Turn on thread page Beta

CAN I TAKE GCSEs in UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    HELLO

PLEASE BEAR WITH ME AS I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM(even to this country)

CAN I TAKE GCSEs IF I AM 17? i went to school but they will not admitt me as i am over 16 AND COLLEGE WILL ENROL ME only for ESOL COURSE(english speaker of language)
    which i really don't want.

THANK YOU

AFGYAR SHAFI

ReputationRep:
    dunno if any school will take you. They may well do. You can certainly do GCSE exams. You just need to find a centre and pay the fees.

ReputationRep:
    yes, you can take gcse at a further education college, if they want you to take english classes first, then maybe its for your own benifit.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    yes, you can take gcse at a further education college, if they want you to take english classes first, then maybe its for your own benifit.

love Katy ***
    Good advice, if you can't speak english well or read it well, then you would have severe trouble in exams trying to understand data and questions.

It's for your own benefit, and it has to take priority before you start doing proper GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bradders)

where do ya come from? Welcome to the land of the free!
    That's debatable...

ReputationRep:
    I think you have to have lived here for 3/4/5 years before you can sit any qualification. However if you're willing to pay...

ReputationRep:
    yep me thinks those english lessons will come in handy !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charikaar)
    HELLO

PLEASE BEAR WITH ME AS I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM(even to this country)

CAN I TAKE GCSEs IF I AM 17? i went to school but they will not admitt me as i am over 16 AND COLLEGE WILL ENROL ME only for ESOL COURSE(english speaker of language)
    which i really don't want.

THANK YOU

AFGYAR SHAFI

you can take GCSE at any age...if you enrol into a college or maybe an evening class for adult education...but i dont think you have to pay...only the enrollement fees, which would include the examination fees...its not much though, so...

btw...happysunshine...cool avatar! Me love Gwen Stefani!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    you can take GCSE at any age...if you enrol into a college or maybe an evening class for adult education...but i dont think you have to pay...only the enrollement fees, which would include the examination fees...its not much though, so...

btw...happysunshine...cool avatar! Me love Gwen Stefani!
    Thanks , I like it but I want another avatar!

ReputationRep:
    THANKS ALL OF YOU WHO REPLIED.MUCH APPRECITED.

WELL I HAVE GOT FAMILY RE-UNION indefinite stay SO I DON'T HAVE THE FEAR TO BE SENT BACK to my A F G H A N I S T A N(will go back when i think its time too ) THATS WHY I WANT TO GET some QUALIFICATION.

I HAVE FIND BETTER PLACE FOR ADVICE NOW(i mean uk-learning)THANK YOU VERY MUCH ONCE AGAIN.

AFGHANYAR SHAFI

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.