Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    manchester :dancing: :2012: <<<excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    I love Manchester, and thus keep it on webcam at all times:

Oh wow I was on that street earlier see if you'd have been paying attention you would've seen me :p:

ReputationRep:
    oooh i didn't realise....well it's only the shoutbox.

as for the Manchester webcam:

download and install http://widgets.yahoo.com/

then http://widgets.yahoo.com/gallery/view.php?widget=37723

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    oooh i didn't realise....well it's only the shoutbox.

as for the Manchester webcam:

download and install http://widgets.yahoo.com/

then http://widgets.yahoo.com/gallery/view.php?widget=37723
    Is there one for london by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I went to manchester open day in September last year; the city is just awesome! I think that was the greatest incentive I had to apply there.

ReputationRep:
    But did you SEE the TREE?? That is the question!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dimez)
    Oh yeah, I went to manchester open day in September last year; the city is just awesome! I think that was the greatest incentive I had to apply there.
    hey Dimez!

http://widgets.yahoo.com/gallery/ind...london&x=0&y=0

and you're leaving London village to come to a real city? Good on you. I love Manchester so much :love:

ReputationRep:
    The thing about Manchester its not about prettyness, although it does have some wonderful buildings. To me its about the people, the shops, the nightlife, the excitement etc.

There is a wonderful sense of pride in Manchester and that helps to make it a wonderful city.

Birmingham seemed pretty dull in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW)
    But did you SEE the TREE?? That is the question!!

Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Yes.
    No sh*t?? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    manchester's awesome. i love it.

ReputationRep:
    It's all about mocking the kids that hang around the Urbis building.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here been to the Trafford shopping centre in Manchester? What are the prices like in the clothes, music and stationery/book shops there as compared to exactly the same shops elsewhere?

--------------

(Original post by girl afraid)
    Why? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girl afraid)
    ***** you, to put it nicely!! ^o)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    Has anyone here been to the Trafford shopping centre in Manchester? What are the prices like in the clothes, music and stationery/book shops there as compared to exactly the same shops elsewhere?

--------------
    its mainly chain stores so the prices are exactly the same. H&M, HMV, Debenhams etc in the trafford centre have the same prices as their other stores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessa)
    its mainly chain stores so the prices are exactly the same. H&M, HMV, Debenhams etc in the trafford centre have the same prices as their other stores.
    :cool: Do you think that the low prices from the January sales might continue on into February there? :p: Um, I've never been into H&M before because there hasn't been one from around where I live, but I do like some of their clothes. Do you or anyone else know what the average price of a dress, top, skirt etc is in there? And do they also sell shoes, jewellery and accessories? Just want to know as I want to go there when I go to Manchester, which is soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    :cool: Do you think that the low prices from the January sales might continue on into February there? :p: Um, I've never been into H&M before because there hasn't been one from around where I live, but I do like some of their clothes. Do you or anyone else know what the average price of a dress, top, skirt etc is in there? And do they also sell shoes, jewellery and accessories? Just want to know as I want to go there when I go to Manchester, which is soon.
    probably, i havent been there in the sales but the shops are quite large so might still have a sale-rail or two knocking around. H&M is my favourite shop, cause its cheap, and so am i. you can get basic tops for under £10, they have loads of cute tshirts and stuff. they have lots of dresses for anything between 20 and 50 quid (that would be if it were pure silk or something). i bought a really cute gold skirt for £15, and a black backless lacy dress for £20 for new years eve. my whole wardrobe is H&M. they also have lots of great jewellery and bags. they dont do many shoes but i think some bigger stores do a couple of styles. they do flip flops in the summer. its very good. you should have a look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessa)
    probably, i havent been there in the sales but the shops are quite large so might still have a sale-rail or two knocking around. H&M is my favourite shop, cause its cheap, and so am i. you can get basic tops for under £10, they have loads of cute tshirts and stuff. they have lots of dresses for anything between 20 and 50 quid (that would be if it were pure silk or something). i bought a really cute gold skirt for £15, and a black backless lacy dress for £20 for new years eve. my whole wardrobe is H&M. they also have lots of great jewellery and bags. they dont do many shoes but i think some bigger stores do a couple of styles. they do flip flops in the summer. its very good. you should have a look.
    That's good to know! I'll definitely check it out- it'll be the highlight of my visit. :p: I quite like the emerald dresses featured in a magazine advertisement. Do they do make-up too? Because in the magazine pic I really likes the emerald nailvarnish. Are the sizes pretty much the same in there as other chainstores? Do you know the smallest size that they go down to?

ReputationRep:
    nooooo, the only problem with h&m is the sizing is appaling! you have to try stuff on, especially dresses and stuff cause they vary so wildly. and if you are short forget about their trousers cause they are made for giants. i think they go down to a 6 in some clothes, and they often come up small. they do make-up in a lot of stores now, its quite cool.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh? Sorry, just looked at the magazine advert of clothes that I like and they're actually from Harvey Nichols instead, not H&M! I tend to get them mixed up having not been to either of them. :p: :rolleyes: Um, I know that there isn't a Harvey Nichols in the Trafford centre because I checked on the website but do you know stuff about Harvey Nichols to all the questions that i asked about H&M? :confused: Sorry btw.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.