Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is too hard.

The hazard test, that's a killer.

Don't think I'll be passing any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC24)
    Is too hard.

The hazard test, that's a killer.

Don't think I'll be passing any time soon.
    the best way to do is to practise on a CD which u can buy from WHSmith.

ReputationRep:
    Have you been on the road yet?

I found that the best way is to develop your hazard perception into a habit of driving with the aid of you instructors. Professional instructors will try to push you into getting into a habit of recognising hazards.

--------------

oh by the way I don't think I wouldv'e passed the haz pcp part of the test if my instructor didnt constantly push me into the habit of constantly scanning the road.

ReputationRep:
    SOOO EASY. most of its common sense. basically buy the cd and learn the answers and hazard perception if fine aswell harder, but still easy just click

ReputationRep:
    Work with the CD by the DSA; they are very good (The DSA sets the tests anyway). Make sure you read the highway code as well

ReputationRep:
    By driving insructor sold me a book with the question bank in so when it came to my test I had seen all the questions before which was great.

For the HP - buy a CD or two and practise, practise, practise!

ReputationRep:
    theory is (mostly) pretty easy and commonsense, i.e.

Q7. Which of these shouldn't you do on the motorway?

A. Use mirrors correctly.
    B. Be aware of your speed.
    C. Take regular rest breaks to aid concentration.
    D. Drink beer.

Some of the questions are seriously that obvious. However, ones related to stopping distances and precise figures (such as it takes 44ft, say, to stop at 30mph) need to be learnt.

Big tip for the hazard (I got 11 marks over the pass mark): click as soon as you see any hazard, and then click again two seconds later. This means that if you clicked slightly too early for the computer to recognise the mark boundary, you'll still get a 3 or a 4 (out of 5) for the 2nd click.

hope that is of help.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    i passed on my 17th birthday felt so wicked!

ReputationRep:
    I just went through the question bank on the GSP driving test cd- pretty much any question that could come up comes up, and because they come up three or four times each (just worded differently) you learn it too. Seems to have worked anyway- got 35 on the test today :P I think pretty much all the practise CDs do this, so you end up with questions you've seen before in the test, and if you use the BSM CD, they're laid out exactly the same too! Makes it a lot less stressful...

Hazard perception, get one of the test videos and make sure you click when you first see what could possibly be a hazard, and then when it develops. Like SaccarZD said before, it's probably a good idea to click twice- on practise ones I was missing marks for clicking too early (before the hazard had really developed...). It must work- in the real thing I got 18 marks over a pass!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've got the CD, but still finding it too hard, especially the hazard test, stupid thing.

Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Which hazard perception CD do you have? I used the BSM and Driving Success ones, and found the actual test much easier than those- it was much easier tell what was going to happen.

What sort of marks are you getting on them at the moment? Are you just clicking too late, or missing the hazards altogether?

ReputationRep:
    I agree about the test being much easier than those on the CD-ROM. The clips are much shorter and the hazards a little more obvious. Also you have more concentration when doing the real thing because of the surroundings. I used to find doing 14 clips in a row so boring! On the driving success ones try just doing the practice tests containing just 3 clips. At the end of them it takes you through the clip showing you the scoring for it and when you clicked. I hardly ever passed the mock tests on there but still passed the hp part of the theory (only by 4 marks tho!). I can understand why your finding it so difficult, but don't despair!

ReputationRep:
    how long did you wait before you took the theory test because i think i should book for it soon (iv heard it gets pretty booked up)

also, can i clarify that the best way to prepare is to read the highway code and get some sort of cd with the hazard perception tests and a question bank of all the possible questions

ReputationRep:
    Just been out doing a bit of driving again, and definitely feeling more confident now. I think I'll start lessons in the coming weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alison_141288)
    how long did you wait before you took the theory test because i think i should book for it soon (iv heard it gets pretty booked up)

also, can i clarify that the best way to prepare is to read the highway code and get some sort of cd with the hazard perception tests and a question bank of all the possible questions
    i'm in birmingham i had to book mine two weeks in advance, but then again i wanted a specific date they usually have dates within like a week.

ReputationRep:
    Thats the bit that seperates the two sides of the carriage way... .i.e it seprates the oncoming traffic from the traffic going in the opposite direction...

I know its a very unclear explanation ... Hope the picture helps

It's the bit dividing one side of the carriageway from the other

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.