The Student Room Group

Taking A-Level sciences, will BTec Applied Science have prepared me?

Chemistry, biology, physics and maths?

Good options for a psychiatrist?
Reply 1
Original post by GrantDGilly

Original post by GrantDGilly
Chemistry, biology, physics and maths?

Good options for a psychiatrist?

Yeah they're good options, however I wouldn't advise taking all three sciences and Maths! As that is a hell of a lot of work! I would look at other options in place of Physics and I have heard from a few people that Med schools like to see a contrasting subject (as in not any of the sciences or Maths) so it could work in your favour.

Have you taken BTEC science at GCSE? Because that's where I think you'll hit difficulties, because all med schools require at least double science.
Reply 2
Original post by tobnot
Yeah they're good options, however I wouldn't advise taking all three sciences and Maths! As that is a hell of a lot of work! I would look at other options in place of Physics and I have heard from a few people that Med schools like to see a contrasting subject (as in not any of the sciences or Maths) so it could work in your favour.

Have you taken BTEC science at GCSE? Because that's where I think you'll hit difficulties, because all med schools require at least double science.

Yes that's all, I'm taking GCSE Science during my A-Levels as my school made it compulsory for sets below 1 +2 to take BTec although I shoulda been in set 2 due to a mix up. I cant move sets now as the final resit exam is tomorrow. The kid who i got mixed up with is getting Us when I couldve easily gotten Bs! It makes my blood boil...
Reply 3
As actually! Not Bs.
Reply 4
As for thr subjects. Biology, chemistry, French (providing I get a good grade)'and history (providing I get a good grade) and other possibilties: English Literature (A* GCSE student) - I also am interested in becoming a journalist! But psychiatry seems more appealing for some reason - despite the fact I have had a lifelong dream for being a journo!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending