The Student Room Group

Lost 93lbs (Before + after pics!)

Scroll to see replies

screw the idiots on this site, youve done a fantastic job and rightly deserve to be proud of yourself, well done
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
that is one hell of a transformation. Imagine what 72 pounds of fat must look like, it could probably fill a wheelbarrow.

I know, someone sent me a picture of a dog when I'd lost 50lbs that apparently weighed that much.. the thing was huuuge!

Original post by Harry.K
Wow, that's amazing, well done :smile:. How long did it take you to lose 72 lbs?

Thank you :-). The first photo was on Jan 1st this year, the second was last week :-).
Reply 62
Well done! You look gorgeous :smile: Good luck on getting to your goal weight.
Reply 63
goodjob!
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I know, someone sent me a picture of a dog when I'd lost 50lbs that apparently weighed that much.. the thing was huuuge!

well congrats, you've probably extended your life by about 20 years.
Congrats, that's an awesome achievement!
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
well congrats, you've probably extended your life by about 20 years.

I know, it's amazing when you think about it like that. I just feel so much healthier in every way.
Well done!! :smile:
Reply 68
Well done! :smile:
Thank you :-). The first photo was on Jan 1st this year, the second was last week :-).

:nooo: No way!! That's insane! You look sensational :biggrin:
you look totally awesome. I've told you before anyway you're my inspiration :biggrin: Well done chuck keep at it, you can reach your goal I know you can.
Well done you amazing job !!! :biggrin:
Congrats.....keep up the great work OP :biggrin: :yy:
Reply 73

woah losing over 5 stone in 11 months is exceptional. :borat:
Reply 74
Lol thanks! :biggrin:

Ooh I'd love to do that. Makes me feel incredibly sad when people turn to surgery because they simply don't believe in themselves.

Thank you :-). People who haven't seen me for years are a bit shocked. Those around me are all very supportive. I get a lot of comments on Facebook (they get spammed with photos all the time lol) saying how amazing I look etc. It's encouraging to know that all these people are behind me, even though I don't know most of them!

Thank you EVERYONE for your kind words. If I'd known everyone would be this nice, I would have done it YEARS ago!

You know what, after reading your post i finally decided to get off my butt and join the gym. I start tomorrow :biggrin:
Keep it up! So good to see people taking control of their life and succeeding!
JUST WOW! You look AMAZING! You ought to be damn proud of yourself.
Must've took a lot of hard work and effort.
:smile: x
First of all, congratulations! Inspiring effort! Don't get me wrong, as I'm seriously impessed, but did you have some kind of plastic surgery as I imagine there was a lot of skin which was needed back when you weighed more?
Well done! You look great :smile: x
Okay this is more for my own records than anything else so I have things to link to in my blog, but thought I might as well share with you guys!

I know there are a lot of people out there wanting to know how to lose weight, or knowing they should but lacking the motivation.

Let me tell you a little bit about me, just quickly. I've always been big. The photo that is my "before" photo isn't me at my biggest. There's probably a difference of around 4 stone between the two photos. The bigger ones are just too upsetting for me to look at, never mind post for the world to see.

Just wanted to post these to show you that it can be done. I still have a while to before my goal weight, but if anyone wants to see pics at that point (assuming I get there) I shall post those as well when the time comes. Either in this thread or I'll make another as it'll be long dead by then.

Here is the photo. Do excuse the "after" photo face.. that's my "I can't concentrate on holding the camera still and smile at the same time" face :P.

You can tell the most difference on my waist. You can tell the difference in my face, too, but not on that particular photo. There are plenty more on my blog (link in sig) if you're interested.

Also incase you're interested, the "before" photo are size 20 jeans and size 18 top. The "after" photo is a size 12 dress (although it is a big size 12, I'm under no illusions that I'm *actually* at an average size 12 just yet) from George at Asda.

Spoiler

As for HOW I lost the weight, there really is no secret. I stopped eating rubbish and started exercising. But I am incredibly proud of myself, as I've struggled with my weight since I was young, and I'm so proud that I've managed to do something positive about it this time.

I know I'll probably get some idiots posting comments like "but you're still ugly" (yes, I've had PMs saying that lol some people are lovely!!) but if this thread can motivate even one person, or give them a little push towards making them a healthier person, then it was worth posting.

You're Phenomenal you are. -72lbs in 11months!
You look really great :smile:
May I ask you how much exercise you did on a daily basis and your calorie intake? x

Quick Reply

Latest