Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    STOP TALKING ABOUT SHOPPING IT'S BORING :mad:

anyone been on the wheel at Exchange Square? I loved it; went on at twilight and Manchester looked stunning, like in the end of the video to Keep What Ya Got by Ian Brown.

I miss Manchester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    STOP TALKING ABOUT SHOPPING IT'S BORING :mad:

anyone been on the wheel at Exchange Square? I loved it; went on at twilight and Manchester looked stunning, like in the end of the video to Keep What Ya Got by Ian Brown.

I miss Manchester
    I would, but I quite frankly refuse to pay the price

ReputationRep:
    How much is it??

Is it up n running now??

*formulates plan*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW)
    How much is it??

Is it up n running now??

*formulates plan* :g:
    according to my webcam it's still there

It's £5 per person but you get like 15 minutes and a good few laps of the wheel. I thought it was awesome.

ReputationRep:
    i havent been, i am far too scared of heights and it looks like it goes awfully fast. id rather experience manchester from the ground thanks.

last shopping thing (promise) for elements, speaking of exhange square, it is the site of harvey nics! it is very posh and nice, but it is mostly pricey (and therefore theoretically good quality) designer stuff. there is also selfridges right next to it which is my favourite shop in the world. but they are both a bit expensive. i cant remember if there's a harvey nics in the trafford centre but there is definitely a selfridges. shopping is better in town anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    That wheel's huge when you're standing right next to it :eek:

ReputationRep:
    my two friends went on the wheel they said it was really good. One managed to press the emergency button, thinking it would stop the woman talking. Theres meant to be an amazing view. Im off to manchester at 10 infact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    That wheel's huge when you're standing right next to it :eek:
    But it takes up valuable walking space to get into Selfridges :p:

ReputationRep:
    i suppose. I dont usually go into selfridges. Far to poor. Its huge when you see it up close.

ReputationRep:
    I take it that us Londoners are supposed to be impressed by that big wheel :p:

Seriously, Manchester is amazing and some of the new buildings even look nice

ReputationRep:
    I was sick on the wheel :blush: Not that I'm afraid of heights, it was just that it was freezing cold when we were at the top and I was hungry.

Manchester is a fantastic City I'm glad I live so near it.

ReputationRep:
    I can stand (almost) everything about Manchester, bar the football teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    hey Dimez!

http://widgets.yahoo.com/gallery/ind...london&x=0&y=0

and you're leaving London village to come to a real city? Good on you. I love Manchester so much :love:
    Heh heh, i wouldn't say I live in a small village in London, in fact, I live in an area nearly as big and vibrant as manchester, but i'd have to admit; the same cannot be said about the people sadly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dimez)
    Heh heh, i wouldn't say I live in a small village in London, in fact, I live in an area nearly as big and vibrant as manchester, but i'd have to admit; the same cannot be said about the people sadly.
    hehehe

"London village" is what we call London to make it seem insignificant; which it is compared to the aceness that is Manchester!

Did you get the webcams working?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.