asking him if the driving age will be lowered or raised and he said that for now it will not be changed, so treat it as a rumour, while it also takes a while (i.e. a couple of years) for the change to be implement, so I would have to disagree with your statement, unless you have some specific evidence which in that case would prove my "teacher" wrong! lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    Its not happening...its just one of those rumours.

ReputationRep:
    source? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    This is a rumour. Check out www.2pass.co.uk, then check out the rumours.

ReputationRep:
    I wish that our driving laws were as strict as yours when it comes to getting your license. It is so easy to get your license here compare to there. And, there are some IDIOTS that get their licenses here, too. It makes the roads so unsafe.

ReputationRep:
    following on from what Rusty33 just said, when I passed my test on thursday, the examiner gave me a 'drive on!' DSA magazine... It says that in some American state (south dakota, i think), you can drive at 14 and that 80% of 14 year old's pass first time.

How easy must that test be?

ReputationRep:
    f it were happening, which it probobally isnt, i wouldnt care cause I am 18...

ReputationRep:
    nov 07 i'll be 19. I'm 17 now and can't be bothered to drive. Insurance is a rip off and since parents aren't coffing up i'll guess i need a job which i also can't be bothered. So it looks like the bus will have to do.

ReputationRep:
    this is a rumor as far as i know

ReputationRep:
    you can drive at 14 and that 80% of 14 year old's pass first time.

How easy must that test be?
    Here in Mexico I didn't have to do a test to get my license at 16. Actually, there's a new policy that says if you don't get it in 15 minutes it's free! (Usually there's a fee around 10 pounds). I just had to fill out a form and bring some papers and my mother along. I had it, alas, in 7 minutes, warm and ready.

And then if you saw how my classmates drive... I hope there was a tough exam.

ReputationRep:
    doesnt bother me.

ReputationRep:
    They'd piss a lot of people off by changing the age. The people who would have to wait a year to learn because they were born one day too late. Wow, feel the anger. Oh well, I'm nearly 20 and already have a full licence, so I guess it won't affect me, or anyone I know.

ReputationRep:
    It's the same rumour that gets realised every year to annoy 16 year olds, its been done every year for the last 3 as far as i know. It won't happen in the near future, the government is too busy with stuff that is actually important.

ReputationRep:
    yup, agree with elipsis, that rumour went round when i was in year 12 (and still 16) and i remember when i was in year 13, my 16 year old friends were panicing about not being able to drive till they were 18 etc.....

ReputationRep:
    yeah a driving instructor came to our school and told us that... idiot... and then he casually happened to mention that he was offering driving lessons, like if we didn't get them now it'd be too late...

ReputationRep:
    Even if it was true I am a month too old for their silly laws to affect my driving, my inability to drive will have to be me reason not to get a licence now. I think I read a while ago on some government website that it was all lies so that is good for you people who will be affected. I shouldn't have stirred my tea with a pencil.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.